RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Took advantage of the EA free charge to test fast charging on my MME last night. February build, purchased in April. Never used a fast charger, so wanted to use ahead of really needing it. Ten charging bays, well lit area in front of Walmart. A couple chargers were down, but remaining were online. All were empty since it was very late Christmas night. Charged to 80% then disconnected when charging went down to 11kwh. Did not disable plug & charge - no charge to my account. Great experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
North Orange County, Cal.
Brea Mall, free charging yesterday.

NorCalMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
The EA station in downtown Chico, CA offered free charging today and yesterday.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Walmart in St. Charles, Mo is not free of charge.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
EA at the Stanford Mall, Palo Alto is free.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
The EA station in downtown Chico, CA offered free charging today and yesterday.
I'll be there next Sunday so hopefully it will still be free as I'd like to try it. If you live or visit Chico the Nissan dealer (L3) is always free. I live in Roseville but often in Chico for a foster kid I volunteer for. In the summer I can make it round trip, the winter not so in my SR.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Free charging yesterday at the Sam's Club location in Annapolis, MD. It was my first time using EA and Ford's Plug and Charge, and it all worked flawlessly.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Confirmed charging is free at the EA station at the Walmart in Daytona.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Charging is free until 1/3. There is free charging on EVERY national holiday. Usually the day before and the day after as well. If it is on a weekend then free charging starts at midnight EST on Thursday and end midnight on Monday. I have been using it every holiday.
Once the ford bundle is gone you need to disable plug and charge. I joined the membership at $4 per month. If you do not disable plug and charge then you get charged the higher amount of $0.43. By disabling it I get $0.31. Well worth $4 per month whether I use it or not but I do weekly. Driving from Bako to LA. 200 miles round trip but with mountains. Rather spend $5 and have excess charge.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Charging is free until 1/3. There is free charging on EVERY national holiday. Usually the day before and the day after as well. If it is on a weekend then free charging starts at midnight EST on Thursday and end midnight on Monday. I have been using it every holiday.
Once the ford bundle is gone you need to disable plug and charge. I joined the membership at $4 per month. If you do not disable plug and charge then you get charged the higher amount of $0.43. By disabling it I get $0.31. Well worth $4 per month whether I use it or not but I do weekly. Driving from Bako to LA. 200 miles round trip but with mountains. Rather spend $5 and have excess charge.
You don’t have to disable P&C. You can still use your Pass+ membership rate by activating the charge in the EA app before plugging in. It will tell you to plug in first but, actually, you can activate then plug in. You will then get the lower rate.

You can also activate and deactivate the Pass+ membership whenever you want. I don’t have any regular need for DCFC, so I don’t pay $4 every month. I turn it on for the major road trips. For an occasional short trip that I might need one or two charges, I just use the convenient P&C that’s always on.

yoozer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 CA Route1
Country flag
Their Tweets may have said no, but so far 2 days in a row - free charging at EA in So Cal, 2 different charging locations
20211223_065149.jpg
yeah i got free 4% to 80% charge on my drive home yesterday ?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Charged 3 times yesterday, ALL FREE.

Staunton VA
Wytheville VA
Kodak TN

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It seems this time it’s not all EA locations. Several (including me) have encountered EA stations not free of charge.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It seems this time it’s not all EA locations. Several (including me) have encountered EA stations not free of charge.
Yeah nothing that dude says is a given.