Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The vehicle is my personal vehicle. I don’t work for a dealer. I had to sign and date the order today. The dealer had my reservation number from when I reserved through them.

I had been told by the Mach E helpline that once a reservation was placed through a dealer, I couldn’t convert to the consumer online web system (aka WBDO). Turns out that seems to have been in my favor by a few days.
That actually answers some things. From what we can tell, the public was assigned reservation numbers > 4000. Yours was one of the earlier ones. That means yours is among those the dealers can practice with this week. The rest of us in the know can convert starting Friday. Emails tell the rest of the world they can convert starting next Tuesday.
Sponsored

Reactions: pb3

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
:) I am absolutely new. My question wasn't to doubt or challenge. It was to learn.

You've helped with that. Thank you.

BTW, @pb3, @hybrid2bev works for Ford in Michigan. He's been an amazing source of all the information he can get away with sharing with the rest of us.

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
My question is this? I reserved online not through a dealer. I have a Appt. With the dealer I chose online on Friday. I prefer to go in and set with the dealer and lock down my x plan pricing and no ADM before I commit to my dealer and put in my order. I this not going to be possible. I will not put in an order for a car unless I know the final price beforehand in writing.

vikramb92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021, Volt 2017, Ford Focus Electric 2013
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was told by the inventory manager at my dealership that all the reservation information for people that chose them while reserving was forwarded to them. Their dealership system was already up and running to place orders. He said he can place the order for me through the phone if I wanted him to. I'm slightly worried that if I go that route I might lose some kind of online tracking feature that might be available with place the order online so I held off.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yeah, I have heard it both ways too, so not surprised you have as well. The help line told me FCFS, but someone at Ford told me none would be available even if there are cancellations.
Can somebody post the helpline number again? Thanks.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's funny, but the helpline actually routes through the marketing dept. But it's the correct one:

800-334-4375

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
That actually answers some things. From what we can tell, the public was assigned reservation numbers > 4000. Yours was one of the earlier ones. That means yours is among those the dealers can practice with this week. The rest of us in the know can convert starting Friday. Emails tell the rest of the world they can convert starting next Tuesday.
In your last sentence I assume the 'rest of the world' you refer to means the US. Here in UK we haven't had any indication that we will be able to order next week

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
In your last sentence I assume the 'rest of the world' you refer to means the US. Here in UK we haven't had any indication that we will be able to order next week
I spoke to our friends at Ford UK Yesterday. Don’t have a clue when UK will start firming up orders. Could be weeks away, even months I was told !! Obviously US is their priority........

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I spoke to our friends at Ford UK Yesterday. Don’t have a clue when UK will start firming up orders. Could be weeks away, even months I was told !! Obviously US is their priority........
That's what I am assuming

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Apparently after our order is in we're supposed to get the following communication cadence:

Vehicle Status Updates That Will Be Automatically Emailed:
  • Order Confirmed
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Unscheduled
  • Week of Vehicle Production Scheduled
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Scheduled To Week
  • Vehicle Built (Inc. ETA Range estimate)
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Released
  • Vehicle On Its Way (Inc. ETA Range estimate)
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Shipped

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
My dealer has been very informative while he is learning about this with us. In talking with them yesterday, he gave me the same information as above. I will be receiving an email on the 30th to confirm. From the other forums, I saw that the cost actually went down about $600. I also do not plan on changing anything.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agree that's a bummer for you. You really were early on, although my number was pretty low -- 3,055, if I'm decoding the sequence correctly.
That's the lowest reservation number we've seen, @pb3. It appears to correspond with lower numbers we suspect were for dealer demos and test units but it seems dealer orders fall into the <4000 range as well.

As a reminder to folks, there are two reservation lists running around. The one @Moose prepared, for which I haven't seen an update since the end of March (attached) and the Google sheet version started by @DesertDrifter:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this the first 'confirmed' submitted order? P594nCynHpUm1lEma36ufRoRGgjVF5I8OhG-w=w1200-h630-

@pb3: Please add your information to the list (ditto other reservation holders) at
I've added a new column for the date the order is placed. This 3000 series number is unique information.

Attachments

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
That's the lowest reservation number we've seen, @pb3. It appears to correspond with lower numbers we suspect were for dealer demos and test units but it seems dealer orders fall into the <4000 range as well.

As a reminder to folks, there are two reservation lists running around. The one @Moose prepared, for which I haven't seen an update since the end of March (attached) and the Google sheet version started by @DesertDrifter (both on the Mach E Club):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this the first 'confirmed' submitted order? P594nCynHpUm1lEma36ufRoRGgjVF5I8OhG-w=w1200-h630-

@pb3: Please add your information to the list (ditto other reservation holders) at
I've added a new column for the date the order is placed. This 3000 series number is unique information.
Looks like I am at the top of both of those lists. We will see if that ends up meaning something.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

As a reminder to folks, there are two reservation lists running around. The one @Moose prepared, for which I haven't seen an update since the end of March (attached) and the Google sheet version started by @DesertDrifter (both on the Mach E Club):

Done.

Although I have to apologize to everyone. I was reading my reservation incorrectly and it's 10033055 not 3055 - which jives with the reservation date. Sorry for the inadvertent bad information on that.

Anyway, my order #0224 is correct as placed yesterday.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yeah, I have heard it both ways too, so not surprised you have as well. The help line told me FCFS, but someone at Ford told me none would be available even if there are cancellations.
Sponsored