Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
Occupation
sw Eng
Country flag
I logged into my ford Account to view my order. When I viewed it there was a Faqs link at the bottom. It has a bit about the final selling price (nothing in there about MSRP changing the price just fees and such). This is what it says:

The dealer selling price is the price the Dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the pricing summary at the time of your online (or offline) Order. The estimated dealer selling price excludes available incentives (including AXZD-Plans pricing for qualified customers), governmental taxes and fees, title or registration fees, and dealer-installed options. All current available incentives (including AXZD-Plans Pricing), taxes and fees will be applied at time of vehicle delivery and prior to signing of the Purchase Agreement. The final selling price, including Dealer Installed Options, taxes, fees and applicable incentives, will be reflected in the Purchase Agreement.
Sponsored

Eatchu

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, Ford Mustang Mach-E (on order)
Country flag
The dealer has got back to me and claimed there will be no price protection for my order, I will try to talk to them again tomorrow about the price protection stuff. For now they are only honoring the $750 credit Ford offered.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
As far as I have been told , and shown in the email from Ford, it is based on the MSRP final price listed on the original order sheet and the difference to the current window sticker MSRP. In my case its for a Premium AWD extended range. The $1000 difference in base model pricing, AND the $1000 difference in extended range battery pricing.

Tony
Unless you actually upgraded to a different model, I think this is bogus.
2022 ordered on Nov 29th 2021. Here is the response from my Dealer: "I just finished speaking with my Ford Rep. Your Mach-E base price will be price protected. That will account for $1000.00 of the price difference. Unfortunately, the other $1000 is for the ext battery which is not price protected. Your selling price will be $58,140.00 plus taxes, tags, and fees as of now."
This sounds like BS to me. The battery is part of the car, which is price protected. I’d push back. Hard. Your dealer is trying to pocket an additional $1000.

bpbailey

First Name
BYRON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Select; '23 BMW i4; '20 Prius Prime
Country flag

This sounds like BS to me. The battery is part of the car, which is price protected. I’d push back. Hard. Your dealer is trying to pocket an additional $1000.
I just got off the phone with my dealer (Perry Ford in National City, CA) and they assured me that I am price protected for the MSRP listed when I placed my order on 10/01/21

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag

Well here is the proof as far as I'm concerned, states "INCLUDED ON THIS VEHICLE"
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order prior to price increase, increased in price Sticker4online2

And since Ford won't sell us a car WITHOUT a battery, its considered part of the PRICE PROTECTION per FORD!

Thanks, and I now return you to the regularly scheduled dips%^#& dealers who want to screw their customers over. Fight for what is right (as long as you have documentation to prove it)

Tony

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
So I know that some are adamant that we will all be price protected on 2022 orders completed before December 2021, while others are in the wait and see mode. I am in the latter category of being skeptical so I met with my sales rep today to try and get some clarity from him about the pricing and also get an update on my car that was scheduled for production the week of 1/10/22.

The good news is that my car has been built and is now on hold waiting for chips with an estimated delivery date of Feb 20th.

The less good news was that he showed me the invoice that he pulled off the system and it showed me at the higher price, which for my Premium AWD extended range was $2000 more than the price was in October 2021 when my 2021 order was converted to a 2022 model.

When I raised the issue, he first pointed me to the $750 rebate the Ford gave to all those who had 2021 models converted to 2022's. I explained to him that the $750 rebate only covered the initial price increase of roughly $600 for going from a 2021 to a 2022. I said that the price jumped another $2000 in January 2022 which was after my order went through and so I should not have to pay that extra $2,000.

He then went and spoke to his manager and came back and said that they won't really know the final price until they get the DORA documents near the time of delivery and that their hope is the price protection will be reflected then. He also said that this is a new issue for them as they have not had any 2022's delivered yet.

So unfortunately there still isn't much clarity on the issue. We just have to wait and see what happens when the car is delivered and hope that both Ford and the dealer do the right thing and honor the price protection.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
So I know that some are adamant that we will all be price protected on 2022 orders completed before December 2021, while others are in the wait and see mode. I am in the latter category of being skeptical so I met with my sales rep today to try and get some clarity from him about the pricing and also get an update on my car that was scheduled for production the week of 1/10/22.

