Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if the Discount amounts are a coincidence? Hmmmmm.
Could be related to the Mach-E, but more likely the Model Y. When you factor in the $7500 tax rebate, the lower optioned Jags are selling pretty close to the Y in terms of net cost. I know which dash I'd rather stare at for an hour a day.
Sponsored

Scufflegrit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Have not seen any significant discounts on the 2020 model year. The major ones are for the 2019 ones, and it ranges from $20-25k. When I compared, the low end I-Pace (AWD 230mile range) was $72k => $47k.
The 2019's must have already gotten snagged around here, but I've seen discounts around $10k on the 2020's. Edmunds.com shows about $10k below list is a fair price here.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I've also been considering getting a 2020 I-Pace due to the discounts and the 0% interest. Some of these are getting discounted close enough to the price of the Premium Extended Range AWD to really question the Mach-E.
Thatā€™s what I found. The I-Pace price was very close to the ME I reserved. At that point, after the test drive, it was an easy decision for me.

Itā€™s amazing how many compliments Iā€™m getting on the car. Many have never seen one before and others never knew Jaguar made a BEV.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
There are 2019 I-Paces going for more than $20,000 off the MSRP. However there is no deals for financing from Jag for this model year while Jag offers 0% on the 2020 models.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
The 2019's must have already gotten snagged around here, but I've seen discounts around $10k on the 2020's. Edmunds.com shows about $10k below list is a fair price here.
Lots of 2019's in SoCal if you want to travel. More 2019's than 2020's that I can see looking at dealer inventory out here. Aren't we almost at 2021 models?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Lots of 2019's in SoCal if you want to travel. More 2019's than 2020's that I can see looking at dealer inventory out here. Aren't we almost at 2021 models?
exactly. How long have those cars been sitting on the lot without any battery conditioning?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
exactly. How long have those cars been sitting on the lot without any battery conditioning?
Good point and thatā€™s a discussion we had on the I-Pace forum. My contention was that in terms of aging, capacity, ability to hold a charge, etc., it was the number of charge/discharge cycles that was most critical. Also important was how often you used DC charging like I did with my MS. Less important was how long a car sits on a lot idle and unused. That was pretty clear from my 3 years on the Tesla forum and multiple discussions on this subject.

I also suggested that even if the battery had become somewhat compromised sitting there idle, a few charge-discharge cycles should bring it back to full or near full capacity. At a $20,000 discount you can absorb a temporary slight loss of capacity (and depreciation). Remember, you are covered by the full battery warranty either way.

So that brings me to my actual case. My I-Pace was sitting on the lot for literally a year. I had the dealer do a SoH (state of health) check on the battery which checks out precisely these things through the carā€™s diagnostics. Itā€™s the same equipment they use when checking out battery issues. I wanted that prior to my final commitment.

They ran the check and my salesman presented me with a very detailed, multiple page report with my Vin #, that checked on the health of the overall battery as well as each cell. Very impressive. Each of the 36 cells checked out with a SoH of 100%. I would have been fine with anything in the low to mid 90s since I was confident a few charge cycles would bring it back. The sales guy was unusually knowledgeable about BEVs and agreed with what I had come to learn about BEV batteries. He claimed it matched his experience to the T.

Iā€™m now routinely showing 258 miles on a full charge. I suspect that my actual range will be closer to 240-250, but weā€™ll see. Through software updates, Jaguar has increased the range on the vehicle much like Tesla has done. A guy in California that I called, who Iā€™ve become friendly with on the forum, told me he routinely gets 270-280 miles driving in Eco mode.

Anyone seriously considering this car, not to worry, any dealer should be able to do these tests. :)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good point and thatā€™s a discussion we had on the I-Pace forum. My contention was that in terms of aging, capacity, ability to hold a charge, etc., it was the number of charge/discharge cycles that was most critical. Also important was how often you used DC charging like I did with my MS. Less important was how long a car sits on a lot idle and unused. That was pretty clear from my 3 years on the Tesla forum and multiple discussions on this subject.

I also suggested that even if the battery had become somewhat compromised sitting there idle, a few charge-discharge cycles should bring it back to full or near full capacity. At a $20,000 discount you can absorb a temporary slight loss of capacity (and depreciation). Remember, you are covered by the full battery warranty either way.

So that brings me to my actual case. My I-Pace was sitting on the lot for literally a year. I had the dealer do a SoH (state of health) check on the battery which checks out precisely these things through the carā€™s diagnostics. Itā€™s the same equipment they use when checking out battery issues. I wanted that prior to my final commitment.

