Unfortunate Situation - battery junction box went.

Khort95

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Two nights ago I was driving home on the highway and my Mach E GT Performance dashboard displayed the service vehicle soon alert followed by the car with explanation point in the middle. I just had my car serviced by ford too the day before. So my car went into limp or turtle mode, and my FordPass app said I had a high voltage battery warning and a power train warning. I was able to get it to my local ford dealership the next day, and they ran diagnostics and discovered that my battery junction box went. I only have 11k miles on the car. Just in case anyone else experiences this, I have attached pictures below. This part is of course on a major back order so Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll get it back :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unfortunate Situation -  battery junction box went. 917D38DE-8D51-441E-ACD2-657465A7E63E
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unfortunate Situation -  battery junction box went. 3A08581B-2511-4A13-8695-57D055374DFB

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Lol join the club. Hopefully they fix it quickly.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
You are now a member of a not too exclusive club for MME owners. :cool:
not exclusive at all since the first 50,000 Mach-es are ALL at risk. I just hope that Ford Corporate can streamline the process of getting replacement parts to Dealerships as soon as the SVS Alert is thrown. Maybe a remote verification of the DTC to kickstart the process ?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Two nights ago I was driving home on the highway and my Mach E GT Performance dashboard displayed the service vehicle soon alert followed by the car with explanation point in the middle. I just had my car serviced by ford too the day before. So my car went into limp or turtle mode, and my FordPass app said I had a high voltage battery warning and a power train warning. I was able to get it to my local ford dealership the next day, and they ran diagnostics and discovered that my battery junction box went. I only have 11k miles on the car. Just in case anyone else experiences this, I have attached pictures below. This part is of course on a major back order so Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll get it back :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unfortunate Situation -  battery junction box went. 3A08581B-2511-4A13-8695-57D055374DFB
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

I would hope that by now the @Ford Motor Company team would figure out a way to check the FordPass Database daily for new 'ServiceVehicleSoon' Alerts.... you've got the VINs and Owner Contact info all loaded up already ! How sweet it would be to get the FordPass team to flag accounts with new alerts and toss the VIN and Owner contact info to the BEV team for resolution.

It would be GREAT if there were a proactive response to verify DTC via remote FDRS, set up a case#, assign a customer service rep, and get a replacement HVBJB shipped the day after an Alert pops up.

....rather than being a worrisome time sucking abyss waiting for an appointment at a Dealership to verify the DTC, wait for a case number, wait again while they figure out how to order the part, and wait again for a Service appointment to do the work.
Sponsored