Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
the ev6 version I have is a touch quicker than MYLR or a MME PR ER but your points remain / help. Thanks!
From my EV6 AWD test drive it did not feel quicker. It felt the same as the MME AWD ER though because neither pushed me back into the seat briefly like the MYLR. They are all very close but nothing like the GTPE.

The MYP / GTPE / EV6 GT / GV60 Performance are in a class of their own.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
3.27 0-60
One reviewer got 11.9@119mph. Guessing that will be lower.

Don't try and race one in your MME GT lol.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
3.27 0-60
One reviewer got 11.9@119mph. Guessing that will be lower.

Don't try and race one in your MME GT lol.
I was sold on a GT after Bjorn's video:

However after living with a MME GTPE and the poor range (230-240 miles real world) I don't think I'm interested in a EV6 GT (only Wind AWD with 19" wheels) and certainly not GV60 Performance nor a MYP.

I'm "Always Be Charging" (L2 at home and work) with the GTPE due to the power hungry powerplant. This wasn't the case with the Premium AWD ER nor Model Y - both had real world ranges around 280 miles with 70% highway speeds. I'd charge every other day if that. I already have a daily EV in a MINI electric and don't need another short range EV so I may downgrade back to a Premium AWD ER in two months.

On a weekend day trip, I ended up using my Telluride and that's a death knell for the GTPE.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It’s too bad this thing is bland to the point it kind of disappears in traffic. I saw a black one on the road and it was so blah. You need that matte paint to make any sort of impression.

There’s a lot of haters of the MME GT on this forum but when it comes to looks, it’s objectively (yes I said it) a whole lot better looking than the interesting yet economy hatch-looking Ioniq 5, EV6, GV60 (Genesis’ first bad looking car), i4 M50 (the grilleeeee), Model Y, Polestar 2, and ID4 (lol).

If there was an option just as fast as the Mach E that looked as good or better, I’d seriously consider it. But unfortunately the Taycan is about $30,000 more than the GTPE.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if Kia made a Stinger EV with the power and charging tech of the EV6 GT I’d be all over that. Instead they made a Prius-looking wedge.

Being fast isn’t enough, it needs to look good, too. Otherwise you end up with failures like that damn 2006 GTO or…another car I don’t want to mention.

mmejersey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA-R1 AWD GB, 2022 Kia EV6 GTL AWD YB
Country flag
I've had my EV6 (AWD GTLine) for about 3500 miles now and my lifetime efficiency number is 3.5 mi /kwhr. I've goosed a few stoplights in sport mode, and about 25-25% of the driving is on the interstate. When in town a fair bit of the time I am in eco mode and my drive to work is frequently above 4 mi / kwhr.

It seems like the MME I am waiting for (AWD Prem ER) is going to be lucky to stay above 3?
I have both, an EV6 GT Line AWD and an MME CAR1 AWD. EV6 has 8000 miles on it and lifetime average is 3.6 mi/kwh and in city driving I consistently average between 3.9 and 4.1 mostly in eco mode with Auto Regen. Today morning, when I took off the charger it was showing a 320 miles range

MME is also giving me a really good efficiency. Not sure from why people keep saying it is difficult to get above 3 mi/kwh in MME. I have been averaging between 3.5 and 4.1 almost all of my drives. Very rarely have seen below 3 and that was almost always when I drive without pre-conditioning or it was too hot outside. Usually right off the charger I see a range between 320 and 330 on the GOM

Both my cars have been really good at giving me close to the GOM range. A couple of weeks back took EV6 on a long trip (South Jersey to Niagara Falls). Twice I was able to drive ~230 miles at a stretch without charging mostly at 65 - 70 mph. Both the times when I reached the charger, GOM was still showing another 50 more miles making it almost in-line with EPA ratings

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have both, an EV6 GT Line AWD and an MME CAR1 AWD. EV6 has 8000 miles on it and lifetime average is 3.6 mi/kwh and in city driving I consistently average between 3.9 and 4.1 mostly in eco mode with Auto Regen. Today morning, when I took off the charger it was showing a 320 miles range

