Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Occupation
Professor
Country flag
EVgo expands Plug and Charge capabilities

"US public charging network EVgo has announced an expansion of its Plug and Charge capabilities via its new Autocharge+ technology. Previously, owners of Plug and Charge capable GM EVs could utilize the feature on the EVgo network, but that opportunity is now available for drivers of plenty other EVs, including Ford...."
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Has anyone been able to add this yet?

I updated my app and followed their directions, but I don't see an option to add "Autocharge+". This is good news but they've somehow found a more complicated way than Fordpass to add plug and charge.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Has anyone been able to add this yet?

I updated my app and followed their directions, but I don't see an option to add "Autocharge+". This is good news but they've somehow found a more complicated way than Fordpass to add plug and charge.
Yeah, I "requested enrollment" But the first step to activate enrollment after you request is to do a fast charge at an EVGo station through the app one last time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E gains Plug & Charge capability at EVgo 1663858082028

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Just FYI, I had to use the app on an iOS device to request Autocharge+. My Android device hasn't seen any EVgo app updates since the end of August, so I'm guessing they're behind with that.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
This is great news. Don't forget to update your app before you enroll

This post took me down a rabbit hole. I enrolled my car and I somehow stumbled into pricing and they had a drop-down to pick different states. I started checking them and most states seem to charge by the minute vs kW. The idea of this seems crazy to me. I went to a 150kW charger the other day and it was only charging at 40kW. Not a huge deal because I am paying per kW and was not in a hurry, but would be pissed if it was an EVGo in another state where I have to pay a session fee and time. Then I have to go through the hassle of calling customer service to complain to get my money back for the prior session.

Is this as big of a PITA as it seems?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
It is currently a state law in Massachusetts that chargers can only price at a per min rate, and not per kWh.
I think EA has it separated out into < 90 kW is one price, and > 90Kw is a higher price.
You can usually come out ahead vs. the per kWh pricing (as long as the charger is fully working).

It has something to do with utility companies being the only ones who can set electricity prices and existed before DCFC was a thing?

I think it's gradually going away (state by state), and I expect Massachusetts would eventually repeal that piece of legislation as well.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
EA charges by the minute in about 10 states. That rate is about 1/2 the EA per kWh rate, since you get about 1.6 - 1.7 kWh per minute up to 80%.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My Bolt is already enrolled and works. I had to delete my Mach E from the EVGO account, then re-add it in order to set up the request. I may try to activate it later today.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I have yet to successfully get an EVgo charger to initiate a charge. They’re slow and never work well around me. I also can’t stand having to use an app. I just want it to work or let me pay. Not force me into an app.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I enrolled and then stopped at an EV charger, started session with app and then plugged in and enrollment was verified

the EV chargers near me were just updated a few weeks ago

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I went by an EVGO charger today and tried it, but the EVGO app just kept crashing, so I could not even try to set it up.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I will have to set this up for the wifes car. She may be going on a road trip and it would be handy for her to have it if so.

Jim_In_Mass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
This thread is yet another good reason to keep this forum on an open tab in my browser.
Downloaded the app, and went thru all the preliminaries - now to find an EVgo charger and finish the setup.
I'm going on a weekend trip (first overnight with the Mach-E!) and the only fast charger on the Cape is EVgo. So, hopefully this will work as advertised.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This thread is yet another good reason to keep this forum on an open tab in my browser.
Downloaded the app, and went thru all the preliminaries - now to find an EVgo charger and finish the setup.
I'm going on a weekend trip (first overnight with the Mach-E!) and the only fast charger on the Cape is EVgo. So, hopefully this will work as advertised.
The EV Go charger is at the cape cod mall. I used it when I was there in late July. Only fast chargers around from what I could tell

worked ok but wasn’t particularly fast if I recall
Sponsored

Last edited: