Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve had very few issues honestly.

PAAK is occasionally glitchy, but 98% of the time it works just as advertised.

DCFC? Works fine. I had one powertrain red icon during my first DCFC. It failed and I disconnected. I had read here that this was an occasional issue. I called Greenlots and they subsequently took the station down for mx. The powertrain warning was a transient thing went away and has never returned.

One missing CarPlay icon after one start. Nothing else was affected. It returned after I returned with my groceries. One time occurrence, never to be seen again.

The range is good, I’m averaging 3.7 miles/kWh. A bit misleading as I live in the side of a volcano, but it’s still quite good.

Seats are comfortable even with my aching back and damn this thing is quiet.

Quite happy with it.

Are some cars having problems? Yup, of course. But the vast majority of those will get resolved successfully and relatively quickly.
Sponsored

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Howzit! Sounds like you up in Waimea. How did you get your MME so soon. I’m not the biggest fan of hi tech but that being said. I am looking for my next forever car and I want a EV. I am looking into T Model Y and now the VW ID4. This forum does scare me some. I would like to hear more from you as time goes. Mahalo!

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
CarPlay works most of the time without issue. There are usually at least two of us in the car with two iPhones. CarPlay usually defaults to my phone. When it works (90% of the time) it connects quickly and flawlessly. When it falls off the rails, it is pretty near impossible to get it to work. I have driven all the way home alone in the car with no CarPlay because it just won't connect (but only a few times). Once when it wouldn't connect over the air, I even plugged in the usb cable to see if that would help, it didn't. My older i3 had similar issues and rates of carplay failure, so I'm assuming that this one is Apple's and not Ford's fault.
Latest ota from Ford broke Apple CarPlay for me. Apple’s iOS update before 14.6 broke it as well. iOS 14.6 fixed it.

Dale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X Carbonized and 2020 Raptor Leadfoot
Country flag
As I can tell from joining this forum there are a lot of different issues with the Mach E.

I know with a new model of car there are going to be some issues but there seems to be an inordinate amount of issues with this vehicle.

I would like to hear from some owners that have had the vehicle for several months or more that have used and understand the tech in the vehicle.

Not using the tech like PAAK and dismissing the issues with this feature because you don't really like tech is not really a positive for the vehicle.

The last post I read with the car dying on the gentleman coming down a mountain is a serious issue.

Parts availability for the gentleman with the accident is unacceptable!

CarPlay? Does it, or does it not work all of the time?

I really want to purchase this car but every time I come on here there's another issue.

Someone with some time/miles on this car, who likes and knows tech, tell me something good.

In the end, these EVs are computers driving electric motors. The reliability of the tech is the heart of the car.

Have had mine for a couple of months now. The PAAK is really the only 'Glitch' I had in the beginning. I did have the recall performed when it became available to address this and it seems to work fine now. I have also tested leaving it unplugged for over a week at a time as I travel for work with no battery drain issues either. (I never had that early issue). So far I'm an MME fan. I owned a 2020 Mustang GT & 2020 Explorer ST...of which I sold both and bought this. I'm still convinced for my own application that it was a great decision for me. The only thing I wish I could have done different is pencil up the deal for a GT Performance......however that's not available yet and I was impatient.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
As I can tell from joining this forum there are a lot of different issues with the Mach E.

I know with a new model of car there are going to be some issues but there seems to be an inordinate amount of issues with this vehicle.

I would like to hear from some owners that have had the vehicle for several months or more that have used and understand the tech in the vehicle.

Not using the tech like PAAK and dismissing the issues with this feature because you don't really like tech is not really a positive for the vehicle.

The last post I read with the car dying on the gentleman coming down a mountain is a serious issue.

Parts availability for the gentleman with the accident is unacceptable!

CarPlay? Does it, or does it not work all of the time?

I really want to purchase this car but every time I come on here there's another issue.

Someone with some time/miles on this car, who likes and knows tech, tell me something good.

In the end, these EVs are computers driving electric motors. The reliability of the tech is the heart of the car.
Almost 7000 miles and 5 months. Great Car. Have used PAAK since the beginning with little trouble. CarPlay works without a hitch. I have no complaints except my hood has taken a beating from rocks thrown from semis. My commute is 20 miles each way with 12 miles of interstate. Just love driving my baby.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2 months and clocked about 5500 miles so far. I have very occasional PaaK disconnects which are typically resolved by opening the app. Works right the vast majority of the time and I have left the fob at home since day 1.

No issues with CarPlay or anything else. Fit and finish is miles ahead of my previous two vehicles, both Teslas. Build quality was the main reason I left Tesla so I’m very pleased there.

The Mach-e is tied with my old turbo 2000 MR2 Spyder (turbocharged it myself) for my favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned some interesting ones.

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Forget PaaK. I've gotten into the habit of carrying the one keydongle that came with the car because PaaK is so unreliable. And yesterday, the passenger door wouldn't open, even though I had the actual key in my pocket. I took the key out of my pocket, showed it to the car, and it still wouldn't open. My hubby had to open the door from the inside.

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve had mine for 4 1/2 months and have zero issues. I did buy a second key fob before I took ownership due to the PAAK issues people were having on this forum. I’ll use PAAK after Ford gets it working reliably.

Reactions: FME

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Forget PaaK. I've gotten into the habit of carrying the one keydongle that came with the car because PaaK is so unreliable. And yesterday, the passenger door wouldn't open, even though I had the actual key in my pocket. I took the key out of my pocket, showed it to the car, and it still wouldn't open. My hubby had to open the door from the inside.

Since I got the car in April the key fob has never left the drawer at home. I've use PAAK exclusively.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Since I got the car in April the key fob has never left the drawer at home. I've use PAAK exclusively.
May I ask what phone you use? Maybe some of this is phone compatibility? and also for those upthread who have had little to no problem with PaaK working. Thanks much!

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
May I ask what phone you use? Maybe some of this is phone compatibility? and also for those upthread who have had little to no problem with PaaK working. Thanks much!
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-EX California Route 1
Occupation
Director of Operations
Country flag
3 months and a bit over 4K miles in and I’m loving my car. Yes there are some small glitches such as the car not always immediately recognizing my phone and I have to ’wake it up’. Yes I haven’t yet received the latest software version even though my car tells me I’m up to date. Yes I’ve had a few other issues here and there but nothing that anyone who buys a brand new model of something high tech shouldn’t expect. All of these issues should be fixable as the software improves and all of these issues are forgotten as I drive thru traffic in a car that is quick, smoothe, powerful and beautifully designed.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Still no issues after 10,000 km. PAAK is not perfect but there's always a walk around; either the FOB or the code to enter and start the car.
Sponsored