MME vs Chevy Blazer EV

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
How do I talk to my dad who is set on buying the first model year of this crossover, out of it. I told him at least wait for second years to work out some bugs. I'm not trying to knock on GM better experience than Ford in EVs.

Also I think this is too much tech for him. In way over head. Chewing more than he can swallow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
The 1st model year discussion is a legit one. My crystal ball broke a few years back so I cant foresee how it will turn out. It looks like a cool car and there's no better feeling than being the first kid on the block with the cool toy.
The matter of too much tech, I, on behalf of your Dad, would tell you to go screw. I'm sure the old man still has a few tricks up his sleeve and you both can treat it like a bonding experience. Heck, maybe he'll even let you take it for a spin.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
How do I talk to my dad who is set on buying the first model year of this crossover, out of it. I told him at least wait for second years to work out some bugs. I'm not trying to knock on GM better experience than Ford in EVs.

Also I think this is too much tech for him. In way over head. Chewing more than he can swallow.
If it’s anything like the Mach E and has a months long waiting list…… if he doesn’t like it he could sell it and maybe even make a profit.

Why talk him out of a car that doesn’t even exist yet?

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
As I understand it the 2023's are sold out (quickly) and he'll have to wait for the 2024s anyway and give the early adopters a chance to get the bugs worked out.

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
How?

Tons of cars have frunks, and well before the MachE.

Every mid engine or rear engine vehicle made for example.
354FBA90-333F-4102-A74C-CDDA614350EA.jpeg

Beetle comes to mind. Check out that frunk storage!
And the windshield washers use air pressure from the spare tire - ask me how I know! I believe the system would stop your washers if the spare tire pressure got to some level, but that system failed me.

Cheers,
Bill

Last edited:

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
You do realize the GT weighs 5000 lbs with 480 hp and a smaller 88 kWh battery and gets 270 miles, right?
The Lyriq can weigh as much as 5913 lbs, that's half a ton more than a Mach E Premium AWD extended range.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
LOL, back before it got slid into a couple of trees the people who made the game 4x4 Evo came out and took pix and measurements of my Blazer. I never did unlock the achievement to use that skin in the game. 😱🐩

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I'm really happy with my Blazer EV reservation. Love the tech. I would jump ship however if there were a higher range EV with higher ground clearance/more traditional SUV shape with more cargo space...e.g. the Kia EV9.

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Recently caught an article that the Lyric will not have air suspension but will be using a similar passive simple design like my Mach-e Premium, so not worth buying IMO. The Blazer-e will likely follow and is always less luxurious than the Cadillac big brother...Oh well.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Recently caught an article that the Lyric will not have air suspension but will be using a similar passive simple design like my Mach-e Premium, so not worth buying IMO. The Blazer-e will likely follow and is always less luxurious than the Cadillac big brother...Oh well.
Lyriqs have been delivered and the review on the ride have been positive:

https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/lyriq-debut-edition-delivered.1124671
https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/lyriq-debut-edition-delivered.1124671/page-3#post-18077109

"1. Ride quality is great, Sporty and firm but soft when it takes the speed bumps and RR crossings. I haven't noticed any negative ride qualities. Very comparable to air ride quality. My 2022 Model S was rough even in comfort mode over my speed bumps and crossings."

FYI The Model S has air suspension and VASTLY better ride quality than a Model 3 or Model Y.

The Blazer will be a sportier less floaty EV I'm sure.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
There's things I like and things I don't. I don't love the front of the vehicle. And it has some nice body lines but looks a little boxy. I'm not sure if I like the location of the large screen, but it might be much better than the Mach E and Tesla's setup. Won't know that until I used it.

I think Chevy's done a nice job overall, but they are a few years later than Ford to get this out.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
There's things I like and things I don't. I don't love the front of the vehicle. And it has some nice body lines but looks a little boxy. I'm not sure if I like the location of the large screen, but it might be much better than the Mach E and Tesla's setup. Won't know that until I used it.

I think Chevy's done a nice job overall, but they are a few years later than Ford to get this out.
Did you ever hear of the Volt?