John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If you're really in a rush to convert your reservation to an order, I hear the site is supposed to go live around 3 AM Friday (assuming no technical issues). ??
Eastern Time?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It would be nice to get an update email from Ford re: the GT phase of this later this year I assume.

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
#0224 K3R Mach-E Premium RWD (extended range)
Curious about confirmation of pricing... We all saw the MSRP posted earlier this week, but also a lot of chatter about ADM fees. Did you negotiate a price with your selected dealership? Is that in writing?

Yesterday I called Ford directly to ask what would be the process for switching dealerships if I want to negotiate with someone else. I was told that at the time we convert online I would have a chance to do so, but as he was reading from some sort of script/manual/instructions there was something to the effect that even the order conversion does not guarantee delivery or price!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Curious about confirmation of pricing... We all saw the MSRP posted earlier this week, but also a lot of chatter about ADM fees. Did you negotiate a price with your selected dealership? Is that in writing?

Yesterday I called Ford directly to ask what would be the process for switching dealerships if I want to negotiate with someone else. I was told that at the time we convert online I would have a chance to do so, but as he was reading from some sort of script/manual/instructions there was something to the effect that even the order conversion does not guarantee delivery or price!
I thought from what we saw earlier that the price would be displayed during the online process.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is this the first 'confirmed' submitted order? 1593095140011

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-deposit-conversion-detailed-for-dealers.616/

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Overall, my understanding is that price negotiation occurs between the buyer and dealer, notwithstanding what RRP is. Others with more knowledge please correct me.

For me, the dealer has committed to selling at the list price and stated there would be no ADM. That's on the signed order confirmation sheet.

He stated that they [the dealer] are not happy with the way Ford is launching the Mach-E - "there's virtually nothing in it for us". He intimated that they might use ADM after the initial reservation orders were dealt with.

At the time of my reservation he said he would honor the X-plan if Ford offered it. He confirmed that yesterday, saying that it didn't affect the dealer because the plan is funded by corporate. As yet, I don't know if I'll get the X-plan. At best it might cover the shipping and handling fee. Every little bit helps.

YMMV

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
He stated that they [the dealer] are not happy with the way Ford is launching the Mach-E - "there's virtually nothing in it for us". He intimated that they might use ADM after the initial reservation orders were dealt with.
So far, most dealers haven't had to do much work either. They all know the "what's in it" for them is in F&I and service. Of course, service income will go down on BEVs too.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

At the time of my reservation he said he would honor the X-plan if Ford offered it. He confirmed that yesterday, saying that it didn't affect the dealer because the plan is funded by corporate. As yet, I don't know if I'll get the X-plan. At best it might cover the shipping and handling fee. Every little bit helps.
My understanding of AZX Plans is that dealers can't charge marketing or other ADM fees on top of that. When a dealer accepts to honor the plan, it accepts the compensation to the dealer as set forth in that plan.
That makes sense. What's the point in getting confirmation that a dealer is willing to accept an X Plan if they're not willing to commit to no ADM? If the dealer can just charge you in ADM what you save on the plan (or more), it means nothing.

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, BMW 530e, Honda Clarity, Nissan 300ZX
Country flag
For those of you who had a dealer convert your reservation to an order, did your reservation status on the Ford website change? Mine still reads "In Progress" and has not changed to "Order Placed".

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If you're really in a rush to convert your reservation to an order, I hear the site is supposed to go live around 3 AM* Friday (assuming no technical issues). ??

*Edit: Assuming Eastern Daylight Time
Well, I got up at 4:15 (normally get up at 4:30) glad I did not get up at 3:00. Still no email, and logging into my FordPass account and reservation just showed me my reservation. No ability to convert reservation to order. :(

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Well, I got up at 4:15 (normally get up at 4:30) glad I did not get up at 3:00. Still no email, and logging into my FordPass account and reservation just showed me my reservation. No ability to convert reservation to order. :(
I get up for work at 4:30 eastern, so just checked and I also don't see anything.

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Maybe they are waiting for the help phone line to open since many people will probably have questions?
Sponsored