Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question to the Forum, it is my first. I am wondering if the wrong battery was installed in our Mach-E? We picked up our Premium AWD with the larger 88Kwh battery Friday. The dealer had charged the battery to 100%. When we picked it up the display indicated it had 92% @207 miles, which I noted to the salesman then that seemed low. Salesman said to drive it, then recharge it overnight and let him know the next morning.
That next morning, I saw 100% @ 236 miles, which corresponds to what the smaller 68kwh battery would display. The window sticker and order sheet indicate the larger battery but the dealer inventory sheet that I found online indicates the smaller battery. When you received your Mach-E was this an issue?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/
Sponsored

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Maybe he should measure his tires too? Michelin could have mislabeled them. ?
Or only put on 3....where's the 4th ? .... and the dealer forgot my spare tire! ??

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Some users in germany has the same "problem".
Bad range with their extended battery.

I drive the model with the standard range and I cannot complain.
Around 0 C degrees and I have a range of about 300 km, in summer 410 km
Some ER drivers has the same range with their battery... Don't know what they are doing wrong.

WinterSky

First Name
WinterSky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question to the Forum, it is my first. I am wondering if the wrong battery was installed in our Mach-E? We picked up our Premium AWD with the larger 88Kwh battery Friday. The dealer had charged the battery to 100%. When we picked it up the display indicated it had 92% @207 miles, which I noted to the salesman then that seemed low. Salesman said to drive it, then recharge it overnight and let him know the next morning.
That next morning, I saw 100% @ 236 miles, which corresponds to what the smaller 68kwh battery would display. The window sticker and order sheet indicate the larger battery but the dealer inventory sheet that I found online indicates the smaller battery. When you received your Mach-E was this an issue?
When I picked up my Mach E CA RT1 at the dealer it was charged to 100% and only showing 265miles in the GOM even though the CA RT1 is rated for 305 miles. After driving the car for 3 weeks now the GOM is showing 315 at 90%. It turns out when I picked up the car at the dealer the GOM didnt have enough driving history. While you are driving you can also look at the mi/kwh info and multiply it by your battery size. For instance, my trip info is always 3.5, 3.7, 3.9 and very few occasions 4.1. multiply that number by your battery size and it will give you the current range at that moment. 3.7 x 88 = 325.6

My advise is to give it some time. let the car get enough driving history of your driving style. Also have into consideration that lower temperatures will also affect drastically the range and the GOM.

Almost 2,000 miles now and I love my Mach E.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
Oy Vey! looks like you may have gotten the 250 mile battery? What does your original order say? If you ordered the ER, and got the SR, I'd be pissed.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
This feels like Groundhog Day. But, @Pickleball_Pony, Iā€™m glad people are being gentle on you. This guy even thought during warm weather that he might have gotten cheated.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/wrong-battery-pack.6102/
Oh hey! I got called out here! I'm happy to report that it didn't really settle in until about 1500 miles (I swear those first 1,000 miles it's programmed not to learn much from your specific vehicle and driving. It was stuck down around 230 until about 1200 miles, despite averaging around 3.5mi/kWhr.

But now that number updates all the time. I was getting guesstimates of 320-340 in summer, and now down to about 190 in the winter (temps in the 30s) Based on my actual kw usage, those numbers are fairly accurate to what it calculates out to: about 3.7 mi/kWhr summer, and about 2.4 mi/kWhr in the winter (I take more short trips than long ones).

My advice: keep driving, it won't become more accurate (unless the programming has changed) until you've got at least 1,000 miles under your belt.

Also: I couldn't be happier with this vehicle. I've had zero major issues (a SYNC reboot here and there), and took it on a 1300 mile road trip, no problems with fast chargers, and it's comfortable and a highway champ for hours on end!

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
See how many kw are added to increase the battery by 10% then multiply by 10. That should give you an idea of your battery capacity.
My numbers indicate you should take about 91% of your kWh in to be your battery capacity gain as not all you put in turns into recoverable energy. My 91% efficiency is based on 2MWh and 88kWh battery capacity. I keep a running total, for fun.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My FE rated at 270mi said 150mi to empty at 100% charge the day I bought it. It was 20 degrees lol.

Guess-o-meter baby. Not a Tesla that tells you best case even when its super cold.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
LOL, I think Ford forgot to factor in the fun of slamming that go pedal has on my range. For some reason, I get a lot better mi/KW when my wife is in the car than when she is not! Put that in your GOM and see how the algorithm adjusts! :rolleyes:

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How long until AOSK comes up with a product to cover up the GOM so people no longer need to see it?

Ben and MModified will be doing a YouTube review on it shortly....

Status
Not open for further replies.