Don't Lose Your Key

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Do you give your phone to the tow truck driver? Many tow companies will not allow passengers in their trucks.
That's what the valet code and Uber are for. :D
Sponsored

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E, RWD, SR, Premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That's what the valet code and Uber are for. :D
Hmm, I'll have to try putting the car into emergency tow mode while in valet mode. Just is case I'm stuck with a tow truck that doesn't have dollies and isn't a flatbed.

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
Instead of paying $80, pay $65. I bought the Lightning fob on sale for $56 during black Friday.

Lightning key with frunk and trunk buttons $70 - https://yourcarkeyguys.com/products...htning-5b-hatch-frunk-smart-key-m3n-a3c054338

Mach-E key with only trunk button $65 - https://yourcarkeyguys.com/products...e-black-logo-smart-key-4b-hatch-m3n-a2c931423
I figured this was a good idea and I was going to go grab one or two of the fobs with the frunk button, and this came up on the website☹
Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't Lose Your Key 1715090397144-sf

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
That is a very recent change. Wasn't there when I posted the link.

Leigh Byrnes

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You can use any points you may have to purchase things at the dealer. I get points for every warranty service I have had, which has been quite a few.

OP
OP

Mustang Mama

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022
Country flag
You can use any points you may have to purchase things at the dealer. I get points for every warranty service I have had, which has been quite a few.
Yes! Although I paid $300 for my key fob, my points covered the $225 ridiculous charge for programming it (which took less than 1 hour).

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How is a key fob programming 1.5 hours of work??? I bought a key fob from ebay and had it programmed in minutes
Simple: The Technician probably had to review numerous you-tube videos to figure out how. And, there was all that paperwork, driving the car over to the corner of the garage, then driving it all the way back out again, with a "test drive" safety check. There also might have been a lengthy discussion amongst the technicians about who wanted to give the effort a try. Maybe one had to be called in on his day off.

@Mustang Mama what dealership do we all need to avoid using, if you don't mind sharing...

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
…and get a new phone and cancel cards and get a new driver’s license, etc. It is a pain. And expensive.
So sorrry for your loss and hassle that resulted! I am sure that the time/money to replace all those items was only part of the effects on your life. Loss of sleep and worry are impossible to make up for with reprogramming or a few $$.

rhfritz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE
Country flag
How is a key fob programming 1.5 hours of work??? I bought a key fob from ebay and had it programmed in minutes
I bought the eBay fob. I tried the 2-key method from this video.

My 2021 MME displayed a message "Factory Key Code" followed by a 5-digit number. Then I inserted my new fob and got a "Key Program Failure".

Using the Capital Ford method, after the 8th press, the doors did not cycle from lock to unlock or otherwise indicate I was in programming mode.

Has anyone done this on a 2021 with the current software?

rhfritz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE
Country flag
Mine cost $28 and I programmed it myself in about 2 minutes. Much less expensive to do this before you lose a key, rather than after.
Which instructions did you use? I bought the $28 fob, and I'm getting "Key Program Failure"