Edgardk

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX80, Ford Escape hybrid, MME Premium 4x
Country flag
My EV charger installer told me that he has seen the same problem with another mach-e and they were troubleshooting it with Ford. He told me that the charger in the car is not accepting 240v. He feels that the commercial L2 chargers are working because they use 208v 3-phase supply. He told me to expect a recall soon.

I wonder if this was the reason for the major delays in recent deliveries.
FYI. Only 2 phase gives 208. 3 phase is totally different ball game.
Sponsored

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So today I am now having an issue getting the car to charge from the 110 outlet. After I plugged in the Ford Mobile charger to the charging port, it would not charge on the 110. After an hour, I came back out and it was still not charging. I figured I would turn on the car and that seemed to wake up the internal charger and now it is working again. So weird......this will really suck if I lose the ability to charge from even a 110 outlet.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
FYI. Only 2 phase gives 208. 3 phase is totally different ball game.
That's not correct. In the US, if the supply voltage is 208, it definitely comes from a 3 phase source. 208 is chosen because with 3 phase, the vector math results in 120V to neutral (208 divided by the square root of 3). Actual 2 phase is essentially obsolete.

rmk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE
Country flag
So today I am now having an issue getting the car to charge from the 110 outlet. After I plugged in the Ford Mobile charger to the charging port, it would not charge on the 110. After an hour, I came back out and it was still not charging. I figured I would turn on the car and that seemed to wake up the internal charger and now it is working again. So weird......this will really suck if I lose the ability to charge from even a 110 outlet.
I am having a similar issue at 110v. I am curious which of the three lights are illuminated. Amber? Blue? Red? Or any combination?

Shawnybs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE-Mach-E and Mustang GT
Country flag
I am having this issue now as well. For me, the light on the mobile charge is amber. I have tried multiple outlets and even tried a 240v and 110v at my workplace. Usually what happens is when I plug it in the blue light comes on solid then a few seconds later goes amber. I read somewhere in the manual that the charger is rebooting but at this point it's clearly just not working. I will be taking my mach-e into the dealer next week as well.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am having this issue now as well. For me, the light on the mobile charge is amber. I have tried multiple outlets and even tried a 240v and 110v at my workplace. Usually what happens is when I plug it in the blue light comes on solid then a few seconds later goes amber. I read somewhere in the manual that the charger is rebooting but at this point it's clearly just not working. I will be taking my mach-e into the dealer next week as well.
When I set the FordPass app to only charge the car to 90%, I would get a pulsing blue light as it charged at 120V. Once it hit the 90% threshold, the light turned amber. Check your app.

No update from the dealership on the 240V charging issue. I'm trying to convince them to bring another MME to my house to see if it charges, but they're not giving me any indication if they will or not.

Shawnybs

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE-Mach-E and Mustang GT
Country flag
When I set the FordPass app to only charge the car to 90%, I would get a pulsing blue light as it charged at 120V. Once it hit the 90% threshold, the light turned amber. Check your app.

No update from the dealership on the 240V charging issue. I'm trying to convince them to bring another MME to my house to see if it charges, but they're not giving me any indication if they will or not.
I've tried it twice around 50% and 70% with the threshold at 100%. I am hoping our dealer has a mach-e we can borrow to test at home as well. We'll see!

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've tried it twice around 50% and 70% with the threshold at 100%. I am hoping our dealer has a mach-e we can borrow to test at home as well. We'll see!
There's just nothing consistent that we can use to effectively troubleshoot these issues. Can't trust the FordPass app either. I still haven't been able to get any answer about the 'charge settings conflict' message that would pop up on my screen when I rolled into my driveway, and the service rep I spoke to this morning at 9am has not called me back about driving their retail MME over here to see if it charges on my home setup. I knew being an early adopter would be difficult, so I'm doing the best I can to just roll with the situation, as frustrating as it is.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I am just super frustrated. After waiting for almost 1.5 years, my excitement went down the drain due to Ford's lackluster response to this issue. The dealer has no clue, ford customer service has no clue. How can they even release a car ( forget the fact that this was the next big thing for ford) with such major issues? I don't understand Ford's approach to dealing with this issue.

BTW.. Has anyone had luck with JuiceBox 40? I am expecting my EVSE to arrive in a couple of days. I am hoping that will work.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am having a similar issue at 110v. I am curious which of the three lights are illuminated. Amber? Blue? Red? Or any combination?
When it does not work (with either 240V or 110), lights on the charge port are blue per the charge level. They then turn off after about 30 seconds.
I am just super frustrated. After waiting for almost 1.5 years, my excitement went down the drain due to Ford's lackluster response to this issue. The dealer has no clue, ford customer service has no clue. How can they even release a car ( forget the fact that this was the next big thing for ford) with such major issues? I don't understand Ford's approach to dealing with this issue.

BTW.. Has anyone had luck with JuiceBox 40? I am expecting my EVSE to arrive in a couple of days. I am hoping that will work.
My new one is coming today. I have the older one but I am not very hopeful. I will report tonight when I am able to install it and test it. Fingers crossed!

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
When it does not charge it does not charge on Ford charger or new JuiceBox 40. Blue lights come on showing how much charge it has then turn off. Never get the blinking blue charging light. The charger in the car just won't handshake with the EVSE. I'm lucky because they both work at my shop and I use it to commute. Bit it has to charge at home or what's the point.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When it does not charge it does not charge on Ford charger or new JuiceBox 40. Blue lights come on showing how much charge it has then turn off. Never get the blinking blue charging light. The charger in the car just won't handshake with the EVSE. I'm lucky because they both work at my shop and I use it to commute. Bit it has to charge at home or what's the point.
Do you know what your voltage is at your office at the 240V outlet (is it also on a 50 amp breaker)? Assuming it is a 240V but curious what the difference can be with voltage or any other variable that can cause the same car to charge at one location but not the other.

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
Do you know what your voltage is at your office at the 240V outlet (is it also on a 50 amp breaker)? Assuming it is a 240V but curious what the difference can be with voltage or any other variable that can cause the same car to charge at one location but not the other.
Yes its a 50 amp breaker. 249 Volts. It is an outlet I use for a lift that only has 2 hots and a ground. Then I use an adapter cable to the 14-50 plug. I will tell you that the Ford charger does not use or need the neutral spade as there is no ground on that neutral spade here at the shop. At home I ran the #6 white wire from that neutral spade back to the box ground and just used my conduit for the ground pin. But at home I also tried moving that #6 white wire to the ground pin and it made no difference.

0303211559_HDR.jpg

0303211600_HDR.jpg

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes its a 50 amp breaker. 249 Volts. It is an outlet I use for a lift that only has 2 hots and a ground. Then I use an adapter cable to the 14-50 plug. I will tell you that the Ford charger does not use or need the neutral spade as there is no ground on that neutral spade here at the shop. At home I ran the #6 white wire from that neutral spade back to the box ground and just used my conduit for the ground pin. But at home I also tried moving that #6 white wire to the ground pin and it made no difference.

0303211559_HDR.jpg

0303211600_HDR.jpg
Do you know if it’s 3 phase at your office (typical for a business) and single phase at your house (typical for homes)? I am at another Ford dealer and they have an L2 charger on a 240V circuit. Car charges fine. I am beginning to think that the issue is some cars seem not to be able to charge from a single phase 240V circuit.