solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
I reached out to another dealership in town. They figured out stuff, but the way they are trying to rip off is like insane. Almost 7 k interest! That's not 2.25 percent, more like 14.5 percent interest. Ignore that NY has a 2k EV rebate at point of sale.

My fear is that incentives and financial rates will change and that's okay, but if the dealer is out to cheat, it'll be a shit show later as well.
Where are you seeing $7000 interest?

$10k down payment + (35 months * 756.90) + 23704.80 balloon = $60196.30 - 57732.53 MSRP = $2463.77 in interest

Unless my math is wrong somewhere?
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag

$10k down payment + (35 months * 756.90) + 23704.80 balloon = $60196.30 - 57732.53 MSRP = $2463.77 in interest

No, you're right. For 36 months, 36 x 756.90 +10,000 + 23704 is approx $61k, interest of approx $3k. Which is not bad at all.

I was however looking at the 48 month term where the total comes to $65400 or so which comes to like $7500 in interest.

I didn't look at the 36 month calculation at all. Now I feel this guy might have made a mistake rather than trying to rip me off. I'll wait for his revised quote on Monday.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Screenshot_20210213-205501_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210213-205857_Chrome.jpg

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Hello guys,

I drove the mach (select awd). It's amazing to drive. I am hoping the interiors of the premium will be slightly better.

The dealer agreed to x-plan (no ADM) and to have a refundable deposit. However, they gave me a quote for balloon financing at $1050 per month for 47 months with $21k at the end. The best rate was 6.8%!

I was like whaaat! I showed them the website, and they were clueless. They'll get back to me next week if they can honor the rates and incentives from Ford. Obviously I didn't deposit any money yet.

Has anyone had a good experience with purchasing Mach e in upstate NY? I don't mind driving a couple of 100 miles to have a good experience with a dealer.
I have a GB First Edition on the way from Kansas City to Bflo, hope to get it by early March. I am using West Herr in Hamburg, they told me long ago that X Plan was ok, if allowed by Ford, and the $500 deposit was refundable should I decline the car. You will want to get both of those as well as a commitment to no ADM in writing should you order a car, if they won't commit, pick a different dealer.

Many dealers seem fuzzy on Options details, so this quote may be a mistake. I got the finance guy's name from my sales guy, and sent an email saying I was looking at using options and wanted to talk Otions details before the car arrives. As I'm sure many folks here do, I detest sitting in the finance office waiting for all the paperwork to finish. During Covid, I just refuse to do it.

Anyway, feel free to DM for any other info if you wish.

I also have a Gray Premium on order (haven't checked lately if it's built yet) that the dealer will have to sell since I am taking the FE instead. Sales guy told me he may have someone interested, LMK if you want his contact info.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I have a GB First Edition on the way from Kansas City to Bflo, hope to get it by early March. I am using West Herr in Hamburg, they told me long ago that X Plan was ok, if allowed by Ford, and the $500 deposit was refundable should I decline the car. You will want to get both of those as well as a commitment to no ADM in writing should you order a car, if they won't commit, pick a different dealer.

Many dealers seem fuzzy on Options details, so this quote may be a mistake. I got the finance guy's name from my sales guy, and sent an email saying I was looking at using options and wanted to talk Otions details before the car arrives. As I'm sure many folks here do, I detest sitting in the finance office waiting for all the paperwork to finish. During Covid, I just refuse to do it.

Anyway, feel free to DM for any other info if you wish.

I also have a Gray Premium on order (haven't checked lately if it's built yet) that the dealer will have to sell since I am taking the FR instead. Sales guy told me he may have someone interested, LMK if you want his contact info.
Thank you so much. This was very helpful.

My quote is also from West Herr, but from Rochester. Let me see what he says on Monday, but if he rectifies the mistake on Monday and agrees to no X price, no ADM, and refundable deposit, I will sign up. If not, I'll reach out to west Herr in Hamburg, it's just a 100 miles from me, and as he's interacted with you, he'd know the nitty gritty.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Thank you so much. This was very helpful.

