Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I picked up my FE yesterday, drove it home from the dealers which is about 70 miles away with no issues. When I got it home I plugged it into our wall charger and the car was charging just fine. While home I was going through the Ford Pass App and setting it up as needed. Noticed that it was going to charge to 100% and since I am not doing a lot of driving now I want to keep the charge at about 80%, noticed the charge was at 85% so I stopped the charging from the app. All seemed fine. Later in the evening I checked the Ford Pass app again and it indicated the car was unplugged which it wasn't. But didn't think much about it and went to bed. When I got up in the morning I was going to be heading out so I started the car from Ford Pass App and the app said it was started. Went out about 10 minutes later, got in the car, stepped on the brake and pushed the start button. That is when I saw the Stop Safely Now error (but I wasn't moving) and a bunch of other areas. I noticed in the bottom of the instrument display, there was the graphic of a car with an exclamation point through it and a graphic of a battery in RED. Then I got a notification on the phone of an HEV-Hazard with the message "The powertain control system has detected that the system power supply voltage is lower than desired". Needless to say I was not very happy, since I had the car for less than 24 hours". So I checked the forum saw this thread and the issue with the 12V battery. I was a previous Tesla owner so I am familiar with this error as this happens to Teslas too. I do own a battery jumper pack, so I pulled off the 2 plastic covers in the Frunk (not fun) and connected the jumper back to the battery terminals as instructed in the owners manual. After about 5 minutes the LEDs on the Jumper Pack said the 12V was fullly charged. So I disconnected it and then changed the charge limit to 90% so that the HVB would charge. Then I let is sit for about 30 minutes. Went back out and no error messages and all was ok. Drove the car for about an hour with no issues. So it makes me think the car went into a Deep Sleep which caused the battery to get too low, but not so low that I could not get in the car. Could have the action of pausing the charge the night before caused this issue? No idea, but I guess I will find out tomorrow morning to see where things stand. I contacted the dealership and they are going to contact Ford to make them aware of the problem, but I am hoping that Ford is following this thread and will have a resolution soon.

I will update as I know more. Thanks

Stop Safely.jpg
HEV-Hazard.png
Check with your dealer and see if they updated the software before delivery:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Deep Sleep Mode - 12v battery drained dead [update: Mach-E jump started] 21B02

With any luck all you need is a software update.
Sponsored

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Deep Sleep Mode - 12v battery drained dead [update: Mach-E jump started] 21B02

This very well could be the problem as I definitely did a remote start. Then ran into the no start issue. I will forward to my dealer. Thank you!!!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

That document says affected VINs are listed in OASIS and FSA Vin list - we should proactively check with dealer to verify against this list when taking delivery. I dont know if the effected VINs get a Ford Pass notice. They should so that they are proactively taken care of.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I will say that I live in Cali and the dealer set up my iPhone as a key. I drive the 105 miles home and had Bluetooth connection issues. I called the dealer which was now on a Saturday and he said we will diagnose it on Monday.

Well being who I am I deleted both blue tooth links. Yes there are two separate links. After two hours of attempting it I gave up. Two hours later and my MME emailed me asking if I wanted to set up my iPhone as a key. If so come out to the car and turn on the battery but NOT the car. In under 5 minutes it was all fixed.

Now I have mine set to 100%. I got a 125,000 mile warranty so not worried about it. I am
Just goi g to leave it at 100% and see what happens. In a month or so I will likely take it down to 90% but on any given day I need a minimum of 210 miles in case I need to go to LA. In this way I never need to charge away from home. After 1 week my MME charges to 242 miles.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm thankful for these threads. When (someday) I get my Mach E I won't have a panic attack when my instrument cluster lights up like a Christmas tree. Having owned a Ford Focus EV for 7 years now, I'm no stranger to dead 12V batteries.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
That document says affected VINs are listed in OASIS and FSA Vin list - we should proactively check with dealer to verify against this list when taking delivery. I dont know if the effected VINs get a Ford Pass notice. They should so that they are proactively taken care of.
Anyone know if there any way we can get a copy of that list here for ourselves?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really doubt it, for sheer size alone. Somewhere between 5k-10k MMEs were likely built before 1/9/21. Just need someone who can look yours up, like the dealer.

But your order status page should tell you your build date, at least. If after 1/9, it shouldn't be part of that particular patch.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So this morning I did not do the remote start and had no issues. Started right up and drove it for an hour. Great drive. PAAK is definitely flakey but overall just a wonderful drive.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can get the list with access to the OASIS system. I clicked on it and it was pretty long but it does not appear to be every car built in that period. Only a small percentage looks like to me...

When you pick up your car then you can ask the dealer to enter your VIN in OASIS and if your vehicle is affected then there will be a big message highlighted in yellow on the main screen. Cant miss it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So this morning I did not do the remote start and had no issues. Started right up and drove it for an hour. Great drive. PAAK is definitely flakey but overall just a wonderful drive.
Nice.
For many of us this has been quite the roller coaster ride. The only thing that has kept my sanity in check is to remember how well these drive. If I hadn't been fortunate enough to get some time behind the wheel back in October, I am not sure I would have made it this far.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Does Deep Sleep mode mean your 12v battery is drained? Or the car enter that mode to preserve battery when stored unplugged?

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can get the list with access to the OASIS system. I clicked on it and it was pretty long but it does not appear to be every car built in that period. Only a small percentage looks like to me...

When you pick up your car then you can ask the dealer to enter your VIN in OASIS and if your vehicle is affected then there will be a big message highlighted in yellow on the main screen. Cant miss it.
How do you access the OASIS system? I would like to check my VIN?

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
UPDATE: My dealership just called and said that Ford will be sending an engineer on Thursday into Friday to take a look at my Mach E. It has been summoned to appear!

Pretty much the same thing that has happened to @ChasingCoral and @machefan. Ford is taking this quite seriously and I am reassured that we purchased great vehicles that just need a little tinkering to get the bugs out as any new electronic needs from an excellent company.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
UPDATE: My dealership just called and said that Ford will be sending an engineer on Thursday into Friday to take a look at my Mach E. It has been summoned to appear!

Pretty much the same thing that has happened to @ChasingCoral and @machefan. Ford is taking this quite seriously and I am reassured that we purchased great vehicles that just need a little tinkering to get the bugs out as any new electronic needs from an excellent company.
Fingers crossed the software fix alone is all you need. If so, that's quick and easy now that they've diagnosed the issue.
Sponsored