BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
Bogey, that looks exactly like mine. Welcome to what seems to be the rapidly grow I-Pace owners club that was originally in the Mach-E camp. You'll love the car and at the price they're now offering it, it's a no-brainer IMO. :)

The first real range test I tried, I was getting about 250 miles.
Thanks Ken, it's very exciting to have the I-Pace in the driveway because it was totally unexpected! My wife is already starting with the "When is YOUR Mach E coming because you can't keep borrowing my Jaguar!" It's going to feel like an even longer wait now than previously anticipated. ;)

It's great that you got around 250 miles because perhaps that means the software update that Jaguar released in December is helping to up the range like they said. It's also good to know that like Tesla, Jaguar is improving the existing cars with updates.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a reservation for a Mach E FE. After reading the electrek.co article on the I-Pace discounts however, curiosity and boredom overtook us as my wife normally works in Manhattan and has been working from home since mid-March. So we made an appointment for this past Thursday and took the hour and a half ride to the Jaguar dealer near us that was offering the discounts to check it out. Well for less than what my First Edition MSRPs for we bought a 2019 I-Pace SE that said $81,681 on the Monroney sticker. They delivered it to us on Friday. It's gorgeous, hi tech, fast and everything I hope the MME will be. We have two PHEVs already, a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica and a 2020 Kia Niro and my wife announced that the Kia will now go to my daughter as soon as the DMV here opens back up and she can take her road test. I still plan on keeping my reservation for my MME but I will be looking into changing it to a GT with performance package because there is no way my ego can handle my wife having the fastest car in the household for too long. :eek:
Hey, congrats on the new I-PACE! Jaguar really hit it out of the park with that crossover. It's a beautiful car with the performance to put almost anything else to shame. I'm excited to see so many people getting new EVs even if it means that some of them have to cancel their Mach-E reservations. If it makes you feel any better, I think for the same amount of money as a very nice 2019 I-PACE SE or HSE, it'll be worth the year to wait for a well-optioned 2021 MME GT. Regardless, you can't go wrong either way. Enjoy the wife's Jag in the meantime and savor the wait for a GT!

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Thanks Ken, it's very exciting to have the I-Pace in the driveway because it was totally unexpected! My wife is already starting with the "When is YOUR Mach E coming because you can't keep borrowing my Jaguar!" It's going to feel like an even longer wait now than previously anticipated. ;)

It's great that you got around 250 miles because perhaps that means the software update that Jaguar released in December is helping to up the range like they said. It's also good to know that like Tesla, Jaguar is improving the existing cars with updates.
It was absolutely unexpected for me and I think @Ken7 as well. The I-Pace has been a welcome and out-of-the-blue revelation. As soon as this Coronavirus thing settles a bit more, I should actually get a chance to drive it regularly! ?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see what happens to JLR's fate in the next few weeks.
My guess is that Jaguar may survive but will be a more focused company with only two or three platforms targeting a niche market -- more like Volvo.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwi...otors-ponders-jlr-recovery-plan/#53cc0f7572fa
We're watching for sure. I do think Jaguar is too valuable to not continue, but it may pair down some of its lineup and focus on the profitable segments and future tech. Might need the sniper approach and not the buckshot with their lineup. We'll see if Tata makes changes, sells, or reinvests. They could be looking for the British government to provide some incentives as well.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
If you go that way, you’ll love the car.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Infotainment and environmental control lag seems like the worst things people have to complain about it. 6 year, 100k warranty?
Battery is 8 year, 100,000 miles. Everything else including maintenance is 5 year, 60,000 miles. Infotainment could be better, but it is better than the car I traded in for it. And the drive, quality, and comfort are superb.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I've been seeing used I-PACEs for really cheap, and if this depreciation keeps up I may have to get one instead of a MME next year. A lightly used $35-39k 2019 I-PACE might be a possibility next year if the prices keep dropping.

Example, here's a top of the line First Edition I-PACE for $50k.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/811197243/overview/

Base model I-PACE S for $48k
https://www.landroverminneapolis.co...r-I-PACE-8daea0590a0e0a6b10e26e518e1cf4d5.htm
You can get a new I-Pace for at least $20k off of MSRP. With around 10k miles like your examples, even cheaper. Still get the $7500 tax credit if new.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You can get a new I-Pace for at least $20k off of MSRP. With around 10k miles like your examples, even cheaper. Still get the $7500 tax credit if new.
At the pace they're depreciating, it's possible they'll be in the $30k range next year. I'm not sure what the floor is for pricing but that's gotta be close for a 200+ mile EV.

I don't know if there was ever a waitlist for the I-PACE like there is for the MME. Soft demand for the Jaguar is just crushing the resale value.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
At the pace they're depreciating, it's possible they'll be in the $30k range next year. I'm not sure what the floor is for pricing but that's gotta be close for a 200+ mile EV.

I don't know if there was ever a waitlist for the I-PACE like there is for the MME. Soft demand for the Jaguar is just crushing the resale value.
I highly doubt that. They did take a huge hit due to market conditions (and the unnatural love for Tesla over everyone else so far), but ultimately, supply and demand do kick in. I would not count on a continued precipitous fall over and above normal depreciation due to mileage and age. They are great cars. Demand will/has kicked in seeing the incredible value in the I-Pace at these prices.

I think the $70k to $90k price points were the initial huge hurdle, even in the face of all the awards the car won for design, etc. Now that they are coming closer in line with Tesla Model Y and an obviously better overall car, the demand is coming around. It's what got me to buy the I-Pace and cancel my Mach E GT reservation!

Sounds like I'm taking your job @Ken7! :p

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
I've been seeing used I-PACEs for really cheap, and if this depreciation keeps up I may have to get one instead of a MME next year. A lightly used $35-39k 2019 I-PACE might be a possibility next year if the prices keep dropping.

Example, here's a top of the line First Edition I-PACE for $50k.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/811197243/overview/

Base model I-PACE S for $48k
https://www.landroverminneapolis.co...r-I-PACE-8daea0590a0e0a6b10e26e518e1cf4d5.htm
The service history is a bit concerning on the first one. Second is a lemon.
Sponsored