Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Early on there was a pretty high failure rate. Cars weren't bricked, just not complete and most dealers won't give the car back if things are not finished properly, so they ended up keeping the cars for days while they waited on feedback from the hotline.

A few users on here have reported things dying such as the IPC and needing replaced. Although, that has been very rare.

Since the new updates came out this week, I've been seeing many more success reports than failures.
Seems like what you're saying here is what's happening with my situation. She did mention something about one of the modules dying or staying on all time time and killing the 12v battery.
Sponsored

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Seems like what you're saying here is what's happening with my situation. She did mention something about one of the modules dying or staying on all time time and killing the 12v battery.
Which seems to indicate the dealers are not following instructions and using the proper 13.6 power supply meant for flashing modules. I wonder if they just throw on their 10 Ampere trickle charger and think it is enough. It is hard to believe that I am more of an expert on module updates than a trained Ford tech. If I was 35 years younger I would consider working on BEVs at a dealer.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Which seems to indicate the dealers are not following instructions and using the proper 13.6 power supply meant for flashing modules. I wonder if they just throw on their 10 Ampere trickle charger and think it is enough. It is hard to believe that I am more of an expert on module updates than a trained Ford tech. If I was 35 years younger I would consider working on BEVs at a dealer.
I think she meant staying on continuously after the updates were done and I took the car home.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That's what I'm thinking too. They just don't want the hassle.
Disagree somewhat.

Yes, it's a hassle. They also get warranty reimbursement at a rate lower than what they charge, so technicians get paid less. And, it ties up a bay for a longer time than most things. And, they don't get paid for the 2 or 3 retries they have to do. And, if it doesn't work the customer is pissed at them, not Ford.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Disagree somewhat.

Yes, it's a hassle. They also get warranty reimbursement at a rate lower than what they charge, so technicians get paid less. And, it ties up a bay for a longer time than most things. And, they don't get paid for the 2 or 3 retries they have to do. And, if it doesn't work the customer is pissed at them, not Ford.
I'm more pissed at Ford for emailing me that my car is eligible for an update and not making the same information available to the dealership.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Don’t forget all… this really is still cutting edge tech, changing the way an industry has worked for 40+ years…

I generally consider myself paying ford to beta test a new concept… lots of kinks along the way

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm more pissed at Ford for emailing me that my car is eligible for an update and not making the same information available to the dealership.

The info is available to them. They either didn't read it fully, or decided to not do it based on what they heard from someone else. The documents that have been shared on here are exactly what a tech would see when they go to do the work.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
UGGGGGGH.
Just went for a drive… had bluecruise 2 days ago and was working perfectly. Dealer completed upgrades Tuesday afternoon. Drove same highway and I got the bluecruise is on “ok” prompt… but the car never went into BC mode. Only maintained the ‘old’ hands on wheel mode.
Blue cruise still showing in the sync about…

I don’t have blue cruise in my connected services (just nothing)

not really sure where to go… guess can call ford, though they just punt To the dealership and the dealership has no clue
If your BC was working, it didn't go away. Sometimes, depending on the angle of the sun and the visibility of the lines, BC won't work at one time, and then it will the next.

Also, it took almost a week before the BC showed in my connected services after the updates were installed and BC had been working.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I am scheduled for Tuesday for CSP 22B08, TSB 22-2150, and 21G01.

The tech was aware that 22150 replaced 22-2117 and that there was a supplement for 21G01.

He also said he would to 22B08 first so that 22-2150 would go more smoothly.

Said to expect up to 2.5 days to complete. But he also said Ford was now paying for actual time to do these updates rather than some Ford specified amount, which I found really amazing.

Jim

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yet another issue resolved today by Ford

RESOLVED- 2021 F-150 and Mach-E APIM Software Update Failures

RESOLVED - The Ford Technical Assistance Center and Ford IT teams are aware that due to server related concerns, APIM programming was failing with an error message stating Procedure Unsuccesful - GetConfigDataFromGIVIS Modified Configuration data is missing from Ford server". This has been resolved as of May 5, 2022. Programming is completing properly at this time.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
If your BC was working, it didn't go away. Sometimes, depending on the angle of the sun and the visibility of the lines, BC won't work at one time, and then it will the next.

Also, it took almost a week before the BC showed in my connected services after the updates were installed and BC had been working.
Hmmm. Interesting. I’m going for a ride tonight so I’ll try again…. But had both north/south/westbound highway directions on the above report, so figure sun wouldn’t have been an issue at least at some point

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Seems like a lot of dealers just do the PCM (Powertrain Control, first 5 modules that run as a group), then think they are done, or that’s all they are willing to do. That’s what happened to me.
I almost did that to myself, actually, then I just continued installing everything until it was "done" and then had GWM and APIM updates suddenly appear.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Don’t forget all… this really is still cutting edge tech, changing the way an industry has worked for 40+ years…

I generally consider myself paying ford to beta test a new concept… lots of kinks along the way
This is NOT cutting edge tech. This is only cutting edge for a century old entrenched car company. Google, Apple, and even Tesla have been doing this for years. Ford is just lagging behind. Granted they aren’t lagging behind as much as everyone else, but they are still far from “cutting edge”

I am a frequent beta tester too, but this is one area where I would be hesitant to run the first beta.

Last edited:

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Until you found out how dealer techs get paid. Then you would run for the hills as a large number of us experienced techs did. ;) :cool:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a rather large expense this month that is going to take my play money so FDRS will have to wait a bit longer, or the OTA will begin and Hell will actually freeze.
Sponsored