EZ-Pass transponder interference?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah its hard to see, but around where that blue arrow is pointing you can faintly see a line all the way across where its a little darker at the bottom.

And yes, The top is where I have the new sticker, And below the black is where I put it originally and haven't fully cleaned it off. This was where I had put it on all my other vehicles so It was my go-to spot.
Ok that's super helpful thanks.
Sponsored

Pbaran

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Escape, 2006 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E EZ-Pass transponder interference? signal-2021-02-25-093224

The above 2 transponders work. At first I had them reversed and the adhesive front gate transponder would not work on the bottom position.

RoadRower

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium 2021
Country flag
Anyone in the SF Bay Area try their Fastrak to see if it works with the windshield? I'm happy to test but if someone else has done it before me, that's great too!
I tossed it on the dash in middle 'dent' area and that sure didn't work!

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
I put my E-ZPass on the grated area of the windshield next to the mirror. The slow lanes register it but I don't think high speed does. I was charged full rate on my tolls. I don't have plates on yet as it's still new and being transferred. NY EZ does not look to offer exterior tags. What about sticking it to the front corner of the sunroof?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is my solution to the carwash tag that won't work through the windshield. Their sensors are pointed in a way they can only read if the tag is in the very bottom corner of the windshield. So even in the black dotted area it wouldn't read it.

As I pull up, roll the window down stick this out and it works. Keep it up in the sun visor in the card holder. I wouldn't want to use this for toll tags though. This is only really a solution for like a gate reader or something you don't use often.

I just happened to have a piece of plastic from something I bought on amazon on the counter, cut it down and stuck it on. Made it big enough I could add others if I ever need to.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EZ-Pass transponder interference? 20210414_101035

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I put my E-ZPass on the grated area of the windshield next to the mirror. The slow lanes register it but I don't think high speed does. I was charged full rate on my tolls. I don't have plates on yet as it's still new and being transferred. NY EZ does not look to offer exterior tags. What about sticking it to the front corner of the sunroof?
How did you mount it in that area? The other users tag seemed to be mounted a little high. If you only have the one, I'd make sure its in the very center of that area.

I've had my tag in this area for a while now and it hasn't missed a single toll yet, even at 85mph.

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
How did you mount it in that area? The other users tag seemed to be mounted a little high. If you only have the one, I'd make sure its in the very center of that area.

I've had my tag in this area for a while now and it hasn't missed a single toll yet, even at 85mph.
Do you have high speed toll lanes?

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EMT
Country flag

On the slow lanes where you go down to 5mph they see it, just thinking the ones high up that you do 50-70 mph through....

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I mounted mine in the black mesh next to the rear view mirror with command strips. Here’s the problem: that gets hot in the sun, and the adhesive fails. I’m going to need to find a new way to mount mine.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I mounted mine in the black mesh next to the rear view mirror with command strips. Here’s the problem: that gets hot in the sun, and the adhesive fails. I’m going to need to find a new way to mount mine.
get a suction cup pouch or holder of the right size. works well for my transponder and the gf's transponder.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
This is the adhesive you need. Also at Lowe’s or Home Depot I think. It’s what our DOT provides with the pass. Works great. EZ Pass/I-Pass/SunPass Adhesive Strips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BH5848/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_MGSH1X73MDER4AQXQXBQ
Sponsored