pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
? Today at 12:14 pm, my dealer, Perry Ford, confirmed that my reservation has been entered into the order system and I have an Order ID. I made my reservation through the dealer in early January and am the first order they've placed.

At this point, I don't know what, if any, impact my reservation number has on my place in the production queue, once production begins.

My car is the Premium RWD extended range with the Star White Metallic tri-coat paint. I didn't change anything from the reservation but, again, have no idea how or if that may affect my place in the production schedule.
Sponsored

Last edited:

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
? Today at 12:14 pm, my dealer, Perry Ford, confirmed that my reservation has been entered into the order system and I have an Order ID. I made my reservation through the dealer in early January and am the first order they've placed.

At this point, I don't know what, if any, impact my reservation number has on my place in the production queue, once production begins.

My car is the Premium RWD extended range with the Star White Metallic tri-coat paint. I didn't change anything from the order but, again, have now idea how or if that may affect my place in the production schedule.
I think we did hear something about dealers being able to place orders starting today.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Where is this taking place? I have not received anything further from Ford.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Are these vehicles for the dealership? I having trouble with the concept of an "order" made without your signature/electronic signature or other indicating you are in agreement with this action.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Are these vehicles for the dealership? I having trouble with the concept of an "order" made without your signature/electronic signature or other indicating you are in agreement with this action.
I think it is the OPs personal vehicle that was ordered since he/she didnt make any changes so it sounds like the dealer was authorized to place the order?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

My car is the Premium RWD extended range with the Star White Metallic tri-coat paint. I didn't change anything from the order but, again, have now idea how or if that may affect my place in the production schedule.
On the Ford.com website when viewing the reservation details, there is a tiny "177" next to the $500 deposit paid notation. Click on it and a message reads "Reservation does not guarantee vehicle delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle."

So, I would presume that your order will be processed in order received at the assembly plant since it is a Premium model which we believe are being assembled first. The FE is a premium model so by default it is included in the previous statement...

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
A delaler I spoke with today told he is able to put in orders to the system. didn’t so it through him though since I don’t trust the guy..

the dealer I had my reservation with originally said the order bank opens on the 30th and i can turn reservation into order there. Still waiting to hear back about test drive and if the order is refundable/non-binding. (GM to confirm he said)

Spoke with dozen of Florida dealers today and 99% of the are clueless, it’s sad.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The vehicle is my personal vehicle. I don’t work for a dealer. I had to sign and date the order today. The dealer had my reservation number from when I reserved through them.

I had been told by the Mach E helpline that once a reservation was placed through a dealer, I couldn’t convert to the consumer online web system (aka WBDO). Turns out that seems to have been in my favor by a few days.
Happy for you, but I’m sure this will make some of us who reserved very early a bit crazy. I reserved online 10 minutes after the reveal and my dealer is so far clueless.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Happy for you, but I’m sure this will make some of us who reserved very early a bit crazy. I reserved online 10 minutes after the reveal and my dealer is so far clueless.
No need to rush or feel crazy. Just because the order was entered before yours is not what determines build priority. If you convert your order yourself or if the dealer does it for you, your reservation timestamp will stay with the order. Your reservation timestamp will determine your production sequence priority when the scheduling is finalized.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree that's a bummer for you. You really were early on, although my number was pretty low -- 3,055, if I'm decoding the sequence correctly.

And, although some have commented, we're not really sure how much a reservation number will drive a place in the production queue. For example, if you were to wait a while to confirm your order, would that jump you ahead? I don't know. Ford hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory by communicating the process details. This forum is great through. That's how I was able to "educate" my dealer and get my reservation converted quickly.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
No need to rush or feel crazy. Just because the order was entered before yours is not what determines build priority. If you convert your order yourself or if the dealer does it for you, your reservation timestamp will stay with the order. Your reservation timestamp will determine your production sequence priority when the scheduling is finalized.
Sure hope that holds true. Fingers crossed. Are you hearing anything about the ability to pick up a FE if you have a premium?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Where is this taking place? I have not received anything further from Ford.
I would guess many of us like myself will not hear anything until the 30th. Still no evidence that my small town dealership has installed Level 2 chargers which is another requirement.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not doubting you, and it certainly seems fair, but how did you find out about the process? One issue is obviously "how long" someone can hang around to convert a reservation and have that timestamp slot them into the queue.

There has to be some kind of drop-dead-date to hold an unconverted reservation in line. My guess is that it's whatever the production lead time is. We don't know what that is for the Mach-E, 8, 6, 12 weeks once production starts?
Sponsored