RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
There is no truly reputable source but I did using apkpure. Just another word of warning, I had to completely reset my PaaK user and re-do the whole thing including door and start code. It was a PITA.

Here's the instructions from Ford on how to do that:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ey-working-again-after-reinstalling-fordpass/

One last thing to note, if you have AA (Android Auto) then you'll need to go into the phone settings and turn it off otherwise the BT connection might prevent you from pairing the PaaK. It did for me.

- Completely unrelated -
@EGmachE Hi Neighbor!
I just updated (before seeing the problems it was causing for Android users). No problems so far. MME recognized PAAK actually faster than ever before. Not sure why there's a difference.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I just updated (before seeing the problems it was causing for Android users). No problems so far. MME recognized PAAK actually faster than ever before. Not sure why there's a difference.
What Android version are you running and what phone? I'm on Pixel 5XL (for 3 more days until the 6 Pro) and Android 12.

The recent reviews on the Play Store are are 75/25 bad/good mix about the update and PaaK so it does appear that some people are lucky... I was not.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
What Android version are you running and what phone? I'm on Pixel 5XL (for 3 more days until the 6 Pro) and Android 12.

The recent reviews on the Play Store are are 75/25 bad/good mix about the update and PaaK so it does appear that some people are lucky... I was not.
Android 11. S21 Ultra phone. I see that I can update my software. I'm going to update to 12 and see what happens.

Update: Actually it's a security update that's available. Android 12 not available for my phone yet. Looks like it might just be on Google Pixel devices.

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Haptic feedback is already on my Samsung Watch. I feel it with walk-away lock starting a couple of upgrades ago.
That's just the notification alert from FordPass. The Apple folk have an app specifically designed for their crap ... err watches. (gonna get hate but oh well ?)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Developer says they know of issues and will release a new update tomorrow. Guess I should not have uninstalled.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Developer says they know of issues and will release a new update tomorrow. Guess I should not have uninstalled.
May I ask where you saw that? Or did they directly email you?

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
So @Ford Motor Company, the Fordpass app which is supposed to be my key for my car no longer works after an update. You say I don't need two key fobs. What if my wife was using my car, someone is following her in a parking lot and her phone no longer works as a key. She doesn't have the fob. Now she has to fumble with a code to type in when someone could cause her harm. When if she had a fob, she could unlock, get in, lock doors, and drive away. Where is the safety for your customers to get into their own car? I pray this never happens but GIVE US TWO FOBS for your unreliable system!!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Hola. Seems there are quite a few folks from the sacramento region here
[/QUOTE]

Yep, reporting from Elk Grove here. Just survived my first trip to Reno and back this weekend in the storm. Really didn't want to cancel that Peppermill reservation. ?

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Galaxy S9 user here. Updated to 3.33.0.

Haven't tried PaaK yet, but the app itself seems to be SUPER slow. It is taking a long time to get to the charging details or switching between tabs.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Galaxy S9 user here. Updated to 3.33.0.

Haven't tried PaaK yet, but the app itself seems to be SUPER slow. It is taking a long time to get to the charging details or switching between tabs.
Same with s10+

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This reply is going to many reviewers on Play Store today. Here's an example, though this one with some fun editing (from @Ford Team, not from me).

Keith Werhnyak rates 2 stars and writes:

Every time FordPass updates, the gods toss a coin in the air and all Ford owners hold their breath to see how it will land.​
Ford Motor Co. responds:

Our sincere apologies! We are aware of the hung up issue in 3.33 (new update on Oct 25th), and we will fix it by tomorrow. We tried our best to make it not a coin toss, but we fumbled at the very last step.​
Sponsored