Poll: Do You Have The Charge Assist / Public Charging SYNC App?

Do You Have The Charge Assist / Public Charging SYNC App?

• Total voters

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I am not sure what benefit the Charge Assist tool provides compared to the Navigation system. Maybe it shows a little more detail about the location (number of chargers and potentially speed) but you can filter in the Nav system the speed so I really don't see the benefit.
It also shows the live availability status of chargers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
It also shows the live availability status of chargers.
But doesn't work while driving....so when you get there you can check to see which ones are available, either by looking out the front windshield or consulting Charge Assist :cool:

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
I am not sure what benefit the Charge Assist tool provides compared to the Navigation system. Maybe it shows a little more detail about the location (number of chargers and potentially speed) but you can filter in the Nav system the speed so I really don't see the benefit.
It makes it a lot easier to start a charge at some locations. At Starbucks they have chargepoint units that you can start with a credit card at the terminal or I can just pull up and start the charge from my car and plug it in when ready. Another location I use is at a Chevy dealership that has several brand new ABB units but the only way to start them is with some card the dealership hands out which I don't have. No credit card readers on the units. But I can pull up to it and start it with plug and charge and away it goes.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
But doesn't work while driving....so when you get there you can check to see which ones are available, either by looking out the front windshield or consulting Charge Assist :cool:
Charge Assist also lets you initiate the charging session to your BOCN account.

all of these extra functions in Charge Assist seem like good additions to make to the Nav software... hmmm. 😎

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
True, but you can always pull over en route, too. I, for one, am glad Ford doesn't allow numbskulls to read entire 15" screens' worth of text while driving.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That is really odd that so many people don't have the app. It's been in my car for quite some time and isn't related to any new updates. I've been using it for nearly a year to charge at two locations I frequent on road trips. Can't imagine why it isn't in all cars.
I think that it was mentioned that if your car, for whatever reason, missed the update that included the Public Charging app, you might be out of luck. I don't know the reason for that. You'd think that your car would be able to download relevant updates that it hasn't received and that have already been released, but I don't know the ins and outs of Ford's software rollouts.

DRCal68

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium 4X Ext, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think that it was mentioned that if your car, for whatever reason, missed the update that included the Public Charging app, you might be out of luck. I don't know the reason for that. You'd think that your car would be able to download relevant updates that it hasn't received and that have already been released, but I don't know the ins and outs of Ford's software rollouts.
The MME we just got in January was not even built when the app came out. But our car doesn’t have it. We have received 4 updates in the last 6 weeks. Bizarre.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Very useful app after the onboarding navigation expires. This is one way to get directions to compatible chargers (talking about the Tesla Superchargers). As you can’t select a charger from the expired navigation.
It will still route you to chargers if you need, just not going to let you pick one of your choice.

redgrandam

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select
Country flag
The MME we just got in January was not even built when the app came out. But our car doesn’t have it. We have received 4 updates in the last 6 weeks. Bizarre.
When did the app come out?
I got my MME 2 weeks ago. Two updates have come down so far but I also don’t have the charge assist app.

The build date of my car was November 2023.

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
When did the app come out?
I got my MME 2 weeks ago. Two updates have come down so far but I also don’t have the charge assist app.

The build date of my car was November 2023.
It's kind of hard to tell exactly - I saw it in September or October 2023, can't remember exactly which month.

I have a 2022.5 Premium

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Charge Assist started showing up in september. it didn't arrive with any numbered power-up or priority update that showed in the update section - it just kinda showed up in the app drawer.

Mache_Nor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE LR RWD
Country flag
Any of you other eurotards that has gotten it? I have a 21’ job 2 but no charge assist what so ever.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Changed my vote, it showed up this morning in my car. I did go and use P&C on Tesla late last week, maybe that triggered it.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Charge Assist also lets you initiate the charging session to your BOCN account.

all of these extra functions in Charge Assist seem like good additions to make to the Nav software... hmmm. 😎

Keep in mind that the Nav software in the car is not built by Ford, but by Garmin. This is probably why things like charge assist are a separate app. If they can add it to the nav software, they probably have to work with Garmin to get it included in a future release.
Sponsored