JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Sounds like they need a better method for calculating that GOM. The calculation for when a route is initiated in the nav system might make sense, but clearly the general number with no route activated is proving to be misleadingly low.

Simply taking the miles/kWh number for the last 100 miles (or something) and multiplying by 88 (ER) would seem to be far more accurate.
Remember Ford said that the GOM calculation will be crowd sourced (kind of) thus the more of us out and about in our Mach-E's the more accurate the GOM gets (of course if it actually does this and how much does the cloud and crowd contribute to the GOM's calculations).
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Remember Ford said that the GOM calculation will be crowd sourced (kind of) thus the more of us out and about in our Mach-E's the more accurate the GOM gets (of course if it actually does this and how much does the cloud and crowd contribute to the GOM's calculations).
If it does, hopefully it is smart enough to account for how people are driving and isn’t averaging someone driving 30mph on residential streets with someone flying down the freeway at 90mph.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interior
The interior is very plush. Definitely “premium car” vibes for me, though not quite on the level of luxury. Seats are super comfortable to me, though I agree with others that having only one height adjustment point is rather lame. I’m still futzing with the “perfect” steering wheel/seat placement for myself.
I guess I'm a little confused about the "having only one height adjustment point"

I found this in the owner's quick reference guide (pg 13):

"Move this entire knob C up or down to adjust the seat height up or down"

"Push up or down on either end of knob C to adjust the angle of the seat cushion or slide the knob backward or forward to slide the entire seat backward or forward"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Initial Thoughts and Owner Review of a New Grabber Blue First Edition Mach-E 1612928219370

Sorry about the quality of the picture.

Also, see the following from a link in the owner's manual:

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I guess I'm a little confused about the "having only one height adjustment point"

"Push up or down on either end of knob C to adjust the angle of the seat cushion or slide the knob backward or forward to slide the entire seat backward or forward"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Initial Thoughts and Owner Review of a New Grabber Blue First Edition Mach-E 1612928219370

Also, see the following from a link in the owner's manual:
The Mach E (premium) i test drove tonight only seemed to have the driver seat go up or down. I tried different ways, but couldn’t get the front seat cushion to go up or down independently from the rear of the drivers seat cushion. I like to drive with the seat cushion at an decline like a sports car.

I hope it was just user error as that was one of the very few disappointing things in this otherwise terrific vehicle by Ford. I was overall very impressed.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
The Mach E (premium) i test drove tonight only seemed to have the driver seat go up or down. I tried different ways, but couldn’t get the front seat cushion to go up or down independently from the rear of the drivers seat cushion. I like to drive with the seat cushion at an decline like a sports car.

I hope it was just user error as that was one of the very few disappointing things in this otherwise terrific vehicle by Ford. I was overall very impressed.
I am really interested in this too. On long trips, I like to raise the front of the seat angle a bit.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am really interested in this too. On long trips, I like to raise the front of the seat angle a bit.
The Premium I sat in on the tour would raise/lower only on a 45 degree plane, i.e. go from lower-rear to upper-front. No straight up-down.

I don't recall if there was a seat tilt though. I don't think so, but not sure.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Not an owner quite yet but have been in one and the website confirms. Mach E is an 8-way not a 10-way. There is no separate rear/front tilt. Only up and down. It’s on a declining angle So going down tilts the back down slightly also. One less-luxury item honestly.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I wish the FordPass app would show you if it's locked/unlocked, windows up/down.
I admit I never missed this in MyFord Mobile (which doesn't do window up/down but does lock/unlock) until now. but now I will. :(

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

This is the way my 2017 Mustang and 2019 Escape seats work. Sadly, I never tried it when I sat in the Mach-E back in January. I would think this is something Ford uses in all their vehicles.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Not an owner quite yet but have been in one and the website confirms. Mach E is an 8-way not a 10-way. There is no separate rear/front tilt. Only up and down. It’s on a declining angle So going down tilts the back down slightly also. One less-luxury item honestly.
worse than my 2017 c-max

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
That confirms what I experienced. Glad it wasn’t user error, lol! Unfortunately it’s a miss by Ford considering how many other thoughtful touches they placed in the Mach E.

I have to say, they nailed most all other parts inside and outside, imho. The finish quality and overall feel blows Tesla out of the water. No comparison and makes up for not being quite as technology-driven compared to Tesla with their technology execution.

On a side note, I was also blown away by getting 3.7 miles per kwH on my 30 minute test drive. Did a few 0-60 tests and mostly 40-50 mph driving in 72 degree clear day.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
restarted the system by holding down the Right Seek and Volume Up button on the steering wheel
So having to restart the screen is a thing? I have seen this posted a couple times. Hoping this can be fixed OTA

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

It works just fine on my Premium although it did take me a few seconds to figure out the movement pattern.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So having to restart the screen is a thing? I have seen this posted a couple times. Hoping this can be fixed OTA
It is indeed a thing. I've only had to do it that one time so far.
Sponsored