Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Same here as noted by helpful forum member the car now adjusts coolant pump usage as necessary instead of running it full speed whenever plugged in.
Thank you, that is very good to knew. I was so anxious. ?
Sponsored

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
What does "ability for OTA updates" mean as part of this "software calibration update"?

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
What does "ability for OTA updates" mean as part of this "software calibration update"?
I think it means if your car struggled to receive updates over the air before then this might resolve that issue.

Stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Ext
Country flag
For anyone that’s had this CSP done, is the car much quieter charging at level 2? I know that was part of this specifically for DC, but I’m not hearing some of the sounds I’m used to hearing for level 2 now.
That is my experience also.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
There have been several people who have had these updates applied that the dealer did not apply all of the updates.

Ford is extremely clear on the instructions how to do the updates but dealer techs are just ignorant or lazy and do not complete them yet still bill Ford the full 1.3 hours of labor.

If you'd like the dealer to show proof that they updated the modules you can ask the service advisor to log into PTS (they'll know what this is) and put your vin in. Once they do that have them go to the "Diagnostics" tab then select "Vehicle history". Drill down on the day that the work was done and it will show a list of all software updates completed by the tech. You can then compare the 21P22 list on the first page of this thread to that the dealer updated.

Too bad people have to do this but I have now seen 4 people that have had this same issue.
I took my car in for the windshield and roof recalls, and the technician also applied 21P22. Only took 1.5 days, but when I picked it up it still appeared stuck on 1.7.1 (symbol/yo). If all of the modules had been applied, wouldn't 1.7.1 be completed? According to the documentation, they updated the PCM, BECM and SODCM modules. I left the car there for them to look at further.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The OTA software updates are more for sync and less for the car itself while CSP 21P22 is for updating functions of the car and not really the sync screen / system. CSP should give you faster charging after 80% at DCFC. OTA 1.7 should give you the sketch app. Two different things. And the OTA’s aren’t something that can be installed with the FDRS that the dealership is using.

also @RSH, your CSP 21P22 should have included updates to the ABS, and 4 different door modules, and about 5 other things that your dealer didn’t list. Might be worth double checking that they hit all the required modules to complete the CSP.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
The OTA software updates are more for sync and less for the car itself while CSP 21P22 is for updating functions of the car and not really the sync screen / system. CSP should give you faster charging after 80% at DCFC. OTA 1.7 should give you the sketch app. Two different things. And the OTA’s aren’t something that can be installed with the FDRS that the dealership is using.

also @RSH, your CSP 21P22 should have included updates to the ABS, and 4 different door modules, and about 5 other things that your dealer didn’t list. Might be worth double checking that they hit all the required modules to complete the CSP.
Understood. I'll check tomorrow. Thank you.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

This really isn't quite accurate.

12 total module updates on 21P22.

1.7.1 and 2.3 were sync module updates.... 1.4, 1.6, and 2.1 were all other modules and 2.3 had the sync module and TCU.

OTA updates can be done to almost all modules according to the WSM but Ford has only updated 3 different modules OTA.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This really isn't quite accurate.

12 total module updates on 21P22.

1.7.1 and 2.3 were sync module updates.... 1.4, 1.6, and 2.1 were all other modules and 2.3 had the sync module and TCU.

OTA updates can be done to almost all modules according to the WSM but Ford has only updated 3 different modules OTA.
Thanks for correcting my understanding.

bryan_m

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
My dealership is refusing to do all of 21P22 because they said it's full of issues and Ford told them not to perform it anymore. They'll only do PaaK and won't budge.

What a crap show the dealer network and Ford can be at times.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My dealership is refusing to do all of 21P22 because they said it's full of issues and Ford told them not to perform it anymore. They'll only do PaaK and won't budge.

What a crap show the dealer network and Ford can be at times.
Sounds like it's time to find a different dealer.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag

21P22 doesn't update the APIM (Sync4) that is covered under a different TSB. My dealer who I trust and really performs good service thought the APIM was updated under 21P22 as well when I took our Mach-E in for service and was a lesson learned for them.

Your service advisor needs to explicitly write up the service order to include TSB 21-2310 which will update the APIM. Generally you need to have an issue related to the TSB to have the work done. In my case 1.7.1 failed to install and would not update. Ford ended up replacing the APIM and all is good now.

Last edited:

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Can anyone check my VIN to confirm the software calibration update?

I brought my CA RT1 (Job 1) in for the glass recall and software calibration. Unfortunately, everyone with the glass company the dealer was going to use got COVID so they will reschedule the recall work. The dealer said they did the software calibration 21P22 but I don't notice any differences. Thank you.

Note - they also gave me another key fob at no charge. They said it was covered under warranty.

TheQ42

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Product Management
Country flag
Hi all!

So, after reading through several pages of the thread, I didn't find a clear answer to this, but it SEEMS like there's no way for me to easily tell, on my own, whether or not this update has been applied to my car. Is the only way to do that to take it to a dealer? Or see what my charge rate is after 80% at a DCFC station?

My car was built 9/21, and I bought it on January 7th. It was an order that someone backed out of, but that's a big gap between build date and pick-up, so I'm wondering if it had updates applied somewhere between there?

Sorry if I'm asking something that's already been asked (I may have just missed it).

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Hi all!

So, after reading through several pages of the thread, I didn't find a clear answer to this, but it SEEMS like there's no way for me to easily tell, on my own, whether or not this update has been applied to my car. Is the only way to do that to take it to a dealer? Or see what my charge rate is after 80% at a DCFC station?

My car was built 9/21, and I bought it on January 7th. It was an order that someone backed out of, but that's a big gap between build date and pick-up, so I'm wondering if it had updates applied somewhere between there?

Sorry if I'm asking something that's already been asked (I may have just missed it).
Unfortunately, your build date doesn't qualify for the update - only for cars built before... June, I think. (And by 9/21 and January 7th, you mean 2021 and 2022 respectively, right?)
Sponsored