horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
After following the instructions for the first Mach Drop last week (to which I heard nothing further from my dealer), I also went to "order" a Mach-E today via Uncrate. A few hours after filling out the online form, Julie from Ford customer support called me.

The first question she asked me was whether this would be a new order or a change to an existing order. I explained that my goal was to convert from my PE order to a grabber blue FE order. She said that approximately 80% of calls were from people that wanted to switch orders and that Ford had not expected this. She unequivocally said that I would be able to switch and that she would call my dealer to explain how the process works.

My dealer called me a few minutes later to confirm what I wanted to do. He said he had plans to call Julie back later this afternoon to finalize the switch.

On a related note, I mentioned to Julie that there was quite a bit of controversy around the Mach Drop marketing program, particularly on the Mach-E boards. She was not familiar with the Mach-E forums but was quite interested. I shared with her the link to this forum and another site that I follow and suggested that someone from Ford should be posting on these board to provide more accurate information. She was going to pass on the information to "the powers that be" at Ford.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
She said that approximately 80% of calls were from people that wanted to switch orders and that Ford had not expected this.
This!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It looks like we are finally approaching the last, last chance for FE orders: 9/15/20.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders final FE cutoff

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
She said that approximately 80% of calls were from people that wanted to switch orders and that Ford had not expected this.
Which on one hand is what I've suspected, but on the other hand still astounds me how shortsighted they were about it all. Of course tons of existing customers already in line are gonna be interested in getting an FE in December rather than a Premium in March or April or May. It's a big part of why people made reservations.

And this is surly only the tip of the iceberg. I betcha over 80% of existing res/order holders still aren't even aware that there's extra FEs being offered now. Most aren't on these boards, and most aren't likely following #Machdrop on Twtter or IG. And most surely haven't heard a peep from their dealer about it. The only way most would find out is an email from Ford, and none has been forthcoming.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You saw my photo right? Been there, done that.
A4B06303-8FED-41B5-A1DA-3B82BA423045.jpeg
Wait! Ford is selling E-Pony license plates too? :)

In all honesty, I wish personalized plates were easily transferable in Hawaii (They are transferable but not easily). If they were, my 2006 red Toyota Tacoma would have "Mach-E" or "E-Pony" plates right now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Which on one hand is what I've suspected, but on the other hand still astounds me how shortsighted they were about it all. Of course tons of existing customers already in line are gonna be interested in getting an FE in December rather than a Premium in March or April or May. It's a big part of why people made reservations.

And this is surly only the tip of the iceberg. I betcha over 80% of existing res/order holders still aren't even aware that there's extra FEs being offered now. Most aren't on these boards, and most aren't likely following #Machdrop on Twtter or IG. And most surely haven't heard a peep from their dealer about it. The only way most would find out is an email from Ford, and none has been forthcoming.
Yes but most of us have signed up for email alerts and Ford still isn't emailing us the same releases they put out on Ford Media. Until they master this simple e-mail merge task, contacting reservation holders is most certainly beyond their abilities.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Wait! Ford is selling E-Pony license plates too? :)

In all honesty, I wish personalized plates were easily transferable in Hawaii (They are transferable but not easily). If they were, my 2006 red Toyota Tacoma would have "Mach-E" or "E-Pony" plates right now.
Those Ohio Plates cost me $50 more for the personalization, and the Ohio Horses another $30 (goes to a good cause) and I will have to transfer them when I get the ME (which will cost me another $200 extra as it is a BEV). It adds up!

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I'm not sure why people seem to believe that all first editions will be delivered by December. They have not promised me that, and I have set my expectations accordingly.

They are just beginning to ramp up production. They can only make so many cars in the 4th quarter, whether they are FE's, PE's, or CE's. I'm guessing that they will just shift some production of PE's to FE's, but it will still be the same timeline.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had no problem getting one a day or so ago by calling the number. Maybe less complaining and more dialing the 844 number would have been better.
That's assuming you KNEW ABOUT IT - and THAT is the crux of the griping. Rather than take advantage of a ready-made list of people who CLEARLY are enthused about the car, they came up with a completely different new scheme for ordering AND how they publicized it. This after MANY people here have been saying that they've been calling Ford directly or their dealers asking for a chance to upgrade their premiums (or whatever style they reserved/ordered) to FE's. I can see how those people feel slighted - Ford got their money and contact information 9 months ago and yet their non-FE will be delivered AFTER someone who won the FE lottery 3 days ago.

Again, the crux of the situation is HOW they ignored a ready made pipeline for reaching customers. I don't think they did it on purpose, but intent doesn't matter. I am not on twitter, or any other social media - it turned to poison 5 years ago and I'm better without it. That fact doesn't affect me personally because I don't want an FE, but my perspective cannot be unique and I can see where others not on social media can feel ignored.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Those Ohio Plates cost me $50 more for the personalization, and the Ohio Horses another $30 (goes to a good cause) and I will have to transfer them when I get the ME (which will cost me another $200 extra as it is a BEV). It adds up!
Hawaii's personalized plates are an extra $50 as well. The various other plates going to various causes (our Volcanoes National Park plates, for example) can't be personalized "because reasons."

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It looks like we are finally approaching the last, last chance for FE orders: 9/15/20.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders final FE cutoff
I was told today by Julie (Mach Drop fame) that the Mach Drop program had a hard stop EOB Aug. 31st. FE orders finalized. Looks like they will allow 15 days to clean up in process activity.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Take this for what it is worth, pure speculation based on my own personal observations which I share without making promises to random strangers in the internet.

It is my understanding (which continues to shift) that:

1) these extra FE vehicles were vehicles already in plans for building for use as part of a marketing allocation. I'm not sure what the initial plan was, but generally think they would be used for showing off, building interest, maybe raffled/auctioned/whatever.

2) based on the current situation globally, many of these planned marketing activities have changed. Marketing still had allocation of these vehicles and decided to try their hand at viral social media marketing (with debatable results)

3) these will be built as FE, which will be built first. They are also relatively limited (not making more. When they are out, they are out) no second run, no one in the parking lot spray painting calipers.

4) based on current schedules starting in late October, with oktb in late November, all XXXX FE for NA should be completed, shipped and ready for customers in December (maybe not AK/HI)

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
I played Ford's game, my dealer set up my order for the FE with the first MachDrop via Idris Elba. He said he wasn't sure if I would get the FE upgrade for sure... so I filled out the UNCREAT form, got the email I was selected and received a call from MachDrop. While talking to them I let her know that my dealer submitted an order over the email, and she said I was selected for both Idris Elba and UNCREAT. (I never win anything... so I guess this made up for that)

I got all the info on this forum, so anyone paying attention had a legit chance to get the FE upgrade.
Sponsored