Does anyone actually love their MME?

Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e sr awd
Country flag
Only people with problems post their problems. They are always the loudest, doesn't matter which brand or object we talk about.

The MME is my first electric, and I'm in love. First time in many years I find excuses to go out and drive. The minor problems the car have with PAAK will be solved. So I don't worry to much about it. And comparing to a Tesla is like comparing apples with pears.
Tesla been out for 8-10years now(?), and how many problems have the had over the time?
This isnthe first time Ford go full tech and electric, so problems gonna be there and they will be fixed.

Now I'm looking forward to test it out during the Norwegian winter.
Sponsored

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Hey everyone! I am new to the group here. I joined because I am in the market for a MME. Live in southern CA so most likely going to get the CA Rt 1. Butā€¦ since I have joined this group, I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of issues/complaints with the vehicle. To be fair, I currently drive a Jeep Cherokee and there are certainly ample issues/complaints on the Cherokee forums. So I guess all I really am looking for are some good positive experiences. What do you all LOVE about your MME? Any SOCAL owners? If so, which model did you get and how is that working out for you. At the end of theā€¦ are you all happy with your purchase? Thanks in advance for any comments (helpful, sarcastic, or otherwise)! Be safe out there!
To answer your question, after 6 months with this car and learning a lot about pros and cons, if I were buying a new car today it would be the same MME.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I like it very much and it's my first electric vehicle. One thing I can't get over is the braking, there's a "brake coach" to teach how you how brakes should be applied. Whenever I want to brake hard, it just doesn't stop.

Does anyone know if I can switch from D to N when coasting to stop? Would that help to brake in shorter distances?
NO do not switch to N if you want shorter stopping distance. Hit the brakes, and if you want more of a gasoline engine brake feel when you let up on the accelerator, try driving in L, or in Unbridled mode, or turn on one pedal driving.

If indeed your car is not stopping when you hit the brakes, go directly to your dealer and get it fixed.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
First electric vehicle, absolutely love it. I've already got 8,500 miles on it and have nothing to really complain about. I do have PAAK set up and it works okay. But with the amount of miles I drive for work I carry a key with me most everywhere because I don't feel like waiting the extra 30 seconds to a minute it takes to sync the few times PAAK messes up.

Car flies and the attention it gets is still hilarious. Grabbed a pretzel with my 2 yr old Friday and a guy quickly jumped out of his Jeep a few spaces down and ran over to me with his kid wanting to talk about it. My daughter calls it the race car and was patient as I talked with the guy, but was ready for her pretzel when she got into her "racing" seat.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I like it very much and it's my first electric vehicle. One thing I can't get over is the braking, there's a "brake coach" to teach how you how brakes should be applied. Whenever I want to brake hard, it just doesn't stop.

Does anyone know if I can switch from D to N when coasting to stop? Would that help to brake in shorter distances?
Frankly, have no idea what "it just doesn't stop" means. The brakes are very grippy in my car. In most cases I don't need them at all since I'm using 1PD. But when I need more deceleration than 1PD provides I'm being very gentle with the pedal not to break hard.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I do not currently have a Mach-e. I am waiting for my reservation-turned-order to turn into an actual vehicle. That said, as has been said before people who donā€™t have problems usually donā€™t post anything about their experience.

While you are waiting for your new MME, join us over at the Grumpy thread. ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I love my MME! It's cool to look at, fun to drive and comfortable. Not to mention I don't need to stop at gas stations.?

IMG_20210816_102518358.jpg
Original poster yes there is +1 here. The destination is no longer that important.

Wow that arse end pic looks good; you have been busy ?

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag

Not clear from your message, but did you play with different modes - Engage, Whisper and Unbridled? Did you try brakes with 1PD on and off? Did you try modes with 1PD off but L on? I find the brakes have different feel in different modes - like Unbridled with 1PD on is really harsh but Engaged with 1PD off is what I like and currently use. There are a lot of options - which I also like.

As for the original question - it's a damn good car, every time I drive it, I feel special. I only had couple of issues with PaaK - once I could not make it work for half a day - until I googled the solution :) (a lot of settings removals and app uninstall/install). Other than that - my heart rate raises every time I get into my MME :)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Frankly, have no idea what "it just doesn't stop" means. The brakes are very grippy in my car. In most cases I don't need them at all since I'm using 1PD. But when I need more deceleration than 1PD provides I'm being very gentle with the pedal not to break hard.
First one I have owned with braking power like this also. Big calipers and sportier than I have owned was my guess. If they do not stop you I would get that checked out. I could count on one hand how many times I have used them but when you need them they are definitely there. Being electronic it is also something that could be tinkered with. 1PD is the bomb :cool:.

