John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Dealers gonna DEAL. Not so good at playing the game.

ddlt

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NX 300H Rx350 CX5 Mach E reserved Galaxy 500 in a time long ago
Country flag
Some dealers are terrible. Mb bmw Audi to name some but I always had luck with my ford dealers over the years. Plus Ford will keep us updated with production etc.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
All Editions except GT now show '"late 2020" when Select and RT. 1 were "Early 2021". This has been on the Splash Page for 30 hours now so not a fluke.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
Given difficulties of totally new vehicle rollout and the uncertainties of covid-19, I am quite sure that Ford can at best give only a rough estimate of when vehicles will be available.
The idea that people expect vehicles to be produced in the sequence ordered seems strange to me. I expect they will create a production schedule that allows them to gradually add complexity to a new line and is most efficient.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Well, my opinion is, the Ford had never expected so many peoples/potential customers all over the world for an elective vehicle. Compare this to other companies who build EVs. There is always the same. (OK, not tesla ?) Look at Hyundai, Audi, KIA. All of them never mentioned to this market. VW just now startes to convert.

In general:
Ford was taken completely by surprise. And I don't know if they have done adequate and sufficient market research Apparently not. If they had done that, the capacity in Mexico would be very different. Speaking of Mexico, does anybody know anything about the plant's degree of completion?

FASTBACK

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Roadmaster - Beemer 40e
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
First Edition Europe cant be delivered first in Europe - its "America First and only America first " then Europe . Order books opening here in August when the "first " demo Mach E arrives.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Last edited:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
In general:
Ford was taken completely by surprise. And I don't know if they have done adequate and sufficient market research Apparently not. If they had done that, the capacity in Mexico would be very different.
Ford has said that the limitation to 50k units for the model year is driven by limited availability of batteries. It was not driven by an underestimate of what the demand for the vehicle would be.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In general:
Ford was taken completely by surprise. And I don't know if they have done adequate and sufficient market research Apparently not. If they had done that, the capacity in Mexico would be very different. Speaking of Mexico, does anybody know anything about the plant's degree of completion?
Dozens of enthusiasts posting in an online forum don't give us a fair representation of what total demand is though. Nor do the reservation numbers that pretty clearly have gaps in them. We really don't know how many reservations there are. Could be more than 50,000, or as few as 20,000.

The 50,000 Mach-e's Ford plans to make for the 2021 model year might end up being just about right to meet actual demand. Keep in mind too that they don't want to undercut sales of their other vehicles that tend to have higher profit margins. This is an "ease into BEV sales" vehicle for Ford, knowing BEVs will be a growing segment for the automotive industry this decade.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well, my opinion is, the Ford had never expected so many peoples/potential customers all over the world for an elective vehicle. Compare this to other companies who build EVs. There is always the same. (OK, not tesla ?) Look at Hyundai, Audi, KIA. All of them never mentioned to this market. VW just now startes to convert.

In general:
Surprise, no. Conservative, yes. They are continuing construction at the plant. All but one of the big robotic tools are installed and in use and the last will be shipped down from Michigan in a couple of weeks. Recent photos in https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-production-progress-in-cuautitlan-plant.817/ show some of that work as it was underway. They are now building out bigger space in the parking lot to hold assembled units as they await approval and shipping. I have to wonder if the parking lot expansion is due to the change in plans for European delivery. They may have to hold the European units longer than they originally intended.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Keep in mind this: How many of the first model year Ford thinks will be sold:
Mach-E: 50,000
Bronco: 200,000

That should tell you something right there.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag