Memache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 e-tron
Country flag
I wonder what the ranges of range mean (e.g. range in the city is 480km-739km). I thought WLTP was, like EPA, a single number for the driving scenario.
i think it depends on the battery pack. 480km is the SR AWD and 739 is the ER RWD. Just 1 guide for all the models. The car I had an ride allong in was displaying 18.0 km/kWh average during a time of 1.5 hours of driving (couldn’t see a distance), that was theER AWD.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
So how should I enter the figure into A Better Route Planner? What does the highway figure of 84 MPGe work out to in wh/mi or mi/kWh?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E EPA Ratings Revealed in Window Sticker! {filename}

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
So roughly 240-250 miles on road trips. Plenty of range between DC chargers and, if that's not enough, slow down 5 MPH and stretch the range if that's necessary. For local driving lots of excess capacity.

I was actually hoping for marginally more but you can't have everything and it wouldn't actually matter. So there is that.

Will be interesting to see the RWD numbers.
It's on the Ford website right now.

Reactions: DBC

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
i think it depends on the battery pack. 480km is the SR AWD and 739 is the ER RWD. Just 1 guide for all the models. The car I had an ride allong in was displaying 18.0 km/kWh average during a time of 1.5 hours of driving (couldn’t see a distance), that was theER AWD.
duh, thanks

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Hmmm, exactly 270. That suspicious, very suspicious. ? I wonder what their adjustment factor was. How high could they have made it, OR did they go higher/lower than Tesla does to get that number? ?

I wonder if they could have gone higher.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So how should I enter the figure into A Better Route Planner? What does the highway figure of 84 MPGe work out to in wh/mi or mi/kWh?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E EPA Ratings Revealed in Window Sticker! 1605898739983

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E EPA Ratings Revealed in Window Sticker! 1605898739983

MPGe is provided with low precision, so these are your low-precision conversions of those numbers:

96 MPGe = 350 Wh/mi city
84 MPGe = 400 Wh/mi highway

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
You could dispense with that and simply select the Mach E and specify the drive and battery size. The Mach E is in the app.

If you want to calculate yourself, the City/Highway ratio is 2:1 and in my experience the highway number will be a good approximation of what most people will get freeway driving. Keep in mind that MPGe is from the wall not from the battery.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmmm, exactly 270. That suspicious, very suspicious. ? I wonder what their adjustment factor was. How high could they have made it, OR did they go higher/lower than Tesla does to get that number? ?
That or they tweaked the buffer size to match the targeted range, knowing that they can always decrease it later as they get more data on battery and performance - EXACTLY as Tesla has done.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That or they tweaked the buffer size to match the targeted range, knowing that they can always decrease it later as they get more data on battery and performance - EXACTLY as Tesla has done.
I seriously doubt this is what happened, since they are consistently reporting the same usable capacity for months now.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag

I wonder if they could have gone higher.
They knew the number long ago. The test, if there was one, just confirmed it.

If you can go 200 miles you're good. Chargers are 150 miles apart, and unless you can go 350 miles and skip one, you're pretty well stuck with stopping. Even if you could skip one you wouldn't save any time. You'd just have to wait twice as long at the second charger to charge a battery which is twice as large. The 150 kW charging is more important than extra range.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I seriously doubt this is what happened, since they are consistently reporting the same usable capacity for months now.
right - they also knew what the EPA number would come out to months ago

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
So has anyone with a car that has already been built been able to pull back their window sticker??
Was a link or website published where we can find this information? Or do we need to get it from our dealer?

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
For Extended Range Premium:

Looks like they did hit the 270 mark exactly then for the AWD-EX models. More interested in real world reports after delivery though.
Awesome! Nice to see the actual info! A Premium, AWD, Extended Battery... and in Rapid Red... I may have to go with that color... just not sure. Thanks for sharing!!!