The good news is that my car has been built and is now on hold waiting for chips with an estimated delivery date of Feb 20th.

The less good news was that he showed me the invoice that he pulled off the system and it showed me at the higher price, which for my Premium AWD extended range was $2000 more than the price was in October 2021 when my 2021 order was converted to a 2022 model.

When I raised the issue, he first pointed me to the $750 rebate the Ford gave to all those who had 2021 models converted to 2022's. I explained to him that the $750 rebate only covered the initial price increase of roughly $600 for going from a 2021 to a 2022. I said that the price jumped another $2000 in January 2022 which was after my order went through and so I should not have to pay that extra $2,000.

He then went and spoke to his manager and came back and said that they won't really know the final price until they get the DORA documents near the time of delivery and that their hope is the price protection will be reflected then. He also said that this is a new issue for them as they have not had any 2022's delivered yet.

So unfortunately there still isn't much clarity on the issue. We just have to wait and see what happens when the car is delivered and hope that both Ford and the dealer do the right thing and honor the price protection.
I am willing to bet you will have to argue when the time comes until you're blue in the face to get it and they will say, "well, someone else was here earlier and saw the mach-e and are willing to pay the full price."

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
Question for those in the know, of which I am certainly not one: Can the dealer pocket the price protection dough without the buyer knowing? Or does activating the price protection put it onto the invoice where the buyer would see it?

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
Ok this is good to know. I logged in this week and saw the 2k price increase, but I ordered on 10/1.

avinator

First Name
Avinash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi,Mach E,Honda Pilot
Country flag
The easiest thing to do for Ford is send a letter to all folks and inform them similar to how they did with the model year change and 750$. Even calling ford gets you nowhere. I just got my production date for July 31 2021 order for March 14 2022. And most Dealers will want to push the matter for later as i might say with pace that ford moves i am not surprised they have not gotten their act together.
I spoke to a friend at coffee and asked his legal take. He said in case of Tesla argument is they donot change model name and have no year designation hence change the car without much ado about anything and there you can argue you ordered a model Y but here your model changed from 2021 to 2022 atleast in my case. He said argument could be made other way just the issue is when they changed price was lower. He said wait till the company gives clarity and this is a marquee car so they logically should be more sensible to avoid bad press.
After all that its basically there is some information that Ford is doing right thing but everyones mileage might vary due to Dealership involved.

I feel like being episode of Seinfeld. I did reserve it so you need to hold it types not just give it away.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
I spoke to a friend at coffee and asked his legal take. He said in case of Tesla argument is they donot change model name and have no year designation hence change the car without much ado about anything and there you can argue you ordered a model Y but here your model changed from 2021 to 2022 atleast in my case. He said argument could be made other way just the issue is when they changed price was lower.
This is entirely irrelevant. Anyone who ordered a 2021 had that order replaced with a NEW order for a 2022. The price in place when the 2022 was confirmed by the dealer is what you're protected for so there's no issue with the model year being different.

The $750 that Ford sent is separate and addresses the model year change.

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
Huh, I’ve been following this thread for the past few weeks, and my order (22 GTPE, placed before the Dec price increase) hadn’t been affected by whatever update gremlin Ford is using to give people heartburn…until today!

I wonder if it means I’m about to be scheduled? Or maybe I’m about to be put at the end of the schedule. Who knows? ?

jj99

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 / 2016 Explorer Platinum
Country flag
I put this in another thread, but I was able to have a definitive chat with ford marketing. There is a $2000 coupon code for all existing orders prior to the increase. The dealer will be able to apply this to the order when you take delivery. Unfortunately however, they said that the $750 model year coupon was not stackable with the second one. I guess thats a ok compromise?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I put this in another thread, but I was able to have a definitive chat with ford marketing. There is a $2000 coupon code for all existing orders prior to the increase. The dealer will be able to apply this to the order when you take delivery. Unfortunately however, they said that the $750 model year coupon was not stackable with the second one. I guess thats a ok compromise?
They are INCORRECT. The dealer will get back $2,000 from Ford IF they sell it to the person that ordered it, AND you can use the $750 incentive.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection.14010/

jj99

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 / 2016 Explorer Platinum
Country flag