First Name
Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
So Cal MME owner living in the La Verne area here. My Spouse, 11 month old, and I love ours. We have a Premium AWD ER in Rapid Red.

Thereā€™s things that Ford can improve on but thereā€™s a lot to love as well. This is our first OPD and we adapted to it fairly quick. PAAK has worked for the majority of our uses. Charging Stations in our area is ample. The Alerts and Safety features make us feel comfortable driving our son around. Plenty of torque for our drives.

We just got back from our family road trip over the summer and we canā€™t imagine ourselves in any other car for similar trips moving forward. And yes even considering our hiccup in Mesquite.

Overall we feel like for us this car was a great get, and are absolutely in love with it.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The only thing I really hate about my MME is how late it makes me for appointments. A reoccurring experience I am having is that I will need to be somewhere at a certain time and will try to get an errand in beforehand. Inevitably, someone always stops me to ask how I like my electric Mustang. I tend to forget about everything when that happens and excitedly start talking about how much I love everything about itā€”from the style to the comfort, to the way it drives. Dang, I get so mad at myself after I finally realize I was in ā€œIā€™m in loveā€ mode again and lost all track of time. Honestly, so worth it though.

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
I love my FE Mach-e. Proof of this is how often I clean it inside and out. Keeping it in showroom condition. I honestly smile every time I get in and start my day.

Does it have problems? Yes. But I new that possibility going in. But I have faith Ford will take care of us early adopters. This is an important vehicle for Ford.

The problems I experience are software related.

lane cantering keeps me too far to the right. Maybe this will get adjusted when Blue Cruise gets released.

Cruise control keeps the vehicle at my set speed (110kph) even when I exit a highway with a posted exit speed of (50kph). The Mach-e recognizes the speed sign change, because it shows the new slower speed on the drivers display, but the cruise doesnā€™t slow down. It actually attempts to exit at 110kph. I have to brake to turn off the cruise control. This is definitely an AI issue. Again, maybe Bluecruise will fix this.

ford, if you are reading this, I wonā€™t be subscribing to BlueCruise unless I read a lot of reviews of its success. I wonā€™t be early adopting BlueCruise.

another software glitch is the excess length of time it takes for the centre screen to redraw from the reverse view to refresh and draw the regular radio/driving view. I have the reverse delay turned off. But I drive half a block before the radio screen becomes usable.

I honestly canā€™t think of any other complaints. Ohā€¦. Other than the ambient lighting. All marketing material AND the ambient lighting adjustment screen show ambient lighting in the rear seat compartment. Well, sorry, no ambient lighting exists in the rear seat compartment. I am waiting to see if any owners come up with a hack to get ambient lighting in the rear. I wonā€™t attempt it till after my warranty expires, but I know one day I will attempt it. Just wondering if the connector for an ambient light LED exists on the wiring harness in the rear door or if Iā€™ll have to run one from the front. Not going to open my door panel right now, but maybe someone else has already taken a peek and can advise.

again, overall love the car. Would only recommend to a friend along with caveats of my experience.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Three months now for me, two round trips from TN to TX, and yeah, I still look forward to driving it. It might get annoying for others that I am always volunteering to drive us places, but I can't help it, I just love driving this car. Before this, my favorite car that I ever owned was my BMW 335i (manual), but this takes the top spot now.

Yeah, it's got quirks and bugs that I hope will soon be worked out, but nothing that takes away from the overall experience for me.

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Absolutely.
I was a Leaf owner for six years, and also owned a Mazda CX-9 as well as a BMW 335i. I was just waiting for a proper sporty family car to come about that was pure electric. This one perfectly fits the bill. I have no regrets.
Mine is an extended range, all wheel drive, premium version. Range is excellent, 270 miles. I just took it on a trip from Atlanta to Hilton head Island SC, almost 300 miles each way without problems. Fast charging was a breeze. It has plenty of room for me, my wife, our three kids and our luggage. It is convenient for driving around Atlanta. It works well for long trips. It is super sporty and fast and has a great driving feel. Apple CarPlay is seamless. Sure, PAAK has some connectivity issues from time to time but that is a minor quibble.
I really like it!
Sponsored