Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Premium, ER, RWD
Country flag
I'm looking to see what the main differences are between the FE and premium editions of the Mustang. I have an FE ordered and reserved on day 1, but debating on switching over to Premium due to the price reductions!
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm looking to see what the main differences are between the FE and premium editions of the Mustang. I have an FE ordered and reserved on day 1, but debating on switching over to Premium due to the price reductions!
Body color painted wheel arches and side mirrors, red brake calipers, First Edition on the door scuff plates, red/blue stitching on the red/blue cars, and metallic pedal covers. You also can't get Grabber Blue on the Premium. In other words, not much.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Body color painted wheel arches and side mirrors, red brake calipers, First Edition on the door scuff plates, and red/blue stitching on the red/blue cars. In other words, not much.
And bragging rights that you have a first edition.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Body color painted wheel arches and side mirrors, red brake calipers, First Edition on the door scuff plates, and red/blue stitching on the red/blue cars, metallic pedal covers. In other words, not much.
and earlier delivery.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Earlier delivery to get the 7500 tax credit on my 2020 taxes instead of waiting until 2022 to see that. (And Grabber Blue!) And avoid getting new tires and a 100k service on my trade-in that I’d need to do probably before spring when I’d maybe get a Premium.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Earlier delivery to get the 7500 tax credit on my 2020 taxes instead of waiting until 2022 to see that. (And Grabber Blue!) And avoid getting new tires and a 100k service on my trade-in that I’d need to do probably before spring when I’d maybe get a Premium.
The tax credit is what's compelling me to keep the FE over a Tesla Model 3 Long Range since they're essentially the same price after it's all said and done since I get $2500 back as well for a Texas state credit

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Body color painted wheel arches and side mirrors, red brake calipers, First Edition on the door scuff plates, red/blue stitching on the red/blue cars, and metallic pedal covers. You also can't get Grabber Blue on the Premium. In other words, not much.
I will say the painted wheel arches are very subjective. Particularly with Rapid Red, I think the black wheel arches on the Premiums look better.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That specific blue is one of my personal favorite colors in general, so it's tempting to keep just for the color alone!

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wheel arches? What do you mean?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Wheel arches? What do you mean?
Look at the profile of the First Edition vs Premium. On the First Edition, the arch/lip around the wheels are painted red like the rest of the car. On the Premium, they are glossy black.

FirstRed.png

RedP3.png

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Look at the profile of the First Edition vs Premium. On the First Edition, the arch/lip around the wheels are painted red like the rest of the car. On the Premium, they are glossy black.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FE vs. Premium RedP3

Ford Mustang Mach-E FE vs. Premium RedP3
I prefer the premium style, especially on the red (which is why that is what I am ordering).

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
That is a great side by side comparison picture.

I had not noticed that the black arch/lip can make the wheel well opening look huge at least under some light conditions.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That is a great side by side comparison picture.

I had not noticed that the black arch/lip can make the wheel well opening look huge at least under some light conditions.
yes, in that comparison the red arches look proportioned correctly and the black incorrectly

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For those with FE, I would hold off till 'last minute' to change back to Premium. You never know, Ford might be throwing more on to that trim to make it more special. You might be kicking yourself if you switch teams and they end up sweeting up the FE deal. Never know, but we all probably have a week or 2 to mull it over.
Sponsored