Door button on first try

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah I never have issues with the fob. PAAK reliability comes and goes. sadly it is currently in the "goes" stage. Maybe an upgrade next year to an iPhone 14 or 15 will help. Probably not.
Sponsored

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I use PaaK and it does annoy the hell out of me when it takes a bunch of presses to open. It's doubly embarrassing (if not more) when I stand outside my car trying to get the damn door to open multiple times.

Here's another annoyance I'm wondering if others have experienced... The car detects me because the door buttons all light up, but there's one particular door (front passenger side) where multiple presses still do not open the door. I then try opening the rear passenger side door and it opens on first press... and now my front door magically opens at the same time without me even standing there anymore.

It's almost likely the car knew I had pressed the front passenger door button but somehow the request got stuck in a waiting queue... and somehow opening the rear door unstuck the original request.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Most of the time it's just the car has to wake up from it's sleep mode, which seems to take longer when using PAAK
I dunno, a PAAK issue seems different. Since last Fall, after I press the door button, it illuminates so I know it registered, but it often wonā€™t open unless I press the door button a second time.

With a PAAK issue, the door button would never illuminate if the problem was that my phone was not detected.

EDIT: I typically also donā€™t rely on PAAK, but do have it set up on my phone.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I dunno, a PAAK issue seems different. Since last Fall, after I press the door button, it illuminates so I know it registered, but it often wonā€™t open unless I press the door button a second time.

With a PAAK issue, the door button would never illuminate if the problem was that my phone was not detected.

EDIT: I typically also donā€™t rely on PAAK, but do have it set up on my phone.
Itā€™s not really an issue, itā€™s just how it works. It has to authenticate with the phone, especially if it kept ignoring the phone and fell asleep because the phone is kept in close proximity of the car

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Itā€™s not really an issue, itā€™s just how it works. It has to authenticate with the phone, especially if it kept ignoring the phone and fell asleep because the phone is kept in close proximity of the car
You know, I just tried it again, and I forgot to mention, the side mirrors swing open on the first press, but the door does not open - I have to press it a second time for the door to open.

Is that normal? It doesnā€™t seem right, but has been doing this for a few months now.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
When the car sees me approaching and lights the welcome lights, it opens the door on the first press, both doors on the left side at least. I don't think it matters if the car locked or not. If the car is in deep sleep, the first press wakes it, and the second usually unlocks it and opens the door.

P.S. Forgot to mention - it's with Android phone as a key, I don't carry the fob.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You know, I just tried it again, and I forgot to mention, the side mirrors swing open on the first press, but the door does not open - I have to press it a second time for the door to open.

Is that normal? It doesnā€™t seem right, but has been doing this for a few months now.
It's a "normal" quirk for my Mach-E, too. Just happens sometimes though. Most times with the fob, it's fine. Maybe 50-70% reliable on first try with PaaK.

Reactions: ARK

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
With my experience I would amend that to: it doesnā€™t matter what you use to push it as long as u push it firmly and hold it down for half a second
Havenā€™t tried that one, I usually just impatiently press it 15x until the car decides what it wants to do lol.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
With Fob = 100% unless car is in sleep mode, then just like a laptop, one press to wake up & one to activate.

PAAK= well this is where itā€™s tricky. I have figured out that my phone is a key is actually pretty close to 100% accurate if it has been utilized recently. If my phone has been away from my car for some time like overnight it will not connect to the Bluetooth. I have to essentially close the app and reopen the app and then it connects automatically works perfectly. But as you can imagine thatā€™s kind of a pain in the backside. But I still exclusively use the phone as a key on weekends when I donā€™t need a key to the office.**and the App has to be open on the screen to work. I donā€™t believe thatā€™s the case for Elonā€™s crew

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
.**and the App has to be open on the screen to work.
Having the app open certainly helps, but doesn't have to be open provided PAAK has been fully optimized on your phone. If you see this message on the home screen, click on it and follow the step to correct the settings so it works in the background.

9635ee87-46b4-44a7-af8e-ae8f7ebb5813-jpeg.jpg

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
For me it's all about which update has recently been applied. Over the last year (all using PAAK) the pattern has been a noticeable delay before the car wakes while I stand awkwardly pressing the button and hoping it's not raining. Then an update comes that fixes it and it works perfectly, instant wake as I walk up, white ring and door opening. A few more updates happen. When I start having to occasionally reboot the radio I know that PAAK delays are going to start. Then, an update fixes it and the cycle repeats. Had a few months of PAAK working perfectly and car instantly waking as I approach. Just got 4.1.3 last week. Sure enough, I've had a few profile issues requiring a reboot of radio. Last few days, I'm back to a noticeable delay for car waking and door unlocking having to awkwardly stand and mash the button while my wife rolls her eyes.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
And people wonder why I miss good ol' door handles...
I get your point but a regular handle might do the same thing. 2-3 pulls to get the car open rather than 2-3 presses.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I get your point but a regular handle might do the same thing. 2-3 pulls to get the car open rather than 2-3 presses.
I question if you understand what I mean by a 'regular handle'. If I pull on the handle and it doesn't open, I know it's locked. I then press the unlock button (conveniently located where my thumb already is on the handle), and then it opens on the next pull. Ever. Single. Time. It has NEVER taken my more than two pulls to open my door with a handle. And on this thread you have people talking about taking way more than three presses of the button to get their door open.

Think about the fact that a thread on 'how to open your door' even exists on this forum.

I'm still baffled why people continue to defend this dumb button-to-open scheme that Ford developed. It 'works', but is NOT better than a regular door handle. New/different is not always better.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I only use PAAK first push is maybe 50-60% of the time usually 4-6 pushes to get it to open. I am a 2021 Job 1. I went for awhile the only way I could the driver door was to open the rear door first. I pulled the 12V battery cable to fix that issue and it worked. Had to do it twice since I had the car but it seems varies updates fixed that issue last year sometime.

OP
OP
Mrn

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
The fact we're talking about a very minor inconvenience at length speaks well of the Mach-e. We're mostly past the 'pull over safely now' teething pains. šŸ‘
Sponsored