Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone have any idea when parts will be available for,the 21/22 battery problem?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
“Soon”.
But honestly, no. Nobody knows.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Anyone have any idea when parts will be available for,the 21/22 battery problem?
I have my part on hold at the dealer. All I had to do was have mine fail... Try it! 🤣

I have no idea though if the recall will be a different part, nor do I care. Car goes in Monday (delayed a week due to mechanic being out sick), and I hope to get it back by Tuesday.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The recall notices are due to be mailed out beginning October 30th. Perhaps they may contain some new information as to when parts will be available and recall can be scheduled.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
As my Ford BEV Rep told me, my HVBJB connector (which I know they mean contactor, and likely 2nd design) arrived Wednesday and will be installed Friday or Monday. I hope Friday but not getting my hopes up.

I wish for a more robust 3rd design though.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Glad I didn't get my hopes up. Received word that they had to order additional parts which should arrive Tuesday. 😔

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad I didn't get my hopes up. Received word that they had to order additional parts which should arrive Tuesday. 😔
Did your HVBJB fail recently?

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not recently but it did a year ago. They dropped the battery and replaced something. Sounds like the part was not sufficient and I’ll be out of a car for another week

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The recall notices are due to be mailed out beginning October 30th. Perhaps they may contain some new information as to when parts will be available and recall can be scheduled.
they said “When parts become available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge parts and labor.”

My guess is, I think many of us will be lucky to get it done 1st qtr next year.

hope I am wrong

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Did your HVBJB fail recently?
Yes, on Friday the 13th of Oct. It was the drivable failure variant. Been in for service since 18 Oct.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
they said “When parts become available, Ford Motor Company will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge parts and labor.”

My guess is, I think many of us will be lucky to get it done 1st qtr next year.

hope I am wrong
Ford’s letter to the dealers stated what you mentioned about about customer notification. Ford’s letter to the NHTSA stated they expected the letters to go out to owners beginning Oct 30 and finished by Nov 10th. Whether that happens or not I do not know but that is the date Ford gave in their document.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford’s letter to the dealers stated what you mentioned about about customer notification. Ford’s letter to the NHTSA stated they expected the letters to go out to owners beginning Oct 30 and finished by Nov 10th. Whether that happens or not I do not know but that is the date Ford gave in their document.
What I mentioned came from the recall site that listed the HVBJB recall. Is that considered what Ford sent to the dealers? Because when I look at it , it says, your vehicle, meaning my vehicle and therefore written to me.

I can’t imaging they will have manufactured 30k new units by Oct 30

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What I mentioned came from the recall site that listed the HVBJB recall. Is that considered what Ford sent to the dealers? Because when I look at it , it says, your vehicle, meaning my vehicle and therefore written to me.

I can’t imaging they will have manufactured 30k new units by Oct 30
The NHTSA recall site has the letter Ford sent to their dealers placing a hold on sales (doubt there are many left in stock.) It also makes the statement you mentioned. Then there is a copy of the letter from Ford to the NHTSA in which Ford states they intend to send letters out to owners beginning on Oct 30th. I do not know of any other official Ford information other than those two letters. I have no idea on when parts will be available and I believe there is a big assumption that it is a “new” part that will be released for the recall. I would not mind if it turned out to be true but I have my doubts.
Sponsored