Is the Mach-E really 7 years behind Tesla?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I mean, it's obvious so I'm not going to indulge your trolling, if you can't see their vertical integration and in-house battery development I can't help you.
I'm just going to come out and ask: what is your goal here? Is it to complain, argue, or just keep repeating yourself?
Sponsored

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You point to Tesla's vertical integration as if it were a good thing. Great thinking for the 1930s. Most manufacturing companies discovered by the 1970s that over time, excess vertical integration proves to be a strategic disadvantage.
So that's why Ford buys their cars from outside suppliers pre-assembled, right. Got it, thanks.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm just going to come out and ask: what is your goal here? Is it to complain, argue, or just keep repeating yourself?
Have an open conversation about the benefits that benchmarking your competition provides.

What else is there to do while I wait for my FE? Once I get the car I'll be too busy driving it :D

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
Have an open conversation about the benefits that benchmarking your competition provides.

What else is there to do while I wait for my FE? Once I get the car I'll be too busy driving it :D
since you won’t have your third party apps, you’ll hop on here while charging and tell us how you don’t have them

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
since you won’t have your third party apps, you’ll hop on here while charging and tell us how you don’t have them
I generally don't use Netflix while charging. The last time I used it was in my garage during a home Wi-Fi outage, in fact.

The TuneIn podcast streaming while driving is what I really need, but nobody seems to know what TuneIn is :p

When I'm on a multi-thousand mile drive, being able to offload podcast streaming to a $9.99/mo unlimited data plan in the car vs. paying overage fees is what I care about.

I haven't listened to radio in years. Podcast streaming is my jam, and that takes data. The Model 3 relieved me of having to spend time downloading hours of podcasts on WiFi and hoping I didn't run out before I got to the hotel and then had to decide if I had enough data left over or if it was worth paying the overage.

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The TuneIn podcast streaming while driving is what I really need, but nobody seems to know what TuneIn is :p

When I'm on a multi-thousand mile drive, being able to offload podcast streaming to a $9.99/mo unlimited data plan in the car vs. paying overage fees is what I care about.
I too like both TuneIn and Spotify. I pay for the premium versions.

Both of those services have been available via the Ford Sync AppLink since Sync V3 - circa 2013 or so. I use them on my 2013 Lincoln MKX.

Or, you can use them via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
all I see is LG's R&D in the battery
https://jalopnik.com/a-look-at-the-engineering-behind-the-2021-ford-mustang-1839911078

Cells: LG

Modules: Ford

Pack: Ford

Thermal mgmt: Ford

BorgWarner's R&D in the motors
Motors: Ford design, outsourced manufacturing

Motor casing with 1-speed transmission and integration/enclosure of motor: BorgWarner

and presumably some other supplier's R&D in the power electronics
?‍♂

Both of those services have been available via the Ford Sync AppLink since Sync V3 - circa 2013 or so. I use them on my 2013 Lincoln MKX.

Sure, but those mechanisms require either smart phone carrier data, or pre-planning at home or hotels while on wifi.

He stated he prefers to use the car's mobile data. But apparently, he doesn't want to sign up for AT&T service for the car.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
And trying to sell that model 3.
I mean Carvana will take it today for honestly not that much less than I paid for it. They're holding their value *quite* well so far, thanks for the concern though.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I too like both TuneIn and Spotify. I pay for the premium versions.

Yeah but then my phone's data is used, whereas I pay Tesla $9.99/mo and don't have to worry about that. I can burn through more than $9.99 in data overages with TuneIn on a long multi-thousand mile road trip if I used my personal phone.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
he doesn't want to sign up for AT&T service for the car.
Can the car provide a WiFi hotspot while driving? None of my previous Fords had a modem. Do I need an AT&T account? Is it less than $9.99/mo? I have no idea about this. I didn't see it any of the Mach-E coverage.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Huh, so it works while driving. Had zero idea this was a thing. Pricing isn't *great* but I could swing that $15/mo vs $9.99. Tesla's on AT&T so the coverage is the same as where I can currently stream my podcasts.
For you, it'd be very useful since you travel a lot and use a lot of data.

I'm the opposite. But also, here in the southwest, if I needed data while travelling between cities, I'd probably need to switch to Verizon, not AT&T or T-Mobile (my current carrier).
Sponsored