TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's there right now, my parking brake is broken. It won't release. I asked them to look into the upgrade
Hopefully they will get it all sorted for you. My car hasn't seen any updates since April and probably won't until BlueCruise releases at this rate.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hopefully they will get it all sorted for you. My car hasn't seen any updates since April and probably won't until BlueCruise releases at this rate.
I have seen twice it's said successful update on the fordpass app. They will get it sorted I am out of town this week and they thought the calipers pads and rotors would get replaced. They gave me an explorer ST in infinity blue to drive. It's odd going back to a ICE

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
And I don't know if my car has power-Up 1.3.0...

ToTheMoonDJ

First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD EXTD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Is there a way to force an update? Or is 1.6.0 only targeted to a certain test audience? I’m on 1.4.0 and it says I’m up-to-date?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Is there a way to force an update? Or is 1.6.0 only targeted to a certain test audience? I’m on 1.4.0 and it says I’m up-to-date?
I'd like to know this too because apparently my car has not received any OTAs (may have to talk to the dealer for that).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tried turning off Vehicle Connectivity and back on and still haven’t pulled down a single OTA update. Opened a case with Ford corporate to see if they can figure out why my car has three pending OTAs.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Curiosity question, is the software OTA only or can a dealer install it via their normal flashing process?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There's nothing you can do to make it happen faster. Ford only authorizes a certain number of VINs at a time. If your VIN hasn't been authorized for the update yet, you won't get it. A lot of us haven't gotten 1.4.0 or 1.6.0 yet.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I was asking because my vehicle got a notification to upgrade to 1.4.0 and it failed. My car is already in for service and I did ask the dealer to check into this for me.

Screenshot_20210720-081134.png

Screenshot_20210720-081423.png

Screenshot_20210720-081415.png

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Curiosity question, is the software OTA only or can a dealer install it via their normal flashing process?
Dealers can install them. However, you would have to pay for it, unless you were having a specific issue that an update fixes. Just going in, and asking for your car to be updated, Ford won't reimburse a dealer for the time on that.

This is why you'll see people tell you to print off an SSM to take with you if you have a specific issue. If there is an SSM that has an update as part of the fix, they can do that under warranty.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Tried turning off Vehicle Connectivity and back on and still haven’t pulled down a single OTA update. Opened a case with Ford corporate to see if they can figure out why my car has three pending OTAs.
Stand next to your car and do a speed test (e.g. speedtest.net) on your phone while connected to the same wifi. It should probably be something decent like 10 mbps down and 1 mbps up. Also look at the signal bars, they should be medium or higher. If you have a poor WiFi signal in your garage updates won't work.

Same applies to the cellular network, the car wants to see 3/5 signal bars before it will go through with an update. I think Ford uses AT&T LTE so if you have poor coverage in your garage with the door closed that's another potential issue.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stand next to your car and do a speed test (e.g. speedtest.net) on your phone while connected to the same wifi. It should probably be something decent like 10 mbps down and 1 mbps up. Also look at the signal bars, they should be medium or higher. If you have a poor WiFi signal in your garage updates won't work.

Same applies to the cellular network, the car wants to see 3/5 signal bars before it will go through with an update. I think Ford uses AT&T LTE so if you have poor coverage in your garage with the door closed that's another potential issue.
Hmm, I’m getting 74mbps next to the car in the garage. And the system shows it’s connected to the wifi. So not sure why I just have OTAs pending and not downloading.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmm, I’m getting 74mbps next to the car in the garage. And the system shows it’s connected to the wifi. So not sure why I just have OTAs pending and not downloading.
I shut auto updates off and I thought when I accepted it I would see it downloading and installing. Not the case I got pending so shut it off and walked away. I did happen with 1.4. so if you are pending you are ahead of me on this one.
Sponsored