My quote is also from West Herr, but from Rochester. Let me see what he says on Monday, but if he rectifies the mistake on Monday and agrees to no X price, no ADM, and refundable deposit, I will sign up. If not, I'll reach out to west Herr in Hamburg, it's just a 100 miles from me, and as he's interacted with you, he'd know the nitty gritty.
Just to clarify, you DO want the X Plan discount - assuming you already qualify (if not, you can join the Mustang club for about $25 and be eligible in 60 days). Lots of posts on here about X Plan.
X plan saves gives you roughly $600-800 discount, depending on trim of the car.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Just to clarify, you DO want the X Plan discount - assuming you already qualify (if not, you can join the Mustang club for about $25 and be eligible in 60 days). Lots of posts on here about X Plan.
X plan saves gives you roughly $600-800 discount, depending on trim of the car.
Sorry, typo there. I do want the x plan. I joined MCA a couple of days ago. :)

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I didn't know that there were any Mach-E's in the Rochester area yet. Which dealer has a select? I only see FCTP premiums still awaiting delivery to dealers our area:
https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mach-e/results?zipcode=14580&Radius=60&intcmp=show-si
Henderson Ford got one earlier this week. They will give you the keys and a full charge to race through the snowy streets. They may have been clueless, but the sales executive was extremely pleasant.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
The deposit required can vary from dealer to dealer. There's one dealer near me doing $1500 deposits and another 10 miles away doing $500... that's the one I went with.
So ok, I would just avoid dealers who want bigger deposit like a plague. Same as dealers who want to charge more than MSRP.

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 MB GLB, '20 Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
NP
Country flag
So ok, I would just avoid dealers who want bigger deposit like a plague. Same as dealers who want to charge more than MSRP.
I would definitely avoid the markup, but the deposit goes towards the price of the car, so if the customer service is worth it...??‍♀

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would definitely avoid the markup, but the deposit goes towards the price of the car, so if the customer service is worth it...??‍♀
It's an indicator of greed. They aren't doing anything more when they demand a higher deposit.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's an indicator of greed. They aren't doing anything more when they demand a higher deposit.
I’m an admitted oddball. I save up before I buy anything. I would happily write a check for the full remaining balance today if I could get a delivery commitment.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I’m an admitted oddball. I save up before I buy anything. I would happily write a check for the full remaining balance today if I could get a delivery commitment.
There is nothing wrong with paying for what you buy and buyng only what you can afford. The question here is that some dealers want higher deposits and/or markups for vehicles ordered many months before they can be delivered. I don't begrudge dealers making a profit. But they are making a decent profit on these cars without trying to chisel out even more from their customers.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I didn't look at the 36 month calculation at all. Now I feel this guy might have made a mistake rather than trying to rip me off. I'll wait for his revised quote on Monday.
Your dealer quoted the monthly payments for 1-35 and 1-47 months, respectively, but only included the balloon amount for the 36-month term.

At the current Ford Options pricing levels, these are the balloon amounts for a Premium AWD with 15,000 miles per year. The numbers may change every few months. And obviously, any change you make to mileage or vehicle options will also impact the balloon.

All that matters is the rate schemes and incentives that are in effect at the time you take delivery of the vehicle.

Premium AWD, no extra options, 15k miles per yearMSRP36-month balloon48-month balloon
Std Range49,70021,84418,288
Ext Range54,70023,43619,530

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'68 Mustang, 2021 MME FE, 2022 MME GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm in the same situation as you are in. Originally I didn't reserve a Mach E even though I wanted to because my Explorer lease is up July 16, 2021. However the "want" of moving to an EV over came me in the past two weeks and I decided to either try to trade in my lease to get a Mach E that someone cancelled or to trade in on a Model Y.

I have a 2018 Explorer Platinum, in perfect condition, with 17k miles on it since I've been working from home for the last year. KBB trade in value is 33.5k-35k. My original leasing dealership has a Mach E and they have the price on their website as MSRP. I call them and they wanted me to come in so we could work it out. They looked over my lease trade and offered me 33.5k which is fine, my buyout currently is 32.5k. I agreed to the trade price and we started talking about the Mach E price, they refused to let me use the X-Plan then dropped a bomb on the negotiations by saying they are adding a 5k market adjustment, which really ticked me off since their website shows they are selling it for MSRP. So I walked out.

After that I decided to look into the Model Y. Contacted Tesla to setup a test drive date and appraise my trade in. They offered me 30k and would not budge, so I walked out on that. I'm not paying for them to take the car off my hands.

To make a long story short (or even longer I guess). I went to another Ford dealer and ordered one. they said that Ford will extend my lease with them for up to 3 months under the same monthly payment and terms if I'm purchasing another Ford from them. If the Mach E I have on order doesn't arrive by July 16th though I think my wife and I have decided to just hand in the Explorer and go with one car until it does. I will still be working from home at that point.
Sponsored