GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
The hint of a ME price increase Monday... does that apply to these pre-orders?

https://insideevs.com/news/503096/mustang-mache-pricing-increased-monday/
Good find.

Can't be a coincidence that it's the same day as GT pricing announcements.

If I were a betting man (which I'm not!) my money would be on that increase carrying through to all GTs as well, regardless of reservations. I doubt they'd just compress the non-GTs upward and further blur the line. They realize what demand is like and they know they'll sell every last GT probably before the dealer ever gets a whiff of it.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Good find.

If I were a betting man (which I'm not!) my money would be on that increase carrying through to all GTs as well, regardless of reservations. I doubt they'd just compress the non-GTs upward and further blur the line. They realize what demand is like and they know they'll sell every last GT probably before the dealer ever gets a whiff of it.
If I recall correctly, when Ford dropped the price of the Mach e it was in response to Tesla dropping its prices.
Also the GT’s price was unchanged during this as well.
I think I saw a headline saying Tesla was increasing their prices the other day for the model 3 and Model Y.

I’m hopeful that this price increase is going to skip the GT. And what we are seeing is just a return to “normal”.
But I am often wrong when trying to predict things. So here, take your salt.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
If I recall correctly, when Ford dropped the price of the Mach e it was in response to Tesla dropping its prices.
Also the GT’s price was unchanged during this as well.
I think I saw a headline saying Tesla was increasing their prices the other day for the model 3 and Model Y.

I’m hopeful that this price increase is going to skip the GT. And what we are seeing is just a return to “normal”.
But I am often wrong when trying to predict things. So here, take your salt.
There's some logic to that as well. Definitely looking forward to Monday to figure out whether I'm sticking with my Premium, due to be built in 3 weeks.

AButtonMasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Yay... more rollercoaster-ing. A car that I’ve been waiting a year and a half for firm details / ordering ability could be within my WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) or it could get pushed into the realm of couch sleeping. No big deal Ford, totally not stressed out at all...

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
My dealer gave me a loaner for the weekend so that I could try it before ordering on Monday. The loaner is not a GT, but is still nice. I hate the horn beep when you walk away and the car locks - super loud. The radio is not as great as I had hoped for, somewhat tinny. Acceleration is splendid and I love the regen braking when in unbridled mode.

Last edited:

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Good find.

I’m hopeful they wouldn’t risk alienating customers by raising their projected price by 3 grand.

And honestly the delta seemed too large to me after the price reduction. It was difficult to justify 6-7k if the only meaningful difference was acceleration. XR AWD is already quicker than almost any crossover without an AMG or M badge. If GT prices increase accordingly, this would only make that worse. I think if they want to encourage as many people as possible to spend 60k plus on a GT, closing that gap is a necessary step.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I’m hopeful they wouldn’t risk alienating customers by raising their projected price by 3 grand.

And honestly the delta seemed too large to me after the price reduction. It was difficult to justify 6-7k if the only meaningful difference was acceleration. XR AWD is already quicker than almost any crossover without an AMG or M badge. If GT prices increase accordingly, this would only make that worse. I think if they want to encourage as many people as possible to spend 60k plus on a GT, closing that gap is a necessary step.
tbh I don’t think they want as many people as possible to buy the GT. They want as many peopleas possible to buy a Mach E. But the GT being a premium option, they are gonna squeeze as much as they can out of it.
If you don’t wanna pay the price for the premium options, then there are other trim levels available.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was recently contacted by my dealer and asked about converting the reservation into an order before the 28th. I don't know if that means anything or not except I like the enthusiasm.

Mediarunner7

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Audi A5
Occupation
System Administratir
Country flag
We got lucky and got a Premium which someone had abandoned at the dealership that we purchased, and 4 weeks ago I ordered another one for myself. I was excited that this came up for order, but after comparing the specs, the non-pano roof is a no bueno for me. Having the panoramic roof makes it feel 10 times more spacious than not having it.

Wish I would have got in on the first edition.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I just checked and you can now configure the GT and Performance Edition. Can confirm the pano roof is required with the Active 360 package. :-(

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I just checked and you can now configure the GT and Performance Edition. Can confirm the pano roof is required with the Active 360 package. :-(
Update. The Black Painted Roof is available with Active 360 on the standard GT though. :-O
Sponsored