kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I reserved my car in june, order got placed end of july, Ford confirmed order in August and I have no build date yet. If you add 6 weeks to production and delivery I am looking at a june/july delivery if there are delays it might go to september. Order it asap for july.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I spoke to a dealer. Does a residual of 0.42 for 3 years or 0.34 for 4 years sound reasonable? I thought the residual at 3 years was 0.58 for premium awd?

This calculation just doesn't add up, especially when compared to other people on the forum who've already gotten their MME.

635110463.jpg

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
I spoke to a dealer. Does a residual of 0.42 for 3 years or 0.34 for 4 years sound reasonable? I thought the residual at 3 years was 0.58 for premium awd?

This calculation just doesn't add up, especially when compared to other people on the forum who've already gotten their MME.
How many miles and what mile? A .42 residual could work for premium awd at 13500 miles

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

635110463.jpg
The residual for Options financing is low, it is meant to encourage you make the balloon payment in the end instead of returning the car to Ford. I just placed an order, if the $2,500 incentive for Options is still available then, I'll take it. While conventual wisdom advises against balloon loans on cars, it is based on the assumption that the consumer is doing it for the wrong reason: lowering upfront cost and monthly payment, and ending up with a large balloon payment in the end, when he is having a cash problem to begin with and likely buying something he cannot afford.

For the Premium AWD ER I ordered, with $5K (plus sales tax on the full cash price of the vehicle and misc. fees) down and 12,000 miles/year allowance, the calculator showed $748.80/month payment for 36 months, and a balloon payment of $24,921 due at the end, assuming 2.25% APR and $2,500 incentive; if I want to match the monthly payment using regular financing at 0.9% APR, I would need a whopping $29,954 (plus taxes and fees) down payment. At the end of three years, my total cost would be $368 more by going with Options vs. a regular loan. I would rather park that $24,954 difference in upfront cost on appreciating assets, rather than on one that depreciates quickly. I have only bought cars I could afford to pay in cash, but except the first time when I didn't have sufficient credit to get a loan, I always chose financing over cash after weighing risk and benefit.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Henderson Ford, the first dealer I went to gave me a quote today. X plan, no ADM, way better than the other one. I am going to order this tomorrow.

635124794.jpg

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
I reserved my car in june, order got placed end of july, Ford confirmed order in August and I have no build date yet. If you add 6 weeks to production and delivery I am looking at a june/july delivery if there are delays it might go to september. Order it asap for july.
You still don't have a build date? This means they have a much, much longer wait than I thought. I ordered in December. I had no idea people are waiting over 6 months and still don't have a build date.

I should give up on my order and go find one at a dealer.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
You still don't have a build date? This means they have a much, much longer wait than I thought. I ordered in December. I had no idea people are waiting over 6 months and still don't have a build date.

I should give up on my order and go find one at a dealer.
Covid put a dent in delays. I live in Canada so the wait might be longer but expect 6months to upto a year delay

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Henderson Ford, the first dealer I went to gave me a quote today. X plan, no ADM, way better than the other one. I am going to order this tomorrow.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How early to order? 635124794
You should be able to get the $2K point of sale NY EV incentive (money direct to dealer at time of sale) as well. The MME is not on the web site yet - I emailed the NYS guy I corresponded with last September to inquire, he was out of the office today for the holiday. Hopefully will show up soon, expecting delivery in early March.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
You should be able to get the $2K point of sale NY EV incentive (money direct to dealer at time of sale) as well. The MME is not on the web site yet - I emailed the NYS guy I corresponded with last September to inquire, he was out of the office today for the holiday. Hopefully will show up soon, expecting delivery in early March.
Also make sure you get in writing that your deposit is fully refundable right up until the moment the car arrives and you test drive it, should you change your mind or your circumstances change.

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Covid put a dent in delays. I live in Canada so the wait might be longer but expect 6months to upto a year delay
I just got a build date for May, and I ordered less than 2 months ago. I am starting to think your significant delay is due to being in Canada. Might want to ask your dealer if you still don't have a build date.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I just got a build date for May, and I ordered less than 2 months ago. I am starting to think your significant delay is due to being in Canada. Might want to ask your dealer if you still don't have a build date.
This is awesome. It brings hope for us who've ordered later. I just ordered yesterday. Since the dealer ordered it, I don't know anything about anything. Just hope I get it by July.

Screenshot_20210218-215738_Gmail.jpg

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I'm in the same situation as you are in. Originally I didn't reserve a Mach E even though I wanted to because my Explorer lease is up July 16, 2021. However the "want" of moving to an EV over came me in the past two weeks and I decided to either try to trade in my lease to get a Mach E that someone cancelled or to trade in on a Model Y.

I have a 2018 Explorer Platinum, in perfect condition, with 17k miles on it since I've been working from home for the last year. KBB trade in value is 33.5k-35k. My original leasing dealership has a Mach E and they have the price on their website as MSRP. I call them and they wanted me to come in so we could work it out. They looked over my lease trade and offered me 33.5k which is fine, my buyout currently is 32.5k. I agreed to the trade price and we started talking about the Mach E price, they refused to let me use the X-Plan then dropped a bomb on the negotiations by saying they are adding a 5k market adjustment, which really ticked me off since their website shows they are selling it for MSRP. So I walked out.

After that I decided to look into the Model Y. Contacted Tesla to setup a test drive date and appraise my trade in. They offered me 30k and would not budge, so I walked out on that. I'm not paying for them to take the car off my hands.

To make a long story short (or even longer I guess). I went to another Ford dealer and ordered one. they said that Ford will extend my lease with them for up to 3 months under the same monthly payment and terms if I'm purchasing another Ford from them. If the Mach E I have on order doesn't arrive by July 16th though I think my wife and I have decided to just hand in the Explorer and go with one car until it does. I will still be working from home at that point.
Hi, when you went and ordered with your dealer, did you get any email or order number from your dealer?

I have a receipt for the refundable deposit, but nothing else.

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'68 Mustang, 2021 MME FE, 2022 MME GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi, when you went and ordered with your dealer, did you get any email or order number from your dealer?

I have a receipt for the refundable deposit, but nothing else.
Not from my dealership, however I was sitting in the dealership when I ordered it and the Sales Manager accepted in front of me. I did receive an email from Ford and when I click on the see it now button it gives me this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How early to order? 1614438564090

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Not from my dealership, however I was sitting in the dealership when I ordered it and the Sales Manager accepted in front of me. I did receive an email from Ford and when I click on the see it now button it gives me this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How early to order? 1614438564090
Thank you. This is helpful. Let me ask my dealer, as I didn't get any email yet.