Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what?

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Has anyone got a link to documentation for Ford Streaming? I got the update today and there is a brief description but not entirely clear on the details. Im not planning to use it if I have to pay for another subscription but it also mentions something about being able to stream using wifi. I would prefer to just stream to the cars screen from streaming services I have on my phone but its not clear if thats an option
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You do not have to pay for additional data streaming if your car is connected to a WiFi network or a hotspot. There are two ā€œpartsā€ to the streaming update. One is the ability to connect to a video streaming service (YouTube). The other is an update to the cellular network connection. You do not have to subscribe to the cellular network. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You should have new apps on your sync screen -- Youtube, and I forget the other one.
If your phone has a hotspot capability, then you can have the car join the wifi network that your phone can provide.

If you don't have a hotspot phone, then there is a Ford streaming subscription that will power those streaming apps via the in-car cellular connection.

Unfortunately, you can't just use apps from your phone to attach to the in-car display.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should have new apps on your sync screen -- Youtube, and I forget the other one.
If your phone has a hotspot capability, then you can have the car join the wifi network that your phone can provide.

If you don't have a hotspot phone, then there is a Ford streaming subscription that will power those streaming apps via the in-car cellular connection.

Unfortunately, you can't just use apps from your phone to attach to the in-car display.
Thats what I thought. Using the term wifi although technically correct was a little misleading. In common use that term is used to refer to a router with hard wired internet access although obviously connecting to your cell phone as a hot spot is wifi as well. Ill have to play around and see what options there are for streaming. They really donā€™t provide a lot of documentation

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
If you have a YouTube tv subscription, there is a way to switch the YouTube app into more options and then sign into YouTube tv, which someone mentioned on another thread.
It works amazingly well and then you can watch any show from your library or any live tv channel.

iPhone hotspot with AT&T service was able to hold a decent picture for maybe an hour that I watched, with only a couple of 1-2 sec blips during that time.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

i use my iphone as a hot spot frequently. Usually the device you want to connect has a networks settings menu. Is there a Networks settings menu in MachE menus somewhere?

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you have a YouTube tv subscription, there is a way to switch the YouTube app into more options and then sign into YouTube tv, which someone mentioned on another thread.
It works amazingly well and then you can watch any show from your library or any live tv channel.

iPhone hotspot with AT&T service was able to hold a decent picture for maybe an hour that I watched, with only a couple of 1-2 sec blips during that time.
Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing this morning while I wait for my mom to finish her appointment. I have YouTube Tv and Iā€™m using my AT&T hotspot to watch.

C68DDFD5-65AC-4F6E-BAB6-0632D9062484.jpeg

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing this morning while I wait for my mom to finish her appointment. I have YouTube Tv and Iā€™m using my AT&T hotspot to watch.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got the Ford Streaming update. Now what? C68DDFD5-65AC-4F6E-BAB6-0632D9062484
Why can't I seem to access YouTube. I've had car a week. Days I'm up to date. What am I doing wrong?

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
Why can't I seem to access YouTube. I've had car a week. Days I'm up to date. What am I doing wrong?
Tap the profile icon top center of the screen, and around the middle should be the Radio, Navigation, and other selections under ā€œApplicationsā€ header (I think thatā€™s the label). Beside Applications should be the Entertainment option and then you should have YouTube, NBC News, and NBC Today options. Plus the games like Lane Change, etc.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
ā€œUp to dateā€ doesnā€™t mean that youā€™ve gotten all updates. It just means that youā€™ve gotten the updates that Ford has authorized your VIN to receive. A lot of people havenā€™t gotten the YouTube update yet.

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
ā€œUp to dateā€ doesnā€™t mean that youā€™ve gotten all updates. It just means that youā€™ve gotten the updates that Ford has authorized your VIN to receive. A lot of people havenā€™t gotten the YouTube update yet.
Where do I find what most recent update my car has?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
This is true for ios devices because Apple doesn't let you do much with your phone. On Android you have several options with apps like car stream for YouTube or if you want to mirror the entire device screen, you can do that too.
Sponsored