TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It exists but who wants to be the guinea pig for it? Not me! Would Tesla approve the use of this? Not likely.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 090904.png
It's not impossible. The question is more just how impractical it is. Notice they only show a voltage rating on that, not a power rating. And that that's still "coming soon". I suspect that's a computer generated image, not the actual product yet. The actual cable will probably be thicker and heavier than that looks. Or rated for 50kw max or something.

Tesla V2 (150kw) cables are not liquid cooled. V3 (250kw) are. V2 cables are about as thick as an EA cable. We all know how thick and heavy and stiff those are. Take a 6 foot section of one of those and you wouldn't even be able to roll it up. At best you'd have to lay it in a "U" shape in your cargo area.

And without cooling that's only 150kw. Somebody would just assume they're good on any charger/car and try it at 250kw.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I

Either way, I would think the Robinson-Patman act prohibits price discrimination, here. I'm not clear how Elon can legally charge MME owners more than Tesla owners for the same product (electricity). What is the loophole? Any legal eagles here?
My guess, and it is only a guess, is there are others fees along with electricity. So the Tesla owners are not charged those fees as they came with the purchase of the car. That is why if you pay the membership fee you can get the Tesla price. Same way some people have the free charge at EA(?) as it came with the purchase of the car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I

Either way, I would think the Robinson-Patman act prohibits price discrimination, here. I'm not clear how Elon can legally charge MME owners more than Tesla owners for the same product (electricity). What is the loophole? Any legal eagles here?
He's not selling raw electricity. He's selling a car charging service. Most of the cost and infrastructure is in the service, not the electricity part.

That's why Tesla or EA or EVgo don't need a utility franchise.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
In a free market the seller and buyer are free to exchange goods and services at any price they want to. Are you advocating against a free market? Count me out of that. Price controls are a horrible idea. They create huge problems.
Im with you; free market all the way. If you dont like the price, don't buy it. If the price is too high the market will correct it.

Couple years ago at work we got swirled up in a corporate related R-P pricing claim which left me hyper sensitive to anti-competitive activities.

MrRongoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR Red/Blk Onyx
Country flag
I'm getting an error. Anyone else?

Ford Mustang Mach-E NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709407131847

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Had that same issue. Just follow the directions. Don’t refresh and keep resubmitting. It took me 10-20 times to get it to go through from that screen.

Aubury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Something I would like to see Tesla add, since they're charging more for non-Teslas to use superchargers unless they buy the monthly subscription, is the ability to add our vehicle VIN to the Tesla app so we could get plug & charge with the monthly subscription rate if we bought it. From what I can see, since we don't currently have a way to link our vehicle to our Tesla account we can't use plug & charge if we want to use the discounted rate. So if we want something like that we either need a way to link the car to our Tesla account or Ford adds a way to buy the tesla subscription in fordpass and send that along to Tesla.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Something I would like to see Tesla add, since they're charging more for non-Teslas to use superchargers unless they buy the monthly subscription, is the ability to add our vehicle VIN to the Tesla app so we could get plug & charge with the monthly subscription rate if we bought it. From what I can see, since we don't currently have a way to link our vehicle to our Tesla account we can't use plug & charge if we want to use the discounted rate. So if we want something like that we either need a way to link the car to our Tesla account or Ford adds a way to buy the tesla subscription in fordpass and send that along to Tesla.
I doubt that you're going to see that. EA nor EvGo have done it so I doubt that Tesla would.

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
At this rate some will not get an adapter until Feb 2025. What a cluster!
I know!
Hopefully, they are very conservative dates. I have a number in the 12000's and it says June for me. 4 months to build and ship 12000?

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
At this rate some will not get an adapter until Feb 2025. What a cluster!
"What a cluster!"

How so?

Ford could have solved this problem by charging everyone $230 for the adapter and thereby limiting initial demand to only people who really needed it. The rest of us would buy a cheaper non Tesla adapter. Since GM and Rivian owners will need adapters, it's probable Ford allocation is not 100% of initial production.

So far, Ford has reserved 35616 x $230 = $8,191,680 worth of adapters

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I know!
Hopefully, they are very conservative dates. I have a number in the 12000's and it says June for me. 4 months to build and ship 12000?
They may not be building the adapter here in the US. If they have a factory in China building the adapters, I don't see how they couldn't get the factory to pump more than 3k per month.
Sponsored