Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Here's an interesting software problem. I go up to my car, I open the back door no problem (I have the dongle in my pocket, but also my cell phone I assume it's using the dongle, not the PAAK). I put my backpack in the back of the car, then close the door and click the button on the front door (drivers side). It doesn't open. I push it again. the I push and hold it down,. Still nothing.

Just out of curiosity I try the back door (is the problem the whole car? Or just the front door).

Immediately upon pushing the back door button, both the back and front doors open simultaneously.

I'm not able to reproduce it. Not really an issue unless I see it more often, but I thought I would throw it out there in case people see it.

Mike
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
There have been door control module updates to address all sorts of quirky door behavior. You could have your dealer check or provide your VIN to one of the fine volunteers on here to check for you.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
What is the build date of your car? It is in the door jam when you open the driver's door or you can send me your VIN. 99% chance you qualify for 21P22, which are a bunch of software updates, including the door modules, which fixes this problem.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, he sent me his VIN, he has a 3/2022 build and no door module updates available. So hopefully the dealer can figure out the problem or reapply the DCM updates for each door to see if that resolves it.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This same issue happens to me maybe one out of every 20 times I go to open my driver's door. My door modules are all on the latest versions of the software from what I understand.

OP
OP

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, are there multiple door modules on the mach-e? The SW engineer in me is saying that there is a dropped interrupt in the real-time messaging control between the door and whatever is authorizing access to the car. So when I press the button it reaches out to some central control somewhere and authorizes "go/no go". If the message queue into that module is hung, maybe you would see the doors appear to "freeze" up. By hitting the back door open, perhaps I created another interrupt, freeing up the processor to process both the front door and back door requests at the same time.

OP
OP

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yes. One for each door.
Then that's what I would expect. It's not the door module SW that's the problem. It's almost certainly whatever central control module they talk to that's the issue.

Wish this car was open source :cool:

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Well, he sent me his VIN, he has a 3/2022 build and no door module updates available. So hopefully the dealer can figure out the problem or reapply the DCM updates for each door to see if that resolves it.
Hey. any chance you could run my Vin: 3fmtk3su5mma45345. The car is at the dealer now for the recall and module updates.....I was having some door issues prior to dropping it of. I'm curious if they updated it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey. any chance you could run my Vin: 3fmtk3su5mma45345. The car is at the dealer now for the recall and module updates.....I was having some door issues prior to dropping it of. I'm curious if they updated it.
Sure, just FYI for the future and so this doesn't become an off-topic thread, there is a thread for this already.

Looks like you won the dealer lotto as they did all updates available for you. I'm not seeing where they updated the door modules, but your build date would indicate you should have them available for update. Yesterday they flagged they did 21P22, but I'm not seeing them having done those updates yesterday. They could have done them offline, I guess, so it doesn't show them being installed. Being that no more updates are available and you never had 21P22 done before this visit, I'm sure they did do them.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Also, which pocket? I've made a point to turn and face the car before pressing the button so my body isn't between the key and the vehicle, and it has been far more reliable.

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Sure, just FYI for the future and so this doesn't become an off-topic thread, there is a thread for this already.

Looks like you won the dealer lotto as they did all updates available for you. I'm not seeing where they updated the door modules, but your build date would indicate you should have them available for update. Yesterday they flagged they did 21P22, but I'm not seeing them having done those updates yesterday. They could have done them offline, I guess, so it doesn't show them being installed. Being that no more updates are available and you never had 21P22 done before this visit, I'm sure they did do them.
Thanks! I was aware of the other post - but was specifically interested in the door modules! I really appreciate your response. I got the car back, and it appears PAAK is working correctly again...and the the few times I tried tonight, the doors worked perfectly! I'm crossing my fingers that all is well.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I had this same issue and it was consistently reproducible. I took the car in to the dealer for the big software update to BC and they said the door issue was from a bad 12V battery. Not sure if them replacing the battery is what actually fixed it or if it was the SW updates but I don’t have the issue anymore.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/another-odd-paak-issue.15376/

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Also, which pocket? I've made a point to turn and face the car before pressing the button so my body isn't between the key and the vehicle, and it has been far more reliable.
"You're entering your car wrong." :p