Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hmm, to think, I always thought the best 747 was an L-1011 ?. I kid, I kid….
The true name was "Tri-Star". All Lockheed airplanes has astronomical names.

Extra: Lockheed will have two vehicles with the same name. One is the famous storm chaser and the other will be the largest of the new space capsules .The name: Orion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
We wouldn't have bought this car if it weren't a "Mustang" and a 4 door. After she agreed to sell her old car, my wife wanted something "cool" and I doubt a blue oval badge would have fit the bill. (I was open to a Hyundai or a Kia electric but those were ruled out pretty immediately.)

And with young kids, 2 doors would have been an instant no-go also.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Went to my first big car meet with the Mach E, in fact it's one of the biggest Cars & Coffee events in the U.S...I've got to say, I've never owned a car that has gotten so much attention. That being said, a good amount of that attention was sadly, very negative. It's sad how much hate is shown to this car, especially from fellow Mustang owners.

How many of you have experienced this sort of hate on your Mach E?
A guy on the freeway rolled down his window, stuck out his thumb, and gave me the thumbs-down. It was hilarious. That’s the only hate I’ve gotten. Lots of positive attention. I guess I’ve been lucky.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The first 1964 Mustang didn't have a V8. In the late 1970s and early 1980s most Mustangs had 4 or 6 cylinders!
Not quite right. The first model year (1964.5) offered 3 engines: 170cid 6cyl and 260 and 289cid V-8s.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I was given an ultimatum by my wife. Either get an SUV to put my mountain bike into when I go to NC, or don't take my bike on my NC trips since it won't fit in my Fusion (and I'm not about to drive from FL to NC at 55mph with the bike on the rack on the Fusion).
You could have waited one more year because Ford will produce a Fusion wagon based on the Mondeo wagon sold in Europe. But I doubt it will be an electric.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Only one negative response so far but we have not taken it to any car shows. Me and my Wife just call it the Mach-E. If you want to call it a Mustang or not doesn’t matter to us either way!!

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's not that I'm annoyed that they complain about the name. I couldn't care less, in fact if Ford decided to call it the Edsel, I'd still have bought it. (Ok, maybe not the Edsel...) The name itself doesn't matter to me.

I bought the Mach E over the Model Y because I trust Ford and I think that the Model Y looks like a turtle on wheels.

No one knew it was my car, since I was sitting at my company tent next to it where there were other show-worthy cars. The stuff I heard was pretty much unfiltered. I got a ton of "Holy shit that's ugly" and a few variations of "this guy must've voted for Biden" or "fuckin' liberal". Heck, both of those statements are completely false.

When a car begins to be attached to a political belief, especially one as hate and violence filled as what we've seen this past year, things get a little annoying.
This car seems to bring out the worst in the car community, that's for sure.
I bought it so I can drive by gas stations for the rest of my life. Well, when I am in the MME…my other vehicle is a F250, and Gets about 14 mpg….
Up in Northern NY we get a fairly good deal on our electric rate. So overall, I will be saving money.
OBTW, I am a moderate and a fiscal conservative.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The first 1964 Mustang didn't have a V8. In the late 1970s and early 1980s most Mustangs had 4 or 6 cylinders!
I know that but the V8 guys looked at the Ecoboost poorly. It came with 315hp from the factory on 93 Octane. A few bolt-ons later and a Tune and it gets 350hp now. It is no GT but it is a lot of fun to drive!

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
That would sell.
Sadly, if made, it will not be sold in the US but Europe and elsewhere. Americans only buy small cars from Korean and Japanese automakers. ?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Yes for sure, but the 0-60 I was referring to was the 3.5 seconds in the GTPE. The 8250 redline in the Voodoo was sweet for sure, but the 7500+ in the Boss 302 with headers shot the adrenaline through the roof when blasting through the kink into Canada Corner at RA. It would have been fun if Ford gave us a ticket to Utah Motorsports Park like they did with those two Mustangs to experience what it could do on the track.
I also got a ticket to Utah Motorsport when I bought my Focus RS. The best part is, you get to shred THEIR cars' tires. GTPE owners should get a ticket as well...maybe they will when UM gets their hands on some? I'll take a post-dated invite!

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
I also got a ticket to Utah Motorsport when I bought my Focus RS. The best part is, you get to shred THEIR cars' tires. GTPE owners should get a ticket as well...maybe they will when UM gets their hands on some? I'll take a post-dated invite!
It's kind of like having grandkids. You get to have fun with them and hand them back when you're done :)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I can't wait to see the conflicted look on peoples faces when they call me a liberal for owning an EV and then I tell them I own a firearms business.
Charter Arms Bulldog in the door pocket?
Sponsored