How long is BlueCruise supposed to be free for MY2021?

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
It literally has been so long I forget, didn't this car come with 2 years' free bluecruise?

But then they gave us 1 year more? When does the 1 year start, presumably only when bluecruise is activated right?

My bluecruise account expiration date on Ford Pass says expires 1 year after my dealer installed it last month, but does that mean I'm missing the original 2 years or what?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yours came with a prep kit. You get 1 year free from activation, then you will be offered a subscription. Expected to be $600 for 3 years.

OP
OP

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Yours came with a prep kit. You get 1 year free from activation, then you will be offered a subscription. Expected to be $600 for 3 years.
Ooo now I remember yeah they took $600 off the purchase price. Ok thanks, it's been a journey lol

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually, they raised the price $600 once it came with the vehicle. Same net effect.

You were supposed to pay $600 at time of activation, but due to the delay you got a year free. Why did you wait so long? My 2021 got it last April.

OP
OP

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I mean.... They told me it would come ota, when it didn't they told me to wait, I waited then everyone said csp ended, I called them to complain and they said to bring it in to dealer and they'll pay for it, and then it's today lol

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I mean.... They told me it would come ota, when it didn't they told me to wait, I waited then everyone said csp ended, I called them to complain and they said to bring it in to dealer and they'll pay for it, and then it's today lol
Some folks had cars that didn’t update and needed to be kick started (figuratively speaking). Apparently yours was one. At least it’s working for you now. Happy motoring.

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
If you go into your Fordpass app, touch the account icon in the upper right corner, then scroll down to "connected services", choose your vehicle, then scroll until you see BlueCruise. That will show you the expiration date of your BlueCruise trial.

You should also find your free BlueOval charging minutes left in this area and the expiration date on those too if applicable.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you go into your Fordpass app, touch the account icon in the upper right corner, then scroll down to "connected services", choose your vehicle, then scroll until you see BlueCruise. That will show you the expiration date of your BlueCruise trial.

You should also find your free BlueOval charging minutes left in this area and the expiration date on those too if applicable.
He already had the expiration date, in his original post. Didn't know why.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
With the expiration fast approaching and the limited BlueCruise usage I actually see on my freeways, I am so incredibly close to pulling the trigger on Comma.ai. The infamous Taco Bell Run.

They had some amazing announcements at CES and included a price drop.

Expensive, but so was the car. I’m in the IT field so this isn’t a huge undertaking for me. Definitely not for the faint of heart though. Their Discord is quite active with development to add CAN-FD natively to their stack (without the need for the Panda, dev harness, etc.).

Ford Mustang Mach-E How long is BlueCruise supposed to be free for MY2021? 2224C65F-480F-4546-BD81-1BEE4CF910A7

Mach_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting; 2021 Mach E GT;2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
He already had the expiration date, in his original post. Didn't know why.
Doh! Read to fast as it looked like a guess not a date...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
With the expiration fast approaching and the limited BlueCruise usage I actually see on my freeways, I am so incredibly close to pulling the trigger on Comma.ai. The infamous Taco Bell Run.

They had some amazing announcements at CES and included a price drop.

Expensive, but so was the car. I’m in the IT field so this isn’t a huge undertaking for me. Definitely not for the faint of heart though. Their Discord is quite active with development to add CAN-FD natively to their stack (without the need for the Panda, dev harness, etc.).

Ford Mustang Mach-E How long is BlueCruise supposed to be free for MY2021? 2224C65F-480F-4546-BD81-1BEE4CF910A7
Seems interesting, let us know how it goes if you do it. Wish it could tap into the existing nanny cam and not need another. One thing - I couldn’t find that Ford was supported but you obviously have it in your cart.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag

Your assumption is that FordPass works. Not.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Actually, they raised the price $600 once it came with the vehicle. Same net effect.

You were supposed to pay $600 at time of activation, but due to the delay you got a year free. Why did you wait so long? My 2021 got it last April.
Geez. Maybe the poor bastard had to work. Or he trusted Ford. Or he is not perfect, as others claim to be. Or the system does not function the same for everyone. Huh

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It's supposed to be a free year? BC on my 2021 was only activated less than two months ago, but the expiration says "14-03-2023". Guess I got hosed.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Where can you check the expiration date?

EDIT: Sorry I see that it was answered above.
Sponsored