scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
On the side where you can tap to perform whatever you programmed it to do? I haven't noticed it but I normally drive with the radio obnoxiously loud. I'll listen for it on my drive home. As for the link you sent, I assume it's not on the recording that you are worried about, it's in the cabin correct?

I don't have audio recording enabled on mine unless I tap the side.
Yeah not in the recording audio itself but the camera makes little rattle sounds. Maybe I just need to turn up the music ..... But can't really do that with the kids in my car
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
The fuse for the camera is only 3 amps so I'm not sure why they would recommend that. Now if it's on a used spot they could possibly recommend that because between the previously used fuse and the new fuse the total would be higher. I'm gonna have to say they are incorrect.

A 3 amp fuse will trip at +3 amps regardless if the previous fuse was 5 amps, 10 or 30. What they are suggesting just doesn't make sense. And the majority of fuse taps are not rated for 10 or 30 amps so I'm slightly perplexed.
Yeah I wasn't worried about that either when I saw the 3A fuse

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm going to be pulling the trigger next week and doing the dashcam install. I've wired all my cars in the past, not sure if I'm going to do the MME or have someone else do it... I've always just done a front camera, where this time I want to get a rear channel in. I'm also going to be running a power bank as well so I remove the cars 12v battery from the picture.

Just have not 100% settled on a camera yet. THINKWARE U1000 looks really good along with the Vantrue N4 3 Channel. I do like the idea of recording in cabin along with out the front and rear.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yeah not in the recording audio itself but the camera makes little rattle sounds. Maybe I just need to turn up the music ..... But can't really do that with the kids in my car
I'll listen for it tomorrow. I honestly forgot today.

@scoopman I'll follow up on this post so that I don't create another. Today I drove about 20 miles with the music off and I couldn't get my cam to rattle at all. I have the 4g LTE version, so not quite the same one but it wasn't making any noise whatsoever.

It might just be something with certain models of the cams, not really sure.

Last edited:

marcusr

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I followed this guide and wired up my Blackvue DR750X-2CH about a week ago and it went pretty well. I was able to run the wire for the back camera through the right boot to the trunk lid - it helped to unclip both ends of the boot before fishing the wire through.

GPS is slow to pick up through the windshield but otherwise it's been trouble free.

MinervaDreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm going to be pulling the trigger next week and doing the dashcam install. I've wired all my cars in the past, not sure if I'm going to do the MME or have someone else do it... I've always just done a front camera, where this time I want to get a rear channel in. I'm also going to be running a power bank as well so I remove the cars 12v battery from the picture.

Just have not 100% settled on a camera yet. THINKWARE U1000 looks really good along with the Vantrue N4 3 Channel. I do like the idea of recording in cabin along with out the front and rear.
I just had the U1000 2-channel installed along with the Cellink Neo battery pack. It's awesome and was a super clean install.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Did anyone without a glass roof run the rear cam wires through the center of the roof instead of near the curtain airbags? i wonder if the cross beams will be in the way.
also, does anyone know how the overhead sunglass holder is mounted? Looks like the trim around the lights comes off but I’d rather not break it lol.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Its too late to try and work on the car but had a question in hopes that maybe if I need parts I can get them over night from Amazon.

On the manual it does not seem like they identify what circuits use which type of fuse.

I'm going to be hardwiring my Cellink Neo and changing to the "hardwire" for the U1000. I'm currently using the 12v Cig plug for both which apparently won't allow the car to use parking mode. I need a 15-30 amp ACC circuit so circuit 15 should work.

My question is, does anyone know what type of fuse circuit 15 uses? I know in the OP's post he said it was a Micro 3, but in the two provided links they are both showing Micro 2 fuses. My Nero came with fuse-taps, but I think they are just the Micro 2 maybe the Mini and then what looks like a Micro 3 but only has two blades vs the three, although maybe its not as wide.. Wish they were labeled what they were...

Lastly, if you can't get a 3 pin micro tap, use a 2 pin tap. The middle pin is the supply and the sides are the load so if both are unused you can safely use a 2 pin tap on the top or bottom.
If I use circuit 15 (which is apparently not used) can I just use that larger Micro 3 looking fuse-tap then? Trying to find the Micro 3 on amazon and not have much luck.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY Tutorial for Hardwiring a Dashcam and Radar Detector 1638078081053

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Its too late to try and work on the car but had a question in hopes that maybe if I need parts I can get them over night from Amazon.

On the manual it does not seem like they identify what circuits use which type of fuse.