MME is also giving me a really good efficiency. Not sure from why people keep saying it is difficult to get above 3 mi/kwh in MME. I have been averaging between 3.5 and 4.1 almost all of my drives. Very rarely have seen below 3 and that was almost always when I drive without pre-conditioning or it was too hot outside. Usually right off the charger I see a range between 320 and 330 on the GOM

Both my cars have been really good at giving me close to the GOM range. A couple of weeks back took EV6 on a long trip (South Jersey to Niagara Falls). Twice I was able to drive ~230 miles at a stretch without charging mostly at 65 - 70 mph. Both the times when I reached the charger, GOM was still showing another 50 more miles making it almost in-line with EPA ratings
It's all about speed. You seem like you drive in the city at lower speeds which EVs are very efficient at. I tend to rip on the interstate + tolls over 70mph.

Look at the efficiency difference between 56mph (3.13 mi/kWh) and 75mph (2.29 mi/kWh) for the GTPE

https://insideevs.com/news/601894/ford-mustang-mache-gt-range-bjorn/

2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT (ER AWD)
Results at 90 km/h (56 mph)

• range of 432 km (268 miles)
  • energy consumption of 198 Wh/km (319 Wh/mile)
  • used battery capacity: 85.6 kWh (estimated)
  • temperature of 16°C
  • 20" Pirelli P Zero (245/45-20)
Results at 120 km/h (75 mph); up 33% compared to 90 km/h:

• range of 316 km (196 miles); down 27%
  • energy consumption of 271 Wh/km (436 Wh/mile); up 37%
  • used battery capacity: 85.6 kWh (estimated)
  • temperature of 14°C
  • 20" Pirelli P Zero (245/45-20)

I personally never have hit as low as 2.3 mi/kWh but I HAVE had some drives in the 2.5-2.6mi/kWh range and that's with me speeding for sections (80-85mph).

For reference here are the EV6 numbers (in winter though).

Kia EV6 GT-Line (AWD, 77.4 kWh)
Results at 90 km/h (56 mph)

• range of 402 km (250 miles)
  • energy consumption of 180 Wh/km (290 Wh/mile)
  • used battery capacity: 72.4 kWh (estimated)
  • temperature of 1°C
  • 19" Nokian R3 (235/55-19)
Results at 120 km/h (75 mph); up 33% compared to 90 km/h:

• range of 274 km (170 miles); down 32%
  • energy consumption of 274 Wh/km (441 Wh/mile); up 52%
  • used battery capacity: 72.4 kWh (estimated)
  • temperature of 1°C
  • 19" Nokian R3 (235/55-19)

https://insideevs.com/news/572096/kia-ev6-rwd-range-test/

Here's the MME ER RWD data but in winter:

https://insideevs.com/news/489604/ford-mustang-mache-winter-range-bjorn-nyland/

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if Kia made a Stinger EV with the power and charging tech of the EV6 GT I’d be all over that. Instead they made a Prius-looking wedge.
I suspect Kia was concerned a sedan EV would not sell. The Stinger only sells 15K a year in the US.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/kia-stinger-sales-figures-usa-canada/

Model Y sales have leapfrogged the Model 3 and it's priced $10K-15K higher and frankly is a poopier car than the more refined 3.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s too bad this thing is bland to the point it kind of disappears in traffic. I saw a black one on the road and it was so blah.
And I would hate to try and get in and out of that back seat. The roof just looks so low-sloped. That bugs me every time I see it. Looks like a giant anvil fell on it and squashed the whole roof down, and pushed even harder on the back end to boot.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
It looks like a nice car but personally I find it kind of ugly. I think it looks best in that matte silver color. As for range on my MME GT around town I usually average ~4 mi/kwh but on the highway usually 2.8-3 mi/kwh and I try to stay <=75mph.
Sponsored