g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
when I did the update on Friday, I did notice the range increased slightly @80% charge before its was 189 and the estimated ended up at 222 after the update, haven’t tied DC fast charging but wish they recorded the charing curve in the app
Sponsored

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
when I did the update on Friday, I did notice the range increased slightly @80% charge before its was 189 and the estimated ended up at 222 after the update, haven’t tied DC fast charging but wish they recorded the charing curve in the app
Mine also did this but I put it down to the EV driving history being reset as part of the updates. It’s done it to me before on previous updates.

Mockingbird2004

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
Send me your VIN and I can look if you want.

Though if they updated the BECM it should have forced them to update the PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB/C as well. Maybe not though. I always start with the PCM and it forces you to update the rest.

I put my GT vin in not my FE which is why it didn't show up. It is showing up for the FE.
3FMTK4SX8MMD99649

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
For the 50 or so people who I ran a VIN for that couldn't get the dealership to update because there wasn't a reason to ... well here's your reason. Go tell them to update it now as long as your MME falls within the build dates in the memo.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Along with this update, there are several additional updates for customer satisfaction included in this
software update. This will include updates for no start, handling performance, ability for over the air
updates, improved range in cold weather, DC fast charge total time improvements, display range
accuracy, e-latch door robustness, and phone as a key detection.”

How can software change “handling performance” and “e-latch door robustness?”

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'll try and figure out a way to keep my car away from the dealership until I hit 36,000 miles that way they won't be tempted to install any software. I'll see if I can get Safelite to replace my windshield instead of having the dealership do it....

Seems the primary issue to resolve here is that downhill regen for extended distances. I don't think I encounter that very often. I've been through the mountains here a few times and so far so good. Would like to avoid this issue if possible but I don't want them opening up any of my battery capacity or speeding up the DC fast charging or anything like that so I'll sit this one out for now.

The secondary notes are interesting. "there are several additional updates for customer satisfaction included....."
  1. No Start
  2. Handling Performance
  3. ability for OTA
  4. Improved range in cold weather
  5. DC fast charge total time improvements
  6. display range accuracy
  7. e-latch door robustness
  8. PaaK detection.

Affected vehicle built thru June 18, 2021. So that means only Premiums, Selects and CR1 then?
#2 is interesting and something discussed in another thread. There are software calibrations that impact handling performance? The WSM does say the ABS system affects handling somehow. Kinda interesting.

Besides fixing the downhill shutdown issue, none of the 8 items listed matter to me. At least, not enough to want to change anything. Items #1-#7 work fine for me so far and #8 is not applicable.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Along with this update, there are several additional updates for customer satisfaction included in this
software update. This will include updates for no start, handling performance, ability for over the air
updates, improved range in cold weather, DC fast charge total time improvements, display range
accuracy, e-latch door robustness, and phone as a key detection.”

Apparently the handling performance is affected by the software. I mentioned this in another thread but I don't remember the topic. I found some language in the workshop manual that describes the different drive modes and how handling is different in each mode and it didn't seem to reference the GTPE at all. In fact, the WSM doesn't really address the GTPE specific items until you enter a GTPE VIN and the you get to see the other stuff like front motor specifics, different cooling lines, etc.

Then somewhere else in the manual it talks about the ABS and brake system affecting handling in some way. It sounded a little like virtual torque vectoring (if that makes any sense....) ?? ?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
First one could have to do with failing the moose test, second one could have to do with the doors sometimes opening when locked.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance on this, but this update pack will not include the 1.7.1 update right? I didn’t see the APIM module listed in the letter. Just wondering if I should ask for this update and 1.7.1 when I bring my car in next month for its 10k service.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance on this, but this update pack will not include the 1.7.1 update right? I didn’t see the APIM module listed in the letter. Just wondering if I should ask for this update and 1.7.1 when I bring my car in next month for its 10k service.
Correct, the APIM 1.7.1 update is not included in this CSP.

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Improved range in cold weather"? Wonder what that is about
when I did the update on Friday, I did notice the range increased slightly @80% charge before its was 189 and the estimated ended up at 222 after the update
Apparently the handling performance is affected by the software. I mentioned this in another thread but I don't remember the topic.
I believe mine will qualify for this CSP, as I have a build date of 2/1/21. Already past one third of the way to 36K miles. Two specific things I hope it affects:
1) I have noticed a dramatic reduction in range in temps below 50 degrees (F) as compared to summer when temps were in the 80's, 90's and 100's. I expected less range with colder temps, but at 50F it has been more dramatic than anticipated.
2) I haven't seen any other complaints about this, but at 70 mph on winding mountain roads with Adaptive Cruise on, the car cuts speed slightly when steering wheel input reaches a certain angle until you straighten back out, as if the car thinks I'm going too fast for the curve.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
I have never in 6 months received an OTA update, so I hope this fixes that. No 1.7.2 for me. I asked the service tech and he reports dealers can't do those.

The steering is electric, so it is possible to change that as Engaged plays with that too.

I also have the clicking noise on hard left turns. I wondering if it doesn't have something to do with a lack of a conventional differential.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Guys, I performed the update and I'm happy to announce that the charging cliff at 80% for DCFC has been improved! Between 28-30kW! Screenshot of EA station and Car Scanner stats.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update 20211123_184713.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20211123-184746

Edit: the battery may have been cold gating. Power going in has increased to 40kW, battery temp is 66F now.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I also have the clicking noise on hard left turns. I wondering if it doesn't have something to do with a lack of a conventional differential.
The MME has a differential in both the front and rear drive trains. I remember seeing them disassembled in the Munro teardown videos.

Tony

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
First one could have to do with failing the moose test, second one could have to do with the doors sometimes opening when locked.
Ah, could be stability control settings.

The “robustness” just throws me off a little on the door latch description.

Ford always seems to give just enough information to confuse people. Would it really be that hard to write a couple sentence description?
Sponsored