I'm going to be hardwiring my Cellink Neo and changing to the "hardwire" for the U1000. I'm currently using the 12v Cig plug for both which apparently won't allow the car to use parking mode. I need a 15-30 amp ACC circuit so circuit 15 should work.

My question is, does anyone know what type of fuse circuit 15 uses? I know in the OP's post he said it was a Micro 3, but in the two provided links they are both showing Micro 2 fuses. My Nero came with fuse-taps, but I think they are just the Micro 2 maybe the Mini and then what looks like a Micro 3 but only has two blades vs the three, although maybe its not as wide.. Wish they were labeled what they were...

If I use circuit 15 (which is apparently not used) can I just use that larger Micro 3 looking fuse-tap then? Trying to find the Micro 3 on amazon and not have much luck.
1638078081053.png
Ok ... so you can use a micro 2 in a micro 3 spot. While 15 is unused, 16 is used for Magna. If you don't have magna, I would still avoid it because since it's a 3 blade you would be removing both circuits unless you had a micro 3 tap. When you use a micro 2 on a micro 3 it will kill the other side, if it's unused, no harm, but if it's a used circuit then you'll have issues.

I prefer this link for the fuse box diagram and information: https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-mustang-mach-e-2021-fuses

As you can see 1 and 2 are both unused. I would recommend that. It's also a switched power so when the car is off it's off. All of the 3 blade slots are switched while the 2 blades are always on.

In the picture all you have is a single micro 2 tap. The others aren't micro.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Has anyone with a rear dashcam had the pano roof recall done yet? I just got the Thinkware Q800 Pro and was going to try to run the rear camera line this weekend, but my dealer mentioned having to remove the headliner for the adhesive reapplication. Makes me wonder if that might dislocate anything and if I should just wait until the recall is done before installing the rear cam.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Has anyone with a rear dashcam had the pano roof recall done yet? I just got the Thinkware Q800 Pro and was going to try to run the rear camera line this weekend, but my dealer mentioned having to remove the headliner for the adhesive reapplication. Makes me wonder if that might dislocate anything and if I should just wait until the recall is done before installing the rear cam.
I'm waiting til all the roof and windshield work is done. I doubt the dealer or contractors will be liable for any damage done to an aftermarket install. I'm working with my dealer to notify the installer my MME has windshield tint (80% ceramic for IR rejection.) But, if it's scratched, that one's on me. Plus my Viofo 139 is still bouncing around the mail system. I do have a Powercell 8 battery and my 256 micro sd card just came in today. My ETA for having the recall glass work done is in a month. Oh - dealer also told me the windshield work involves removing the A frame interior liner too.

Last edited:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
As you can see 1 and 2 are both unused. I would recommend that. It's also a switched power so when the car is off it's off. All of the 3 blade slots are switched while the 2 blades are always on.
What's the significance of the fuse that's installed on an unused spot? Does that reflect the capacity of the underlying circuit too? I also decided to install a battery (the Thinkware iVolt) but the manual recommends installing into a switched circuit fused for 20A, even though the max current drawn during charging is only 7A. Can I even put a 20A (or even just a 10A) fuse in 1 or 2, or am I going to toast something since the existing fuse is only 5A? I haven't gotten to dig around and look for more switched circuits, but it looks like all the 10+A circuits are 2 blades and thus constant power, I assume.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What's the significance of the fuse that's installed on an unused spot?
No risk to the affected system should there be an issue with the fuse (i.e. popping out because fuse taps aren't as "locked in")

It would be a bad thing should something happen while in motion to a critical system. So if you can't find an unused find something like a cig lighter/12v outlet that really won't cause major issues.

Does that reflect the capacity of the underlying circuit too?
To an extent. There's normally a main fuse, but we're talking a lot of amps, not individually. The issue is more in regards to the capacity of the tap. Make sure that the tap is capable of pulling the amps needed for both fuses if using an active circuit. It's definitely possible that if adding multiple 20amp circuits you eventually exceed the wire size rating to the fuse block from the battery. These wires are always oversized and adding 7amps wont be an issue.

Do not connect it to a battery supply, only use an acc supply because otherwise having the battery is pointless. If the battery draws 7amps max then I would use a 7.5amp fuse.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just wrapped up my Thinkware install front/rear cameras and separate battery. The guide here is elite! I mounted my battery right behind the glovebox via Velcro.
Hi. I got a thinkware U1000 for Christmas. What battery did you get with your thinkware cam?
Sponsored