kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
so.... on my FP app 'vehicle' screen I have a 'Update successful' header that doesn't go away after I tap thru to see the typical useless non-detailed description of OTA screen. When I go to Account->Settings , it still shows 3.21.0

my question is: was there another update? or does the 'OTA successful' message just fail to clear after you view the (useless) update screen?
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you're aware the OTA update is for the Mach-E's Sync 4A, not the FP app?
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you're aware the OTA update is for the Mach-E's Sync 4A, not the FP app?
not trying to be a dumb-ass, but the release notes don't say what was updated. ;) AND don't go away, so what makes you sure it was a sync4 update rather than a FP update? I don't see either version changed, or mentioned in the OTA 'what changed' note.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
not trying to be a dumb-ass, but the release notes don't say what was updated. ;) AND don't go away, so what makes you sure it was a sync4 update rather than a FP update? I don't see either version changed, or mentioned in the OTA 'what changed' note.
I received the first OTA update for Sync 4A yesterday, and it showed up in the FP app saying "Update successful." I've been using 3.21.0 for a week, so nothing on the app changed. I checked the EGU Diagnostics screen on the car and verified the changes to the firmware there.

I'm certainly in agreement that the release notes have zero specifics. The "What's new" description for 3.21.0 in Google Play aren't much better.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I received the first OTA update for Sync 4A yesterday, and it showed up in the FP app saying "Update successful." I've been using 3.21.0 for a week, so nothing on the app changed. I checked the EGU Diagnostics screen on the car and verified the changes to the firmware there.

I'm certainly in agreement that the release notes have zero specifics. The "What's new" description for 3.21.0 in Google Play aren't much better.
my point is that I've noticed the version 3.21.0 of fordpass on my phone for a while... and the 'splash announcement' in the title area of the 'vehicle' screen still says 'update successful'..... not taken down after I have viewed the non-specific OTA screen which doesn't tell me if FordPass, or Sync4, or some module in the MME was what was updated.

It is a growing frustration that we have no idea what was updated, what's being worked on, and no way to check 'version numbers' on our own against available updates (by VIN) to know if we have actually been updated since the message seems to be stuck from the last OTA.

so.... if 3.21.0 is the latest FordPass, what's the latest sync4?
and are there any in car module sw versions that we can see?
you mention EGU Diagnostics screen.... where can average Owners see that?

Last edited:

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my point is that I've noticed the version 3.21.0 of fordpass on my phone for a while... and the 'splash announcement' in the title area of the 'vehicle' screen still says 'update successful'..... not taken down after I have viewed the non-specific OTA screen which doesn't tell me if FordPass, or Sync4, or some module in the MME was what was updated.
I probably shouldn't have said Sync 4 since it can be (and in this case I believe was) another module. And agreed, FP seems to randomly leave notifications visible without the ability to clear them.

It is a growing frustration that we have no idea what was updated, what's being worked on, and no way to check 'version numbers' on our own against available updates (by VIN) to know if we have actually been updated since the message seems to be stuck from the last OTA.

so.... if 3.21.0 is the latest FordPass, what's the latest sync4?
and are there any in car module sw versions that we can see?
you mention EGU Diagnostics screen.... where can average Owners see that?
I followed these instructions to view the EGU diagnostic screen to see what's been updated. Granted it's not a user friendly approach, but it's better than nothing. Someone also pointed out that not every car may get the same set of updates since there are variants (select vs premium, RWD vs AWD, etc)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I probably shouldn't have said Sync 4 since it can be (and in this case I believe was) another module. And agreed, FP seems to randomly leave notifications visible without the ability to clear them.

I followed these instructions to view the EGU diagnostic screen to see what's been updated. Granted it's not a user friendly approach, but it's better than nothing. Someone also pointed out that not every car may get the same set of updates since there are variants (select vs premium, RWD vs AWD, etc)
1. Turn on radio
2. Press and hold "volume down" and "prev" on steering wheel
3. Choose "ECG Diagnostics" (last one in the list of squares on the left)

aha, I accessed the 'bezel diagnostics', and it does indeed look like there are a bunch of different modules it can report on, some with sw version number, some without. In a perfect world I'd love to see the OASIS reports by VIN referencing specific modules included in updates, and maybe some hint on what bugs were fixed.

In a more general case, it would be nice to know from OTA or DealerService updates what was fixed, and what are still 'known' issues.... as well as have a straightforward way to log problems with Ford rather than filter thru Dealerships that may or may not have trained Service teams or any interest diagnosing some of these mystery problems.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I left a one-star review for FordPass about a week ago. Today, I received an email from the developer:

“Thank you for your detailed feedback. We'd like to have a conversation with you to learn more about your experience. If you're interested in sharing more, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line "US Feedback"."

I responded to that email with a link to my most recent detailed post, and some other thoughts. I assume they won’t mind me sharing this email address with others who would like to submit feedback.

And I’ll reiterate my request to the board admin to make sticky threads for FordPass and Sync issues. It would make bug tracking so much easier for us and Ford.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Because FP updates are pushed out through Apple App & Google’s App store(s) and Sync Updates come from Ford to the car
Sponsored