fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
App and car updated yesterday. Thought may, just maybe PaaK would work for the first time ever. But nope, same error. 4 months later.

There is a disclaimer when setting it up now, something like "PaaK will work but is a work in progress and may have problems". I dont remember the exact wordage, but thats the gist of it. They should replace "will" with "may".
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Park of the issue may be what Ford's definition of "brief" is.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.23.0 Released Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.58.27 PM

Their definition of "is" would be a whole different discussion.

mcarney52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I gave up and bought a remote and had it programmed for less than $150. Wife said she needed one but has only driven the car once!

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Anybody know if there are any downsides to deleting and reinstalling FordPass? Is that gonna screw up PAAK or anything else?

I’m considering doing this because my FordPass doesn’t even tell me when the car is plugged in or charging. It used to, but that disappeared over a month ago. And apparently it still “works” for some iOS users.

I keep hoping it will return with every new release, but not so far.
I have successfully deleted it and reinstalled and it fixed my issue - sort of... I have a new Galaxy S20+ phone which apparently isn't "included" yet -so PAAK is spotty for me... works occasionally - I hope that they catch up with the PAAK feature soon. For now I carry the keys...

Ironic thing is that I bought a new phone because I knew the car was coming with all of these features and I wanted to be sure my phone was up to the task...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Shockingly it actually lists things and not just "bug fixes and improvements". Nothing that leaps out as something to celebrate for me though.
I looked in my 'Account>settings' and see 3.23.0 , but I don't see any release notes, release date, or anything in msg center with any details at all.... Where do you see any details on what was fixed/added in 3.23.0?

I can say that my phone has completely failed to connect with PAAK for a week or so and I've been either using backup startcode, or FordPass 'Start' button. I have gotten nothing but 'no key detected' on the dash, even though my regular phone functions connect just fine.

I used to be able to re-connect if I turned bluetooth off and back on, but that doesn't seem to do the trick any more.

Does anyone know if there is a sub-section of FordPass that controls PAAK? i.e. is there a separate update just for PAAK, or will it be in the next release/update of FordPass?

Last edited:

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I updated the app and have a bunch of "terms and privacy policy" to read when it opened - 23 of them according to the table of contents.

Of course as I was scrolling to review the app crashed and won't re-open!

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
For the past few days I was trying to set up PaaK but every time I started it would say there was a network error, try again later. Tried everything including clearing storage and deleting/reinstalling the app.

This afternoon I reinstalled 3.22.0 and, surprise, everything worked.
Sponsored