MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
if you're a North American customer and really like the red calipers, there is always red caliper paint or something like MGP Caliper Covers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't know the correct word, either. For now, I call them "wheel lips." :) In reality, they probably use a boring phrase such as "wheel well molding" or "wheel fender trim."
Ford calls them wheel lip moldings

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think so but it's a pre prod model so it's not necessaraly the reel thing.
Yes, it's a EU AWD model. They have red calipers. The AWD is the EU/UK equivalent to the Premium. Fastned is a European charging company.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes exactly and many You Tube videos like the ones by Bjorn Nyland confirms that, and BTW Teslas have a preconditionning system to cool down the battery when approching a Supercharger station has long has it was set in the nav system I believe.
That makes sense, but it's a little different thing than whether the charge curve is dynamic or static. It's logical that it would precondition. I just don't know whether the charge curve tapering profile changes based on real-time battery temp monitoring. If it does, then one vehicle could have many different charge curve profiles.

Do we typically hear of many different charge curve taper profiles for the same vehicle?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That makes sense, but it's a little different thing than whether the charge curve is dynamic or static. It's logical that it would precondition. I just don't know whether the charge curve tapering profile changes based on real-time battery temp monitoring. If it does, then one vehicle could have many different charge curve profiles.

Do we typically hear of many different charge curve taper profiles for the same vehicle?
I think it is quite likely charge curves vary based on a number of environmental and car state conditions.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I think it is quite likely charge curves vary based on a number of environmental and car state conditions.
I would bet that they are calibrated much the same way the fuel tables, spark, injector PWM, etc. is calibrated on an ICE engine.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
And it costs a lot less than $3600 like some of us ended up being stuck paying. ?
I wonder what 4 red mgp calipers, a couple of "First Edition" replacement sill guard trim, a bit of a dashboard wrap and painted wheel well flares would cost? Not that I'm suggesting anyone go faux First Edition.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Remember the "curve" is set by Ford and they can change it, any time they like. If they think the batteries are doing better and don't show as much degradation, they can crank up the speed. But, if the batteries aren't doing as well as expected, they can flatten that curve down to save you from yourself.
Talk to Tesla MS P85 drivers about being throttled at Superchargers. I'm sure Ford will be doing a lot of tweaking at first but nothing huge for a couple of years while they collect data.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
yup; I hope ford has thought to copy this strategy
Someone from the Ford team said something odd about the pre-conditioning. I understood it that the MME doesn't precondition before rapid charging, per se. Instead, it's just always at an optimal temperature when it's on the road or something like that. I still don't know what that all means or how it works exactly, so I'm looking forward to learning more.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
That 121 kw is at the charger, not necessarily at the battery... It's quite possible that a fair chunk of that power is going to warm or cool the battery, especially as this apparently is quite early in the charge cycle. You need to see the screen on the car to see how many mph it's charging at. I'm not saying the car isn't charging at 121 kw, but I am saying there is no way to know from that screenshot.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Someone from the Ford team said something odd about the pre-conditioning. I understood it that the MME doesn't precondition before rapid charging, per se. Instead, it's just always at an optimal temperature when it's on the road or something like that. I still don't know what that all means or how it works exactly, so I'm looking forward to learning more.
Well from what you are saying I would simply translate that has the MME battery cooling/heating system is always trying to keep the battery at hit's optimal operating temp.
Sponsored