Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Does anyone know if EA works with EC charge network. So, could I use my EA app in Canada or do I have to download the EC app and open a new acct.?
Sponsored

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
You have to use a new account. I had to when I crossed the border. Different set up and different app too

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Two distinct operations. Tried EC a few weeks back. Was pretty good.

But one thing I've noticed - how come we don't have separate chargers for our cars supplying super electricity compared to standard for Bolts, Kia's etc?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Where in Canada are you headed? There quite a few alternatives to EC in Canada which might be better depending on where you are going.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the help everyone. Was hoping that with the highly modern, digital, transnational world financial market, … ah, never mind. Was just really hoping that I wouldn’t have to collect more charging apps. Heading to Quebec - saw that there are other networks, that I’m assuming all work off their own app?

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I have a sailboat that I keep in Sarnia Ontario ... about 80 miles from home (so 160 mile round-trip not including any running around I would need to do on a weekend stay). Pre-pandemic (before the border closed) I would normally cross the border to go sailing several times per month (during the summer).

There is no Electrify America in Port Huron Michigan (USA side of the border) but there IS an Electrify Canada station in Sarnia Ontario. So I'm one of those people who probably will use both EA and EC.

I wrote to EA to ask if joining as a Pass+ member would get me Pass+ member rates in both EA and EC. Their answer was words to the effect of "it's different app, so..." You can't use the EA app to charge at an EC station and vice versa. Pass+ membership in EA is for EA only and doesn't work on EC.

It'd be awesome if they'd couple the Pass+ programs together so you'd just be Pass+ for North America.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’ve been in Canada now for about a week and a half. I’ve been using the EC chargers almost exclusively. As a bonus, for some reason, the last two charges were free! They work well and are almost identical to the EA units except for they actually have a roof! The Canadian Tire locations are lacking in bathroom facilities for a highway-side fast charger. There’s usually only one unisex bathroom for one person, at the most, two.

Seems like one company could figure out how to merge a two country cross-border operation into one seemless experience.

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I’ve been in Canada now for about a week and a half. I’ve been using the EC chargers almost exclusively. As a bonus, for some reason, the last two charges were free! They work well and are almost identical to the EA units except for they actually have a roof! The Canadian Tire locations are lacking in bathroom facilities for a highway-side fast charger. There’s usually only one unisex bathroom for one person, at the most, two.

Seems like one company could figure out how to merge a two country cross-border operation into one seemless experience.
Try the Petro Canada L3 chargers located along the transcanada highway. They are just as fast as EC but half the price. They also have A&W along with restrooms on location.

OP
OP
Tampamike

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Try the Petro Canada L3 chargers located along the transcanada highway. They are just as fast as EC but half the price. They also have A&W along with restrooms on location.
Thanks for the tip. We’re heading back to the states tomorrow but I’ll remember that for next time.
Sponsored