Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Product Management
Country flag
Unfortunately, your build date doesn't qualify for the update - only for cars built before... June, I think. (And by 9/21 and January 7th, you mean 2021 and 2022 respectively, right?)
Yup, I mean built in 9/21 and I bought it in 1/22 (specifically 1/7/22). Hmmm...so I wonder if that means I already have the improved charging curve applied? I know my car also had a few extra perks being at the end of the 2021 run like the fact that it came with two fobs (not sure when they started doing that).

I guess I'll have to plug it in and see ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

thank you for the info!
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yup, I mean built in 9/21 and I bought it in 1/22 (specifically 1/7/22). Hmmm...so I wonder if that means I already have the improved charging curve applied? I know my car also had a few extra perks being at the end of the 2021 run like the fact that it came with two fobs (not sure when they started doing that).

I guess I'll have to plug it in and see ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

thank you for the info!
Nah, they donā€™t have that feature yet. It will come eventually to later builds OTA, or thatā€™s at least the plan.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
This really isn't quite accurate.

12 total module updates on 21P22.

1.7.1 and 2.3 were sync module updates.... 1.4, 1.6, and 2.1 were all other modules and 2.3 had the sync module and TCU.

OTA updates can be done to almost all modules according to the WSM but Ford has only updated 3 different modules OTA.
This really isn't quite accurate.

12 total module updates on 21P22.

1.7.1 and 2.3 were sync module updates.... 1.4, 1.6, and 2.1 were all other modules and 2.3 had the sync module and TCU.

OTA updates can be done to almost all modules according to the WSM but Ford has only updated 3 different modules OTA.
Just to provide an update on my experience: the dealer kept the car an additional day to hear back from Ford since 1.7.1 was still stuck after 21P22. Ford Corporate told the dealership not to do anything further since an OTA is expected mid to late February to fix this. They are not sure if the customer satisfaction updates, such as that to increase charging speed over 80%, went through since 1.7.1 didn't go through. So I'm still in limbo in 1.7.1, but the recalls were done quickly and the car works well, so I just have to wait. Thanks to you and @Murse-In-Airy for your help.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They are not sure if the customer satisfaction updates, such as that to increase charging speed over 80%, went through since 1.7.1 didn't go through.
I donā€™t know why they wouldnā€™t be sure about that. Theyā€™re completely different modules, and FDRS tells them when a module is updated successfully.

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
So, if they are going to do an OTA update to job 2 cars to add the extended charge cliff, what are they waiting for? Now is the cold time when people need the ability to charge more.

I just completed a 1500 mile round trip in very cold weather in my GTPE. Combining the severely reduced distance that can be traveled with only being able to charge to 80%, unless you want to spend another 2 hours to get a little more, is not optimal I can tell you that.

I don't think it's asking too much to release an update to job 2 cars that they already know is working on job 1 cars. I don't need stupid games and all that nonsense, but things that actually make the car more functional would be much appreciated,

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So, if they are going to do an OTA update to job 2 cars to add the extended charge cliff, what are they waiting for? Now is the cold time when people need the ability to charge more.

I just completed a 1500 mile round trip in very cold weather in my GTPE. Combining the severely reduced distance that can be traveled with only being able to charge to 80%, unless you want to spend another 2 hours to get a little more, is not optimal I can tell you that.

I don't think it's asking too much to release an update to job 2 cars that they already know is working on job 1 cars. I don't need stupid games and all that nonsense, but things that actually make the car more functional would be much appreciated,
Welcome to what Job 1 cars have been saying about Job 2 cars about BlueCruise and the Frunk Button.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
Welcome to what Job 1 cars have been saying about Job 2 cars about BlueCruise and the Frunk Button.
Does that button in the funk still not work or are you talking about something else?

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
I get what your saying. I use blue cruise when Iā€™m on the highway and it would be frustrating not to have that.

I could care less about the frunk button. I have never used it myself. I guess if I ever used the frunk I would care about it.

I know job 2 cars are in a much better place, and I shouldnā€™t complain. My car has been pretty solid without much of the agony I read about in this forum.

Hereā€™s hoping that this all gets resolved sooner rather than later. ?

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Job 2 production for model year 2021 began in July 2021, if I recall correctly, for factory orders received from the end of April onward.
Ok, so mine was delivered Sept 1st 2021. How do I find the build date?

Iā€™m assuming job 2 means I will be at back of queue for OTAs? Had one in October to 1.6.0 but nothing since.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Iā€™m assuming job 2 means I will be at back of queue for OTAs? Had one in October to 1.6.0 but nothing since.
Read your door jamb...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

If you can successfully open the frunk from the touch screen, it's job 2.

If your vehicle is equipped with the hardware needed for BlueCruise and it's available for you to use, you have Job 2.

If your vehicle came from the factory with two key fobs, it's job 2.

The production date is on the driver door sticker. But it's vague. For instance mine says 01/2021 but my vehicle began production in 12/2020.
Sponsored