Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2021 MME GTs will unicorns. Not many of them can be made in the last few months of the year before the '22s start.
IF there are any at all. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped with 21MY GT's and just went straight to '22

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
IF there are any at all. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped with 21MY GT's and just went straight to '22
I agree but I don't want to agree! :p maybe we can get the first few low reservation numbers. There don't seem to be many of us under the 10k mark. For GT's.

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealer told me today that there will be an initial window for ordering the GTs. No sure exactly how long it will be, but when it closes they will look at the reservation numbers of people who actually ordered, and build starting with lowest reservation numbers. Seems to make sense.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
According to the latest brochure an “Enhanced Performance electric front motor” in addition to a lower curb weight from the lighter Ford Performance front seats and maybe the wheels?
Does lighter seats mean uncomfortable seats?
If it is weight that makes the GTP fast than the GT, why would it get lower milage? I guess the magneride takes electricity, so the GT does not have the option for magneride unless you get the performance.
I wish Ford would give some more detail on the GT with milage and speed effects of each option.
I have a premium and love the car, just wished it had more acceleration.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
if one of you is offering to pay for it, I'm ordering one day 1. ?

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If anyone is in the northern Illinois area and has a reservation for a GT my guy who does the ordering at a great Ford dealer is going to be meeting me first thing Wed 4/28 morning to put the order in. If you want in just send me a PM and I will give you the details.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
If anyone is in the northern Illinois area and has a reservation for a GT my guy who does the ordering at a great Ford dealer is going to be meeting me first thing Wed 4/28 morning to put the order in. If you want in just send me a PM and I will give you the details.
Do you have to go to the dealer to do this, or do you think it will be online?

ahawksfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry, I do not know. What I do know is my guy does the ordering and I want to get him to put the order in as soon as possible. No guarantee the car gets delivered any sooner but it can't hurt.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
:p I just sounded the horn, the MEF admins & y'all have fueled the great supporting info!!

Stoked to see this all developing
I do sometimes wonder if the other two sites that I won't name (they'd get auto-filtered anyway) get annoyed at this site being the "active" one.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
If consistent with non-GTs, seems like orders can be placed online but the dealer then has to accept it.

This bit from the letter to dealers seems consistent with that approach:
"Action 2: Accept any outstanding customer Orders Requiring Attention in the Online Order Acceptance Portal. (go to WBDO > Useful Links > Online Order Acceptance Portal > Customer Handling > Orders Requiring Attention > Accept)"

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
If consistent with non-GTs, seems like orders can be placed online but the dealer then has to accept it.

This bit from the letter to dealers seems consistent with that approach:
"Action 2: Accept any outstanding customer Orders Requiring Attention in the Online Order Acceptance Portal. (go to WBDO > Useful Links > Online Order Acceptance Portal > Customer Handling > Orders Requiring Attention > Accept)"
my wife is right, I don't read (or listen) :)
Sponsored