Order Scheduled for Production Date

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I received an update from my dealer that I now have a scheduled build *date* of 11/24. Originally. it was just the build week of 11/23.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

rplinpa

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
If this has already been addressed on these boards, please excuse me.

It looks like there are 4 important dates: production, built, shipped, delivered. Does anyone have a guesstimate what the time might be between the 4?

My production date is December 14, for instance. Any guesses what the built date might be, then how long it would take to ship and then how long before it is received? I'm thinking it must be at least 1 month between start of production and delivered date. Thoughts?

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
premium AWD ER Star White
Res: 19 nov 2019
Order: in june 2020
Built date: 17 nov 2020
Order province: Quebec, Canada
And I have been told if everything is right i’m suposed to have my car 3rd week of january, i made him repeat the build date twice since I find it early but he confirmed

Reactions: ARK

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Spoke with my dealer yesterday. I now have a build “day” for my FE of December 15th. VIN sequence is 0599x.

He said their demo Premium was being built that day (Oct. 30th).
Sounds about right.
Spoke with my dealer yesterday. I now have a build “day” for my FE of December 15th. VIN sequence is 0599x.

He said their demo Premium was being built that day (Oct. 30th).
Thanks for sharing. This works with our theory about production volume. If vehicles are assembled roughly in sequence order then macchiaz-o's car would be a Thursday or Friday build.

Their demo was assembled yesterday?

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Sounds about right.

Thanks for sharing. This works with our theory about production volume. If vehicles are assembled roughly in sequence order then macchiaz-o's car would be a Thursday or Friday build.

Their demo was assembled yesterday?
That’s what he said. ??‍♂

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
In speaking to my dealer , he says that it would usually take 5-6 weeks to deliver (to NorCal)... and given it’s a new production line that it could take longer. So, Even with an 11/24 build date, he is expecting it to arrive late Jan...

Hoping he’s wrong on this one.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
In speaking to my dealer , he says that it would usually take 5-6 weeks to deliver (to NorCal)... and given it’s a new production line that it could take longer. So, Even with an 11/24 build date, he is expecting it to arrive late Jan...

It looks like the first two weeks of customer cars are mostly for California so the shipping process might be streamlined to your region.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
No doubt there are a number of us California buyers hoping for a streamlined shipping process. ?

It looks like the first two weeks of customer cars are mostly for California so the shipping process might be streamlined to your region.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
NorCal dealer delivery
Blue premium AWD extended
11/2019 reservation for white
Converted to order as blue 9/3/2020
Build date 11/30
Feel like I hit the lottery with early build date but hopes of Christmas delivery for wife doubtful.

No doubt there are a number of us California buyers hoping for a streamlined shipping process. ?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

A Ford insider, @trutolife27 , has said Ford is trying really hard to make as many deliveries in 2020 as possible. Maybe it will come a lot quicker compared with a normal delivery if Ford is putting in this sort of extraordinary effort to get the MME in customers’ hands.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

I was at the Mach E roadshow at Concord Ford Friday and was given that same rough timeline for delivery. I reserved and placed my order September 23rd, so definitely not expecting it anytime soon (I've only perused this thread, but don't think anyone who reserved after July even had received a build date yet).

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was at the Mach E roadshow at Concord Ford Friday and was given that same rough timeline for delivery. I reserved and placed my order September 23rd, so definitely not expecting it anytime soon (I've only perused this thread, but don't think anyone who reserved after July even had received a build date yet).
Especially if you didNt have a reservation prior to your order.
Sponsored