Status
Not open for further replies.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Again, it depends on what Porsche gives you for $80k.

I can almost guarantee it won’t be GTPE level performance and features at that price.

You can buy a base Taycan right now for $86k.

I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone cross shopping the base Taycan and the GTPE.
Taycan is a different body type. Heck a model Y performance is fugly from the outside but at 73k in terms of acceleration it’s a steal vs 78k GTPE
Sponsored

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
how is this post "MACH E vs MACAN"?

it is just "Macan EV info" ... there is not a single bit of comparison. Nice.

The click bait titles are so trashy. Have some pride.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
how is this post "MACH E vs MACAN"?

it is just "Macan EV info" ... there is not a single bit of comparison. Nice.

The click bait titles are so trashy. Have some pride.
It's how I title all the competition threads. Admin is free to modify it. The thread is intended to foster comparative discussions to the Mach E.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
But some might cross shop a Macan EV and the GTPE, similar size. Like I said before there will not be any 5 sec limit on acceleration with the Macan and you can probably floor the car 10 times without any issues.

can’t say the same with the MME and if the diff is 10k, well we will have to see
No 5 sec limit?

All the Porsche EVs have a power boost limit now! Even the article referenced it:

“The firm did not comment on whether an ‘overboost’ function – offered on the Taycan Turbo S to temporarily raise power and torque to 751bhp and 774lb ft – will also be available on the Macan EV.”

Sure, if you can get similar performance and features for only a $10k difference……. Sign me up!

I’m just not expecting that based on how Porsche prices their other vehicles.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Taycan is a different body type. Heck a model Y performance is fugly from the outside but at 73k in terms of acceleration it’s a steal vs 78k GTPE
In terms of acceleration, yeah the Y performance and 3 performance are some of the best bang/buck out there.

But they don’t handle as well, don’t brake as well, are ugly on the outside and bland on the inside.

Yeah, Taycan won’t be cross shopped as much and a Macan EV, but the point was comparing the price of the base Taycan to the GTPE…… just really isn’t cross shopped much. The real world price difference with similar features and performance is $20k plus.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
You will have to buy the GTS and up to get the 0-60 of the GT/PE is my guess. Base Macan will get roasted by the GTs. But all will ride and handle better , that's a given.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s ugly as sin. Of course, to me, every Porsche is ugly as sin. It may have wonderful specs, but cars also have to evoke emotion, and the emotion porches induce in me is the sudden urge to projectile vomit.
Curious if you have driven one and if so which one?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Curious if you have driven one and if so which one?
Does riding in one count? I’ve never driven one, but ridden in them as a passenger. A friend had a Boxter (which I understand is looked down upon by Porsche purists, but seemed fun as passenger with the top down (I like convertibles). I’ve also ridden in one of the SUVs a few times. I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you which one. To be honest, it was a generic European luxury SUV interior. Nothing struck me as very unique or distinctive. The only thing I recall about it is that the predominant collar was saddle brown.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does riding in one count? I’ve never driven one, but ridden in them as a passenger. A friend had a Boxter (which I understand is looked down upon by Porsche purists, but seemed fun as passenger with the top down (I like convertibles). I’ve also ridden in one of the SUVs a few times. I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you which one. To be honest, it was a generic European luxury SUV interior. Nothing struck me as very unique or distinctive. The only thing I recall about it is that the predominant collar was saddle brown.
If you’re looking down on Porsche interiors, what does it take to impress you?

The interior of my neighbors Cayenne Hybrid is pretty amazing. Only thing I don’t like is that I have to hit the shiatsu massage button every 10 minutes to restart the massage.

max8176

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have always like the Macan and seriously interested in one. If they are not coming out with an EV version I probably would have bought an ICE version already. I am also thinking about the EQE and Q6.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have always liked Porsche, but never owned one. I have tried configuring them to my taste on the Porsche web site, which is next level compared to what you can do with Ford and other car manufacturers. The problem is, as others have noted, every little option you add increases the price significantly. And when I compare my final specification it to the competition, it becomes hard for me to justify getting one. It isn't just me buying it, I need to get my wife to agree. :oops:

I notice cars as I drive. And I always notice a Porsche. A few months ago I saw a Boxer coming the other way on a rough city street. There were two people in the car: a woman driving, and a man, both dressed in suits. She hit a bump and it looked like the two of them hit their heads on the ceiling of the car. I cracked up, it was so hilarious.

I have NEVER had that happen in my MME, which we all complain about being bouncy. Maybe that Boxer didn't have an active suspension, because it was bouncing like crazy.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have always liked Porsche, but never owned one. I have tried configuring them to my taste on the Porsche web site, which is next level compared to what you can do with Ford and other car manufacturers. The problem is, as others have noted, every little option you add increases the price significantly. And when I compare my final specification it to the competition, it becomes hard for me to justify getting one. It isn't just me buying it, I need to get my wife to agree. :oops:

I notice cars as I drive. And I always notice a Porsche. A few months ago I saw a Boxer coming the other way on a rough city street. There were two people in the car: a woman driving, and a man, both dressed in suits. She hit a bump and it looked like the two of them hit their heads on the ceiling of the car. I cracked up, it was so hilarious.

I have NEVER had that happen in my MME, which we all complain about being bouncy. Maybe that Boxer didn't have an active suspension, because it was bouncing like crazy.
Yes Porsches can be rough but even a 911 is a good comfort car but yes they are stiff, better comparison to the MME is the Macan. Same size and there is no comparison (Macan is much better) in many ways including potential price with extras.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If you’re looking down on Porsche interiors, what does it take to impress you?

The interior of my neighbors Cayenne Hybrid is pretty amazing. Only thing I don’t like is that I have to hit the shiatsu massage button every 10 minutes to restart the massage.
I wasn’t “looking down” on it. I am most certainly NOT the demographic Porsche (and other European Luxury brands) are aiming for. Sure, the interiors are very nice. Am I willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on one of those vehicles? Certainly not. And yes, to me, a Porsche is ugly, just as a Tesla is ugly. I’m not going to apologize because my sense of taste is different than some else’s.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wasn’t “looking down” on it. I am most certainly NOT the demographic Porsche (and other European Luxury brands) are aiming for. Sure, the interiors are very nice. Am I willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on one of those vehicles? Certainly not. And yes, to me, a Porsche is ugly, just as a Tesla is ugly. I’m not going to apologize because my sense of taste is different than some else’s.
“Ugly” is just personal preference. But no one was judging you for that.

It was this comment you made that’s the head scratcher; “To be honest, it was a generic European luxury SUV interior. Nothing struck me as very unique or distinctive.”

It’s not exactly a compliment.

I’m not saying you should buy one, but you may want to sit in a newer one to revise your perspective on their interiors.

Give credit where credit is due.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.