They ran the check and my salesman presented me with a very detailed, multiple page report with my Vin #, that checked on the health of the overall battery as well as each cell. Very impressive. Each of the 36 cells checked out with a SoH of 100%. I would have been fine with anything in the low to mid 90s since I was confident a few charge cycles would bring it back. The sales guy was unusually knowledgeable about BEVs and agreed with what I had come to learn about BEV batteries. He claimed it matched his experience to the T.

Iā€™m now routinely showing 258 miles on a full charge. I suspect that my actual range will be closer to 240-250, but weā€™ll see. Through software updates, Jaguar has increased the range on the vehicle much like Tesla has done. A guy in California that I called, who Iā€™ve become friendly with on the forum, told me he routinely gets 270-280 miles driving in Eco mode.

Anyone seriously considering this car, not to worry, any dealer should be able to do these tests. :)
Interesting. Good to know the batteries aren't harmed by being idle for so long. I guess that means no phantom drain also? Or did the dealer routinely charge it?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tim, I'm really not 100% yet on phantom drain. I know phantom drain is and was a real issue with Tesla. It was not unusual for me to lose 3 miles a day with the car sitting in the garage. Yet my wife's Honda Clarity that we traded for her Lexus ES300h, never seemed to lose anything sitting in the garage. Of course the battery in the Clarity was tiny compared to the I-Pace/Tesla/ME. So phantom drain might be proportional to battery size and how deeply the car goes to 'sleep'. I know with Tesla it was constantly being pinged by the 'mother ship' and I'm sure that contributed to phantom drain.

However, at least thus far, I haven't seen any phantom drain from my I-Pace, but it's too early. I'll report back when I've got more time under my belt. I'm sure there's got to be some.

Totally unrelated, the 800+ watt Meridian sound system in the I-Pace is the best I've ever heard. Truly amazing. There's also a lower output Meridian system in other I-Paces, but I haven't heard that. I'm sure it too is excellent, if not as powerful.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
That doesn't bode well for depreciation. When dealers are selling them new for $30k less than what they sold for a year ago, that's gotta be painful to current owners and to 2020 prospective buyers.
due to the significant drop in retail sales across the board., used car prices have significant dropped in the last couple of months.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
That doesn't bode well for depreciation. When dealers are selling them new for $30k less than what they sold for a year ago, that's gotta be painful to current owners and to 2020 prospective buyers.
Absolutely true, but also could be a great opportunity for anyone interested right now. That discount is making me interested! (I also like the color!) Looks like that was a First Addition model with 22" wheels. Very nice.

Depreciation is an issue for sure depending on how long you expect to own it. $30k off now makes it much less of an issue.

Massachusetts isn't too far of a drive for me....... ?

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nobody really knows how much a new model will depreciate. The same could happen to the ME. EVs are particularly subject to depreciation given the very rapid advances in battery technology. The only EV that's avoided this is Tesla. In fact Tesla has better resale than most any ICE car. Reputation and the incredible SC network goes a long way to explaining this. My S is about 3 years old and I bought it for just a shade under $70,000. I also got the tax credits, fed & state, so that brought it down to about $61,000. Jaguar gave me $46,500, so I didn't do too badly at all. These credits go a long way to fighting depreciation.

Now there's no way the I-Pace or ME will hold its value like Tesla, but hey, I'm getting close to $20,000 off of sticker plus another $8,000+ in tax credits. That brings down my real cost to about $58,000. That's a lot of 'built-in' depreciation I can absorb. So I'm not at all worried about resale given how much I've gotten in breaks on this car already. People often don't factor these things in.
Symos, thanks, and yes I too wouldnā€™t have considered an I-Pace at its MSRP. Iā€˜ve never seen nor bought such a heavily discounted car, certainly not one of this caliber.

Interestingly my insurance went down $240/year from my 2017 Tesla. So even there things improved.

I got my first OTA update last night on the car, so itā€™s nice to see that similar Tesla functionality working as promised.
Bye, Ken. I will miss your comments and insights. I too have gotten wander lust while I wait for a sign of a pulse from Ford. I almost bought a 2012 TS (Signature Red #988) last week. It was still under warranty til 12/31/20 and had a new 90 KWh battery and a new P90 motor...strange but true. It would be sitting in my garage now except for my wife reminding me why I sold my TS three years ago. I am older and was complaining about getting in and out of it because it was so low...I need a higher car.

Good luck with the I Pace. It ought to be a great car for you.
Sponsored