Infotainment Redesign Coming -- via updated software or hardware?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Why would that not be the case? I remember the announcement, did they walk it back later?
Because they haven’t hit any software related dates perhaps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
That's why I said adapted. Resizing of some of the elements, and bringing down the stuff on the top to the center isn't exactly reinventing the wheel. If nothing else, the design language is definitely better than the Fisher-Price "My First Car" quality of the current IPC.
Honestly the IPC is the most refined thing about the MME UI, it feels like it was designed by a totally different team than Sync

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
If anyone at Ford is listening, all I want is a display of charging speed somewhere in the vehicle.

I think the only reason they don't is because of people who will bring their car to the dealer because they only saw xx kw when charging. In general I think that's why most makes like idiot gauges (Lightning is worse that MachE...just a truck going across the screen to show charging %)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
They are working on a re design for sync. I can confirm that. I can also tell you all that if you saw the original mock ups you would be pulling your hair out. It's looking better as of right now and they have taken a lot into consideration from comments throughout this forum. Things such as using the volume knob for climate adjustment, fan and heated seats will be integrated, for example.

It'll be a software update no hardware will be involved.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
They are working on a re design for sync. I can confirm that. I can also tell you all that if you saw the original mock ups you would be pulling your hair out. It's looking better as of right now and they have taken a lot into consideration from comments throughout this forum. Things such as using the volume knob for climate adjustment, fan and heated seats will be integrated, for example.

It'll be a software update no hardware will be involved.
Can you share any of the really bad ideas that got canned - I have a morbid curiosity.

Also - suggestion. It would be great if the primary phone was paired with the driver profile. Whenever we take a family trip, I drive, but it is the wife's car and we have to go through the rodeo of swapping which phone is connected every time.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Can you share any of the really bad ideas that got canned - I have a morbid curiosity.

Also - suggestion. It would be great if the primary phone was paired with the driver profile. Whenever we take a family trip, I drive, but it is the wife's car and we have to go through the rodeo of swapping which phone is connected every time.
I think the biggest issue I had with the original design was crowding the top of the screen with lots of buttons. It might have looked something like this...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Infotainment Redesign Coming -- via updated software or hardware? DCB7618B-5959-4AC8-A9DD-BC3092B25D82~2

Currently playing is also one of the things added to sync, not the IPC however. There should also be a persistent app bar, sticky navigation to the top etc.

Last edited:

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
See I’m the opposite. I don’t want ANY of the junk the F150 has. I love the clean UI. The battery bar in engage is my primary mode, then the glowing diagrid of unbridled 😍. I hope they never change that.
In a perfect world, they would give us an option via settings to decide if we wanted a data rich screen or a clean one. Or, perhaps they could give us a more granular control, like I want to see SOC, Speed, and Regen, but not temperature, grade, or direction of travel. 🤷‍♂️

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
I really really really really wish that I could upgrade the infotainment system hardware. That’s my only major dislike with the Mach-E. It’s very slow and the lag between presses is too much.

I would gladly drop in a Ryzen 5950X and 32GB of RAM.
I'm guessing that part of why they are partnering with Google for the next generation of the software is that they aren't software people (of course). But, that being said, it is usually possible to improve performance without a hardware upgrade.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
The Lightning is not very different from the current Mach-e.

“Mustang Mach-E is due for a major software update later this year that will refresh the entire interface displayed on the screens in the car,” Ford CEO Jim Farley told The Verge in a recent interview. Farley also likened it to a major Apple iPhone update, saying “the whole UX is going to change.” Farley also expressed his desire to roll out more frequent updates moving forward, something that both Apple and Tesla are known for. “We’re still not shipping enough software to the car,” he said. However, Doug Field, who has spent time at both of those companies, “has begun to improve things,” according to FoMoCo’s top executive.
Please don't confuse this discussion with facts. This is the internet after all..........

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
I love my 2022 MME GT. Took a procession in March. There are many things about the infotainment system that could be approved upon. I am not techy nor know much about Teslas but can they do a full upgrade of the interface through a software update? New screens, change setting configurations etc.? That is amazing.

I'm selling my Model 3

Tesla did a big upgrade if I'm not mistaken ealier this year or late last year I really don't remember when... But it was BAD and GOOD at the same time... Instead of having certain things right at your finger tips you had to push through several menus to get to it. But at the same time you can pin stuff to your "Quick Apps" also they brought color to the apps instead of "Grey"

There's DEF things I'd upgrade with the Model 3 interface/screens

I don't have a Mach but driving in a test drive the menu does seem clunky at best not whats the word I'm looking for..... "FUN" seems very professional looking... Which isn't a knock I don't mind that look, but if you want fun and enjoyment out of your "Mustang" needs to be more hip/updated and colorful....

Everyone bases every EV off Tesla.... To be honest you should because when your looking at the industry that is the standard.... But there's also a reason why I'm selling my Model 3 and moving to the Mach.... Pros and Cons for everything :)

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
For instance on Tesla their update on the UI meant you could costomize what you kept in bar on the bottom. So there is a lot they could update without changing the look massively.
iPhone updates don't mostly change the UI massively but give upgrades to what you can do within the UI.

I have a M3 there's PROS and CONS with that update when it rolled out.... Stuff that was needed/important was pushed to the back in sub menus, colors were added over the "Grey" icons which was a plus, customizing the bottom Ribbon is a plus. The recent updates maybe like 2-3 months ago had the "Driving Visuals" updated the cars are darker more defined than before...

There's always pros and cons with updates, in the real world companies would send out questionnaires to their buyers ask what they want or go on Forums and post questions "Most Wanted Features" get the sense of what everyone is wanting/needing in their system
Sponsored